Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicelynice
    • Oct 2009

I do my banking through a Japanese bank, with a Japanese issued credit card, and in the past have had a valid Japanese address. With this, I've used my Y!auctions account for about four years with no problems - a good collection of my wardrobe comes from Y!auctions, actually.

A couple months ago, I was straight up banned, with no explanation at all. My account was put on hold, and all my feedback deleted. After finally getting through to a layer of tech support that could handle my issue, I was told that "Yahoo auctions is for Japanese nationals only." If I was willing to fax them a copy of my Japanese passport, I could have my account reinstated - they had banned the account simply because it was under a foreign name. 100% positive feedback, over 50 transactions, and that was it.

And like people have mentioned before, a lot of the sellers on there are brutal. I've been strung along for weeks on an item I really want because the seller will pull at the last second, and relist it. Complaints about this type of behavior went unanswered. I'm glad Yahoo has their priorities straight

Comment

• seenmy
      • May 2009

must say i havent had any problems myself,although have noticed the odd practice where item seem to be able to be removed seemingly minutes before the auction end,Im checking twice a day atm hoping for a 48 fencing to appear

Comment

• ironman
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Who? View Post
        Woah, didn't know this could be done. Is this a service offered by Hide?
        considering many of you use his service so often, you probably just have to ask! my personal experience was with SutoCorp. i had sold my Jil Sander FW08 marble bag as the marble items seem to be more popular with the Japanese market

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
        must say i havent had any problems myself,although have noticed the odd practice where item seem to be able to be removed seemingly minutes before the auction end,Im checking twice a day atm hoping for a 48 fencing to appear
        well, you have to remember eBay sellers do this too. they pull the listing at the last minute. "end listing early -> error in listing / no longer available / etc." happened this past week with a Dior Homme FW'01 leather on eBay

Comment

• jogu
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by CDG Diffusion Line View Post
          edit: i've never had problems with y!j either. then again, im a cdg diffusion line. who the fuck would want to rip me off.
          lulz , thats crackin me up

Comment

• jost
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by merz
            i'm curious, where does this kind of attitude come from and why? there is a very negative reaction from japanese nationals towards proxies, as though they're betraying some national security secrets to the enemy.
            Their dealing with foreign companies and customers is strange in every way. and definetly not the good kind of strange. i always wonder why the hell there are so many "japan exlusive" goods out there. take a look at anything, fashion, music, movies, japan seems to always wanna have more than the rest of the world and they somehow found a way to get what they want. and apparently they also don't want to let go of these things to foreigners once they got them.
            take music: in n-america / europe you have to pay more for a special edition that includes a live version of an already released song. japan gets a version containing 5 unreleased songs for the same price as our normal album price. fuck em and the companies that play to their game!

Comment

• humancrack
              • Feb 2008

i'm hoping this doesnt happen to me again. recently won an item that should have gone for way more.

ive won an item before where the seller relisted right after i won. complaint was filed, but nothing was done.

gg

Comment

• move_ment
                • Feb 2009

another for the archives :-/

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
                  another for the archives :-/

the guy on the far right , i cant remember his fuckin name, is fuckin destroyin that balenciaga coat. looks terrible on him specially how hes poppin the collars

Comment

• diamonds
                    • Dec 2006

i wonder what retarded stylist though the black eyed peas could pull of f this shit

Comment

• croatoan
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by jost View Post
                      take music: in n-america / europe you have to pay more for a special edition that includes a live version of an already released song. japan gets a version containing 5 unreleased songs for the same price as our normal album price. fuck em and the companies that play to their game!
                      Japanese releases are nowhere near normal album prices here. While CDs here average probably around $15, domestic CDs in Japan begin at 2,400yen. Even completely obscure minor bands that, in the US, would be selling their CDs for $10 at their show, are priced the same as any other major artist.

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
                        i wonder what retarded stylist though the black eyed peas could pull of f this shit
                        yeh didnt see how anyone could bastardize that balenciaga coat till i saw that pic

Comment

• BeauIXI
                          • Nov 2008

Black Eyed Peas leave a bad taste in the mouth. Gugh.
                          Originally posted by philip nod
                          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

ohh snap. I was just contacted by this sick ass clothing company with an offer to promote their jawns for free.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• btbam
                              • Nov 2008

hmmm...
                              Never End, Australia.
                              http://www.neverend.com.au
                              General Contact: Info@neverend.com.au
                              Urgent contact: Joseph@neverend.com.au
                              Phone: +61 421 406 272

Comment

• editevening