Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christianef
    • Feb 2009

most crazy homeless crystal meth addicts could pass for models and vice versa. look at Jamie Bochert in the new ann. brother sharp would be a good name for a menswear store, though aha

Comment

• pierce
      Banned
      • Aug 2009

I think there is always an obsession in culture with people living on the edge or in this case off the cliff entirely. Its not all that glamourous in real life.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by pierce View Post
        I think there is always an obsession in culture with people living on the edge or in this case off the cliff entirely. Its not all that glamourous in real life.
        OMG, really? Who could've thought?!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

My top pick for WTF to end all WTFs.

Nothing reveals how embarrassingly hollow the attention span of modern society has gotten than this example.

Some fool snaps a picture of a mentally disturbed homeless man in China and posts it to the internet, turning him into an international overnight sensation–a fashion icon to make Lorne Michaels jealous. Hipster groupies call him 'Brother Sharp'. Best part: he's got his own Facebook profile and probably gets more hits than SZ, LOL..

If you skipped the article that catfood initially posted, do yourself a favor and read it here: RIDONKULOUS

Facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/brothersharp

2nd best quote from the article: One particularly striking picture juxtaposes Brother Sharp's with a model showing the latest Dolce & Gabbana collection. "Look at him wrinkle his brow... nothing needs to be said... sexy..."

First place goes to this one: Two years ago the supermodel Erin Wasson revealed the homeless were her fashion inspiration, saying: "When I... see the homeless, like, I'm like, 'Oh my God, they're pulling out, like, crazy looks and they, like, pull shit out of like garbage cans."' Someone call Mensa.

Seriously thought this was a spoof piece pulled from The Onion. Equal parts deplorable & comical.

Proof that truth is stranger than fiction. And way more entertaining.

Last edited by interest1; 03-07-2010, 08:59 AM. Reason: lowrey brought me a stronger flashlight.
          sain't

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
            Nothing illustrates just how bottomless fashion's depths of absurdity truly run better than this example.
            more like how ridicilously inane and tragicomic the modern (e-)society is
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

/\

Well said. Your placement of blame is more accurate than mine.
              I was struggling w/the wording on that one. Edit to follow.
              sain't

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

all of the posts on the facebook page are deliberately ironic and pretty damn funny. could it be that a credulous newspaperperson misread the makings of an internet meme?
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

not saying they're not funny. I LOL'd. But when The Huffington Post mentions it, the point I was making with what becomes 'newsworthy' in our society today is only underscored. Tragicomic, as lowrey said.
                  sain't

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                    • May 2008

guess the picture says it all

Comment

• Sombre
                      • Jan 2009

MMM Incognitos and RO hightops are WTF on almost everyone who wears them.
                      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• mononon
                        • Sep 2009

jay z and john mayer are pretty bad, but i fucking hate chris brown
                        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

Although he is the fella ella ella ella ,who thought it ok to give his missus a clap,and is a dick.The fit is ok.
                          If some one on here posted that outfit,people would think its a great casual fit.
                          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                            • Jan 2008

UC Fail

as a bonus seller fail, note how the seller ripped off two of the latest season photos of Jun's wife, trying to insinuate that these jeans are somehow the same ones...
                            I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                              Although he is the fella ella ella ella ,who thought it ok to give his missus a clap,and is a dick.The fit is ok.
                              If some one on here posted that outfit,people would think its a great casual fit.
                              I like it... RO (men) is three things in my mind:

-Dirty/Street/sportswear
                              -Architecture/Geometry
                              -Rockstar with a peppering of camp

I'm fine with people pickup up on just one of these from time to time. I only do the rockstar w. camp myself so can't throw the first stone.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

the white guy's expression in the background is priceless. ('WTF,yo!")
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎