WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by recherché View Post
    haha, you knooooow you have drank the potion for too long when you start dreaming up new lines for designers.
    haha, I know... but I've been outof work for 6 months, and I don't have a life. hmm. that line was gorgeous though.

fadetoblack: have you seen her in the single ladies video? That's pretty hot.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Her editorial in Elle this month actually isn't bad at all. She's wearing another Pugh design; The eel leather jacket with the white/black legging pant things which look like they have fins on the hips.

Also, I think the toned down hair and make up look good in conjunction with that outfit, otherwise I think it would be too busy.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post

fadetoblack: have you seen her in the single ladies video? That's pretty hot.
        my fav. Beyonce moment is "Crazy in Love" video right when she's about to kick into the first verse and goes from standing up to crouching down with her legs crossed and then moves em again in several poses. That scene is brilliant and beautiful.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• recherché
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
          my fav. Beyonce moment is "Crazy in Love" video right when she's about to kick into the first verse and goes from standing up to crouching down with her legs crossed and then moves em again in several poses. That scene is brilliant and beautiful.

the one dancer in her single ladies' video is a dude. It's sorta obvious?

Speaking of single ladies though, something that definitely deserves to be in this thread, is the skinny dude doing the singles ladies dance.

i think this dance is meant for the bootylicious only.....
          I have the death sentence on twelve systems.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

i didnt even see the Single Ladies video. i was about to , saw it was in black and white then turned it off. I need my Beyonce fix in color.

"Bootylicious" is another great video.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• recherché
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
              i didnt even see the Single Ladies video. i was about to , saw it was in black and white then turned it off. I need my Beyonce fix in color.

"Bootylicious" is another great video.

oh you should really give it another chance, if only for the mugler glove little cameo at the end.
              I have the death sentence on twelve systems.

Comment

• Brother Stasi
                • Feb 2008

OMG Beyonce wears Pugh?!?! That is... just wrong. For me there is only one celebrity who can pull pugh off... Ashlee Simpson!

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by recherché View Post
                  oh you should really give it another chance, if only for the mugler glove little cameo at the end.
                  Mugler's been a designer that I've always been pretty interested in from what images of his work I've seen in mere passing - is there any websites that have a decent archive of his work?

Also - I want that glove.
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Originally posted by recherché View Post
                    the one dancer in her single ladies' video is a dude. It's sorta obvious?

Speaking of single ladies though, something that definitely deserves to be in this thread, is the skinny dude doing the singles ladies dance.

i think this dance is meant for the bootylicious only.....
                    I really believed the rumour too, but it's just a rumour unfortunately. I would've loved her to be a dude. her jawline confuses people.

those body suits with hipwings are margiela-fierce

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                      Admittedly, this is not her best look, and she's certainly taken her style in an unexpected direction.

That being said, WOW. "she is going to ruin it with her pedestrian hair and make-up"?? This board needs an attitude adjustment. The disdain towards celebrities or people whose style is supposedly not pure or edgy enough to wear certain designs or designers is ridiculous, and the sense of superiority that many on this board feel is absolutely repugnant. It is a dress. I'd rather say that this dress doesn't do her justice than that she doesn't do the dress justice. There are no rules or limitations as to who can wear what, and who are you to say that she shouldn't wear hoop earrings with it? She's experimenting with her style, and whatever her motivations are, this is a direction she's trying. Who fucking cares? I couldn't give less of a shit if someone wears a Rick Owens leather jacket with a Juicy Couture dress or if Beyonce wears hoops earrings with a Gareth Pugh dress.

That being said, despite the fact that I think the look is unsuccessful, I find the mixture of edgier more avant garde fashions with hip hop styles a really interesting emerging trend, and one that I think we would all do well to follow.
                      i could not agree more. thank you, Mona.
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Neither could I.

The use of the word "bitch" to describe mildly unliked female, not uncommon here, is also pretty unhealthy.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Neither could I.

The use of the word "bitch" to describe mildly unliked female, not uncommon here, is also pretty unhealthy.
                          glad to know i'm not the only one who thinks so...i thought maybe i was oversensitive.
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

apparently you don't mind baby's misogynist talk. why the double standard, laika?

As for the rest of you, stop talking about celebrities, period. This is beginning to look like tFS. Recherche, I know you are knew, but read the manifesto on the front page. I don't need this "celebrity bitch doesn't know how to dress" shit here. Shape up.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              apparently you don't mind baby's misogynist talk. why the double standard, laika?

Of course I've called out baby/vadl when i thought his posts were inappropriate--cf., most recently, the crotchet bodysuit shenanigans. He had the grace to apologize.

In general, I'm not bothered by "offensive" words when they are used with irony or in the context of (self-deprecating) humour. When they are loaded with hatred and aggression, on the other hand, i find them repugnant and alienating.
                              I hope you understand.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Don't get me wrong - I hate that kind of talk myself, but when we had this talk the last time, it seemed like you and kira said that you don't really mind and you don't want me to crack down on Chris and Baby, so I haven't on anyone else.

Also, MonaDahl, please have the grace to disassociate a couple of losers from the rest of the board. Most members here speak about women with respect.

And rechere/ricklover, this is your last warning.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎