X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • genevieveryoko
    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by merkuri View Post
    MMM has remained solid IMO and he has had little to do with it for some time. i have no good suggestions for who should lead, the collective seems to be doing fine
    I'm not sure if you could call the latest collection fine, looks more to me like they are on some strange drugs.
    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
      I was rather shocked when i heard marc was in the running.....
      i personally think that stefano pilati will be a good replacement.
      As he would have more freedom to explore his concepts than he does at YSL.
      I just don't see this happening. Why would he leave LV for MMM?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
        • Sep 2006

I spent some idle time the other day trying to solve Rosso's little conundrum, and the only designer I can think of for the position who makes any kind of sense is Lutz Huelle; he used to work for Margiela, and he's been making MMM-style stuff ever since.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
          good call droogist, lutz might work. But I wish they close MMM asap and keep MM heritage untouched.
          s

This ain't gonna happen. The company is profitable, and is actually holding up well during the recession. Another question, of course is, who will buy Margiela without Margiela?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

those who don't care who makes it and those who think Helmut Lang still has a label
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Haha, I suppose.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                • Oct 2006

Honestly, I don't think I really care who 'makes' Margiela either. From the sounds of it / rumours / etc... I had just assumed he hasn't even really been doing much at all for several seasons now and I still think that (at least in menswear) they've been putting out some of the better collections in terms of product. It may not have the artistry, etc... that heritage MMM has but I don't know much about that since I've never had much access to the earlier work. The team is one of the few putting out a collection that to me seems sort of 'chic' which i feel is unusual for menswear and yet very un-fussy (or perhaps because of it).

We'll see how they do officially without him, though.
                WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

^in theory I suppose it shouldn't matter that the man is gone--
                  wasn't that the point of the collective representing the Maison?
                  In that sense, it's almost ironic how quickly things have gone downhill after his departure...the last 3 seasons for women have been noticeably weak.
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                    • Sep 2009

Laika I think you hit the nail on the head!

Personally, I'd rather support someone who puts a face to their name like Westwood, even though aesthetically speaking I'd rather wear Margiela.
                    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• beardown
                      rekoner
                      • Feb 2009

Check out my new kicks, bro! Top neoprene part unzips to double as a bottle coozy!
                      Originally posted by mizzar
                      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Avantster
                        ¤¤¤
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dolochov View Post
                        I don't quite think so. My point doesn't necessarily have to do with the actual designers discussed in this thread before, but I don't think that bankruptcy in fashion business can be compared to bankruptcy in "normal" economy, which can have postive, stimulating and correcting effects.

Because in fashion, genius does not necessarily come along with gain. History shows us that many of the most talented artists were poor for the most part of their life because their work began to be appreciated not until they were dead. Examples like that show that our capitalistic system may be good at rewarding productivity and economically reasonable actions, but creativity and artistic talent are qualities which can hardly be rated or included in a business plan.

If the work of a designer suffers from financial problems or if he even isn't able to produce his visions it could be another talent that didn't have the possibility to prove his genius and I don't think that this is something we should be happy about.
                        Excellent post, only on SZ would you find something like this on a thread titled WTF.
                        let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• ES3K
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                          How does MMM/Maison Marc by Marc sound to everyone??
                          Speaking of WTF, and Marc...

Comment

• almroth
                            • Jul 2008

how adoreable..........

Comment

• mass
                              • Sep 2006

yo these are growing on me

Comment

• galia
                                • Jun 2009