X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dndy1840
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
    LOL I wish the corner carried Yohji Yamamoto.
    3000+ boxers

Actually, Faust, I am not really clear. I was mainly talking about Yoox.com - the website which sells old collections clothes - in itself, and not the group, which may do quite well. Indeed, being paid to run webstores isn't risky and must be quite profitable - as Yoox probably earns some kind of consulting fees in the end - since they have the knowledge and people to operate them (Marni, Jil Sander, D&G ...)

But The Corner's policy is beyond understanding (at least mine) : with the quantities they buy and their financial power, plus their low fixed costs, they should be able to get good deals from their suppliers (fashion houses mainly), and offer slightly better prices than the competition (smaller websites and brick-and-mortar stores). Everybody would buy from them then. Instead, they seem to focus on mere profit (blah, it's bad)

Comment

• quiet noise
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

this might not really fall under "designers and their work" and i dont want to come of as an arrogant prick but i have always been fascinated by those stereotypical SuFus who spend 1000dollars on an outfit and still manage to look like a russian truck driver:

now, i dont know what brands this guy in particular is wearing but you see a lot of people who pretty much pull of the very same look in all dior homme.

Comment

• ES3K
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        What makes you say that? Last time I read an article about them, it seemed profitable. Do you have a source, or just speculating?
        Officially they are profitable, but I've heard some other rumours as well. Problem is their giant stock and its estimated value VS their credit lines. On paper it may look fine, but if I look at their merchandise, 95% is crap, dead stock.

Comment

• huckleberry
          • Jul 2009

I remember a couple of seasons ago they were much cheaper than competitors in the UK. The Raf knit I own was £360 at browns and £280 at the corner with free shipping. It seems now however theyve decided they can jack their prices up beyond reason. I would imagine its due to struggling financially as at the end of each season they are normally left with a tonne of stock that they sell off for extreme discount and free shipping.

Comment

• STEALTH
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
            this might not really fall under "designers and their work" and i dont want to come of as an arrogant prick but i have always been fascinated by those stereotypical SuFus who spend 1000dollars on an outfit and still manage to look like a russian truck driver:

now, i dont know what brands this guy in particular is wearing but you see a lot of people who pretty much pull of the very same look in all dior homme.
            So glad Lou Reed has cut off that terrible curly hair
            https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

As opposed to someone who spends a similar amount of money on a different outfit and gets labeled a fashion victim/shallow/poser by his peers? I don't see what you're trying to get at here, this is completely different to a Dior Homme look, it's a classic perfecto leather that fits rather well. Choice of footwear may not be the best but let's face it, what you wear probably looks just as strange to him.
              let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Should go well with the LV trash bags.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Thanks for your input on YOOX, guys.

Quite_noise, while I understand your frustration, I'm with Avantster on this - live and let live.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

omfg where is that from lol

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I don't know if this was a hoax or real, but I think it's the most excellent representation of brand dilution and logo obsession and the need to get rid of it all.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Kind of interesting story/cause/whatever there. But, yeah ...
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• martin
                          • Jul 2008

Found this pic on some blog, dont know who made them.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by STEALTH View Post
                            So glad Lou Reed has cut off that terrible curly hair

hahahahahahaha, I literally started laughing in front of my computer.
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

I don't know if this was a hoax or real, but I think it's the most excellent representation of brand dilution and logo obsession and the need to get rid of it all.
                              I posted it with other LV paraphernalia. I think it isn't real but you can never be too sure with Burberry.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Alesha
                                • Apr 2009

Someone who read you might think Russian truck drivers have minimal passion for fashion. Sorry dude, but average russian truck driver looks something like this:

Hmmmm are there any fantastic pictures of theaddict dressed as russian truck driver on a chinese website?
                                Originally posted by interest1
                                I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎