Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Makes sense to me. He's always been well known for his unusual textiles - why wouldn't (or shouldn't) he design some for another object that uses textiles other than clothing? It's hardly a "hype" item like perfume or something else and strollers seems like something that a mother out there would really appreciate being more considered in its design both aesthetically and functionally.
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

i think they're pretty fun!

Comment

• baizilla
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        /\ Word. Baizilla, can't you knock on his door or something? Straighten him out - you've got military muscle now.
        He he, but actually he is a quite nice guy, and he is atleast 6' 7" or something and I'm like 5' 10"

I'll have to drop by the store today to see what's up with those things...

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
          Makes sense to me. He's always been well known for his unusual textiles - why wouldn't (or shouldn't) he design some for another object that uses textiles other than clothing? It's hardly a "hype" item like perfume or something else and strollers seems like something that a mother out there would really appreciate being more considered in its design both aesthetically and functionally.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I suppose if we're communicating with smiley faces rather than words then:

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Hhmmmmm....

Can't say I don't like it though, seeing as I was never able to find (afford) one of the nail rings from Poell.
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Yea, I actually have no problem with it, and I too think it matches his aesthetic. I think there's a lot of similarities with MMM and CCP.
                    I just thought it was funny. :)
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                      that kind of jewelry it more a margiela signature imo than poell, so I wouldn't care if he does the same ring, the maison it's being playing with that idea for ages.

about HVibskov, I really don't see it as a wtf, if the thing isn't like 50% mark up is good for me. Why a designer can't design objects outside his main body of work? I don't consider a designer an artist, so for me it's really a coherent move. as Servo said, fabrics are HV's signature, and his colorful aesthetic suits the job...

he is a supernice guy and ridicously tall!
                      Right, only that's usually not the case (not counting mass collabs)
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

yeah, MMM would be the only design house that I wouldn't be surprised having a nail-based set of designs. He's done bent keys etc so nails were a very easy next step. That being said, the silver plated nail bracelet is super weak hahahaha
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Silver
                          • Sep 2008

New Pringle/Comme collaboration............
                          http://research-development.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                            CDG has done some nice collaborations, this is not one of them.
                            I have yet to see one that isn't some ugly bastardization/retarded rehash (see Lacoste collab.) that is beyond worthless.
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Sophi Marie
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by justine View Post
                              Fashion WTFs ...

American Apparel short sleeve scrimmage shirt:

I will not let any of my brother to wear this shirt.
                              Womens Designer Shoes

Comment

• Servo2000
                                • Oct 2006

In all fairness it is a scrimmage shirt - I don't think they really expect anyone is going to be wearing it around in normal situations.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎