• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
    theaddict is an internetional sensasian.
    ZING!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

That made me raf out loud.
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

I hesitate to make public any links but I stumbled onto an online cache of fake rick goods (including some odd interpretations of pants and a really questionable super drapey top) while looking for a bootleg copy of a movie that's never been released on DVD.

It's the site where most people were buying the fake RO sneakers if that helps any. The stuff is horrible.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

man, if they would pay me for the copyrights i would be rich....
          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

he's the first full fledged icon to emerge from the post-zeitgeist era...when all is said and done this place is going to be remembered as a breeding ground for legends!
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Actually, the entire The Corner pricing. About 30% above retail US prices. What the fuck?

/\ or you can buy Rick's kicks and keep a grand.

But, the real winner is.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Actually, the entire The Corner pricing. About 30% above retail US prices. What the fuck?

/\ or you can buy Rick's kicks and keep a grand.

But, the real winner is.
                Supernova WTF. I was looking at this stuff yesterday, and was cosmically flabbergasted by the pricing.
                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

You have every right to be, the pricing is 3 times Japanese retail.
                  let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• dndy1840
                    • Sep 2008

Yoox model isn't very profitable, if not at all.
                    They're trying to compensate this by TheCorner being so called "Avant-Garde" () and all about huuuge margins. That's all.

On a general note, as long as some people are ready to pay, I don't really see what's wrong with that.

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

The Corner started as a discount sort of thing, didn't it? I remember they were first stocking everything at like sub-current retail prices.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• dndy1840
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                        The Corner started as a discount sort of thing, didn't it? I remember they were first stocking everything at like sub-current retail prices.
                        Are you sure ? I think I remember ads presenting it as the high-end "corner" of Yoox, stocking current season collections.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dndy1840 View Post
                          Yoox model isn't very profitable, if not at all.
                          They're trying to compensate this by TheCorner being so called "Avant-Garde" () and all about huuuge margins. That's all.

On a general note, as long as some people are ready to pay, I don't really see what's wrong with that.
                          What makes you say that? Last time I read an article about them, it seemed profitable. Do you have a source, or just speculating?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dndy1840
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            What makes you say that? Last time I read an article about them, it seemed profitable. Do you have a source, or just speculating?
                            No, no precise source that can be trusted. I read here (on SZ somewhere) and there that it wasn't such a "golden" business, and I added a bit of my own speculation.

They seem to have gigantic stocks in Europe and NY, and a good amount of money must be precisely in those stocks, which they are consistently eager to shrink (see multiple sample sales and deep discounts).
                            They also changed their shipping fees policy, as they must have lost quite a few bucks with their "almost-always-free-shipping-no-matter-how-much-the amount-of-the-order-is" one they had until a year and a half ago.
                            They have also stopped hiring new employees : there was a lot of jobs and internships offers last year and now almost nothing. This is quite a symptom imo.
                            Plus, Yoox is now a group running the webstores of many stores : they are selling their structure and expertise instead of goods...

But I have to say I would be very interested in seeing their actual financial results, and all this in only pure speculation. I might be deeply wrong...

EDIT : and also the amount of their annual contract with UPS

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

LOL I wish the corner carried Yohji Yamamoto.
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎