• Mar 2009

Cover's blown.
    Time to find a new aesthetic.

New wave-Samurai?

Comment

• mononon
      • Sep 2009

OMG that time.com goth ninja piece is

but lots of people are bidding on those super fake rick pieces...do they think they are real or what???
      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• ironman
        • Apr 2008

sometimes i feel people are so blind by their desire that they just bid/buy it (fake rick owens, fake dior homme, fake lanvin sneakers, etc.)

it's not even the low prices that should deter people, as i've gotten many things for incredibly cheap. i feel that almost all of these fakes floating around are easily distinguishable from the real thing upon first glance

but lol that time.com piece is perfectly wtf: "some sort of bizarre headwear..."

Comment

• mononon
          • Sep 2009

yeah, but those fake lanvins...etc. at least resemble the authentic version. these fake RO's aren't even trying to look real. it's like one of those random HARE brands and they just slap rick owens on it
          calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• ironman
            • Apr 2008

well it is probably easier to tell the difference when you own the real thing, as i can easily spot fake Lanvin sneakers and Dior Homme items that i see on eBay

i can't remember off the top of my head what fake RO looks like (if we are not talking about his hi-tops). what is the giveaway? the texture of the leather?

for the Lanvin sneakers, it's usually shape and texture; and for DH items it's usually the tags and shape

Comment

• mononon
              • Sep 2009

well, what i am trying to say is that the fake Lanvin's and Dior's at least resemble the real ones. even though you and i can tell the difference, many people cannot, or some people choose to buy the fake since they are way cheaper and look close enough alike, since they only care about the label and not so much the quality.

the fake rick owen's i am talking about are the tons on ebay that look like a random ski coat and are still getting many bids. they aren't even trying to look like a real RO! they aren't leather either. just search rick owens and take a look for yourself, its ridiculous!

Comment

• ironman
                • Apr 2008

i assume you're talking about this one lol

i've personally never seen the item before either, maybe someone on here has lol. do you think he just sewed a Joyce tag on it (it's a store in Hong Kong) to make it seem legit?

Comment

• mononon
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by merkuri View Post
                  same seller has a bunch of alleged "rick"

http://global.ebay.com/RICK_OWENS_Me...417577615/item
                  i am talking about these!

edit: joyce sews the tags onto their store that goes on sales/outlet. i actually do think that one is authentic, probably from the first season of men 2006, since i saw a similar one in person and looks "somewhat" similar.

Comment

• Chim
                    • Dec 2006

no way thats real rick, it even has the de facto korean photoshoot style that they do with all their copied pieces

Comment

• croatoan
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mononon View Post
                      the fake rick owen's i am talking about are the tons on ebay that look like a random ski coat and are still getting many bids. they aren't even trying to look like a real RO! they aren't leather either. just search rick owens and take a look for yourself, its ridiculous!
                      I am seeing tons of that in Seoul. Especially Japanese brands; just cheap copies of the brand tags slapped on anything.

And the photo shoots are funny. Just stepping outside the apartment where I'm staying at now, I can see five or so photo shoots going on within a five minute walk. It is especially ridiculous to stand on a two-way crossing and see photo shoots happening on each of the four corners.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                        i assume you're talking about this one lol

i've personally never seen the item before either, maybe someone on here has lol. do you think he just sewed a Joyce tag on it (it's a store in Hong Kong) to make it seem legit?
                        The funny thing is that I have a similar jacket by Rick. So it might be real, haha. Although I doubt it.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mononon
                          • Sep 2009

^ i actually believe it's real from the pics. it's just not a nice looking one. from the 1st mens season, there are a few variations of the leather i believe.

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

At a friend's place earlier today, I picked up a copy of 'Details' magazine with John Mayer on the cover. (Conveniently, I was in the bathroom so it somehow seemed appropriate to find it in there) and in the interview, there was a comment from his assistant about how he buys a lot of Rick Owens clothing but leaves the tags on.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean...the context of it was how he compulsively buys fashion (they also used the LV/Murakami handbag as an example of his clothing purchases).

But as soon as I saw the cover, I knew there would be some kind of mention of Rick in the interview.
                            Could feel it in my bones, lo and behold...there it was.
                            Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I hope your friend did not have toilet paper and you used that Details accordingly.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mononon
                                • Sep 2009

^^LOL. but what does he mean that he keeps the tags on??

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎