• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Be carefull with the "Gift" option

1°) I see more and more sellers asking to be paid via Paypal's "Gift" option. I guess experienced members know it, but I'd like to call attention of the new members to the fact that using this option will let you without any protection in case of conflict.
    If the seller does not send you the item, you won't be abble to complain, since you did not buy anything, you only send money for free (= gift). Paypal's regular fees are way to high, but they offer you a protection in case of problem.
    In addition, the "Gift" option is not always without fees, but they're in fact lower (0,5% instead of 4%).

So, you should use this option only if you have full trust in the buyer.

2°) If you choose the "Gift" option nevertheless, don't write in the invoice "Thanks ! This is the money for [any item]". Paypal's people are not stupid, and they could close your account.

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

Christian I agree with you theoretically, but what you say about paypal's buyers protection sounds more like an ought-to-be state of things than an actual description of pp's reality. In many cases, if a buyer has been robbed and there is no money left on the seller's account, pp will not give his/her money back to the buyer.

So, the gift option shows of course a degree of confidence that is superior to the usual deal, but the first and only rule is, "gift option" on and off, don't buy anything if you don't have full trust in the seller.
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
        Banned
        • Aug 2009

jcotteri - Can't recommend enough. Excellent to deal with, great communication, very fast shipping.

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

Another shining review for AKA....always quick, always as described.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by docintheory View Post
            ZBOSS- amazing seller, awesome communication, ships fast, beautiful items, nice guy - a real pleasure to deal with, cannot recommend him enough.
            fixed
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

Thanks for all the nice words guys.

I think it would be stating the onvious to say that beardown and docintheory are both up there among the best and most congenial individuals on SZ.
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Grazzesto
                • Mar 2010

Would like to toss out a couple thanks for some pretty cool dudes;

Macro, Vikeid and homi!

Thanks to all three for showing patience with the whole e-check situation, great items & quick shipping. Recommend all three

Comment

• curiouscharles
                  • Jan 2008

snafu is a pleasure to deal with. braved suburbia to deliver the goods to my home, with a beer to drink and a canvas bag to fondle. please buy from him.

-

Comment

• whitney
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                    Christian I agree with you theoretically, but what you say about paypal's buyers protection sounds more like an ought-to-be state of things than an actual description of pp's reality. In many cases, if a buyer has been robbed and there is no money left on the seller's account, pp will not give his/her money back to the buyer.

So, the gift option shows of course a degree of confidence that is superior to the usual deal, but the first and only rule is, "gift option" on and off, don't buy anything if you don't have full trust in the seller.
                    that's why I think if paypal has "holds" on payments from buyers to sellers, using eBay, they should do that for all business transactions. paypal will hold the money from being accessed by the seller until the delivery confirmation is made or when the buyer gives positive feedback. obviously if you're selling person to person or small business to person outside eBay there's no such thing as pos feedback but making the sellers provide the tracking number would be nice. So once it's confirmed delivered then the seller gets paid! course snads are a complete different story

also paying for stuff via credit card--would that help if the person never delivers? can you do a chargeback on item never recieved?
                    you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• AZH
                      • Jan 2008

philip nod, very fast shipping. The item is in great condition as described. Thank you very much.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

JetLag, responded to a hopeless WTB thread of mine. Got a hold of me as soon as he was back from Tokyo with pictures as promised. Paid him that night, and my package has already been shipped.

What can I say, amazing guy. Highly recommended.

-

Comment

• thedevilisinthedetails
                          • Nov 2008

Second time buying from J_J and always satisfied. Cannot emphasize on how great it is dealing with her. Highly recommend!

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

bestial and luxaeterna are great sellers and very nice guys, totally legit
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

you beat me to it BSR, have had in mind to write here! :)

BSR is superlegit, of course, likewise with JSebbe and snafu whom I bought from and then changed my mind, refunded everything in an instant!

and for the moment I'm dealing with humancrack, nice and legit.

Comment

• luxaeterna
                                • Aug 2009

Thanks BSR!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡