X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ES3K
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Avantster View Post

That is one of my absolute favorite knits from a really strong collection. Pure Yohji, patterned sleeves and all. I'd be happy to own any of the knits from that collection, really.
    Same here!

Some time ago I asked for more of this in the Help finding thread:

Comment

• elliebea
      • Sep 2009

or

Design women's custom suits and shirts: personalize your style at Sumissura.com. FREE SHIPPING in 2 weeks. Buy now.

Comment

• almroth
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by elliebea View Post
        I almost spat out my morning coffee, that's so funny.

Comment

• quiet noise
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

PUNK IS NOT DEAD

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
            • Mar 2009

Paris ss10:
            Over heard michelle lamy discussing GP. Saying that he needs to not be so one dimensional....if he carries on like this.........

Jeremy Scott walking across palais royale at 6am looking cracked out of his mind

Talk of who shall replace Martin?
            One of sz's most detested designers is apparently in the running for the position....
            After sendinga hand written note on a certain luxury brands headed paper,stating how much he loves the MMM,owns 25 pairs of their shoes and that he copies pieces for his mens line!!!
            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

How does MMM/Maison Marc by Marc sound to everyone??
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                How does MMM/Maison Marc by Marc sound to everyone??
                Like I'll switch to only buying Lanvin, Rick and Ann?
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Say it ain't so!! I could see KVA to MMM and Puke to Dior.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• C'est Fini
                    • Sep 2009

Im happy about this. more destruction. I want all these coveted so called golden oldies to crumble and new talents to emerge.

Seriously who cares? Not like you wear too much MMM anyway faust?
                    MMM was dead to me when renzo rosso took over. I knew this was coming.
                    The brand has a growing number of stores and has lost its cult vibe.
                    Time for new stuff

I find it funny when so many people here go nuts when a designer retires or goes bankrupt(*if you really want them to survive buy their clothes retail).. Yes its sad, but look at the bigger picture. We're yet to see the greats to come.

Comment

• asho
                      • Nov 2007

when i clicked this link there was an add for uggs at the bottom of the page...

Comment

• merkuri
                        • Sep 2009

MMM has remained solid IMO and he has had little to do with it for some time. i have no good suggestions for who should lead, the collective seems to be doing fine

Comment

• dolochov
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by C'est Fini View Post
                          Im happy about this. more destruction. I want all these coveted so called golden oldies to crumble and new talents to emerge.

[...]

I find it funny when so many people here go nuts when a designer retires or goes bankrupt(*if you really want them to survive buy their clothes retail).. Yes its sad, but look at the bigger picture. We're yet to see the greats to come.
                          I don't quite think so. My point doesn't necessarily have to do with the actual designers discussed in this thread before, but I don't think that bankruptcy in fashion business can be compared to bankruptcy in "normal" economy, which can have postive, stimulating and correcting effects.

Because in fashion, genius does not necessarily come along with gain. History shows us that many of the most talented artists were poor for the most part of their life because their work began to be appreciated not until they were dead. Examples like that show that our capitalistic system may be good at rewarding productivity and economically reasonable actions, but creativity and artistic talent are qualities which can hardly be rated or included in a business plan.

If the work of a designer suffers from financial problems or if he even isn't able to produce his visions it could be another talent that didn't have the possibility to prove his genius and I don't think that this is something we should be happy about.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by C'est Fini View Post

Seriously who cares? Not like you wear too much MMM anyway faust?
                            MMM was dead to me when renzo rosso took over. I knew this was coming.
                            The brand has a growing number of stores and has lost its cult vibe.
                            Time for new stuff

I used to wear a lot of it when I worked at the office, and unlike for many people unfamiliar with Margiela's history, for me the v-neck sweaters do not overshadow his legacy.

You have a point, in a way, and maybe it is true that the old must die in order for the new to take its place.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dolochov View Post
                              I don't quite think so. My point doesn't necessarily have to do with the actual designers discussed in this thread before, but I don't think that bankruptcy in fashion business can be compared to bankruptcy in "normal" economy, which can have postive, stimulating and correcting effects.

Because in fashion, genius does not necessarily come along with gain. History shows us that many of the most talented artists were poor for the most part of their life because their work began to be appreciated not until they were dead. Examples like that show that our capitalistic system may be good at rewarding productivity and economically reasonable actions, but creativity and artistic talent are qualities which can hardly be rated or included in a business plan.

If the work of a designer suffers from financial problems or if he even isn't able to produce his visions it could be another talent that didn't have the possibility to prove his genius and I don't think that this is something we should be happy about.
                              Thanks, that was a stimulating response. Got me thinking about fashion v. art again.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

I was rather shocked when i heard marc was in the running.....
                                i personally think that stefano pilati will be a good replacement.
                                As he would have more freedom to explore his concepts than he does at YSL.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎