X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seenmy
    • May 2009

Originally posted by jost View Post
    Their dealing with foreign companies and customers is strange in every way. and definetly not the good kind of strange. i always wonder why the hell there are so many "japan exlusive" goods out there. take a look at anything, fashion, music, movies, japan seems to always wanna have more than the rest of the world and they somehow found a way to get what they want. and apparently they also don't want to let go of these things to foreigners once they got them.
    take music: in n-america / europe you have to pay more for a special edition that includes a live version of an already released song. japan gets a version containing 5 unreleased songs for the same price as our normal album price. fuck em and the companies that play to their game!
    Most of the japan 'exclusives' can be put down to different license arrangements alot of brands produce under license there so really its not even anything to do with the company other than the brand name, I wouldnt be surprised if this was the same for music labels as well,the other factor for japan getting exclusive stuff is their sheer buying power if they are making a bigger buy than anywhere else its not surprising they can get exclusives on products etc

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

the buying power is definitely a major factor, probably in clothing as well as the market for these niche brands is so large there.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• actually, cd exclusives started cause cd's are much more expensive there, and to keep japanese people buying japanese releases, they add extra stuff to their releases.

Comment

• TRSltd
          • Feb 2009

Margiela (??) 12 line
          i think it's not necessary to comment...

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Line 11. What's wrong with this? I want the nail ring, actually.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mononon
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Line 11. What's wrong with this? I want the nail ring, actually.
              yeah, i like the accessories. the watch is a bit WTF though i think.
              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

i kinda like some of those, the watch im with u is kinda wots the pt. i bought that metal hospital bracelet a few mos ago but only wore it like twice cos it kinda hurts my wrists sometimes

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                  [URL="http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx
                  %7CCallType=Product&prodId=0EK3&des=&cat=111&gender=women&group=
                  accessories&vendorColor=VU5JQ08=&season=blahblahblah[/URL]
                  I think on the right girl, this is going to be quite magical...
                  Mind you, the price is WTF.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• jogu
                    • Jun 2009

hmmm idk i could actually imagine quite a few people pullin that headpiece off , guys or girls. id wear it if it were given to me but idk if its worth almost 700 for 2 feathers

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                      I think on the right girl, this is going to be quite magical...
                      Mind you, the price is WTF.
                      I don't know, looks pretty WTF to me.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Stack
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        I don't know, looks pretty WTF to me.
                        Kid Icarus steez
                        once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• Catfood
                          • Oct 2008

Some of the more complicated feather headdresses she did where nicer than that one, but even more expensive. Most of them do look a little like crafts projects as they are made of of feathers, tape and wire. Could make one that is exactly the same for around 20$ or so relatively easily.

I guess people are willing to pay for them because they are showpieces and have been in quite a few editorials this season, more for the collector than anything else.

Comment

• Catfood
                            • Oct 2008

DIY guide for the headdress

Comment

• YoungM
                              • Nov 2008

Placed in the WTF thread to not so much because it's awful (Brad is quite fantastic) but to avoid the more intelligient and mature members in the designers own threads.

And, I might be wrong.

Pitt in Poell, Guidi, and MA+? Lolz.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎