Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • croatoan
    • Jul 2007

I'm not sure if I would consider that a knock-off...

Comment

• larssss
      • Jun 2008

oh my

Comment

• Monty76
        • Sep 2006

Is that Lenny Kravitz?!? He is too butch to pull off those wedges... the rest works though.

Comment

• what do you mean too butch? they're pretty shoes, they're in proportion with the rest of his body. they're not meant as something feminising. they're simply adding drama and tension.

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

He does look awkward in them though. I think some men can wear them and make them look great and some can wear them and it's awkward as Hell.

I've more of an issue with the leather pants and leather boots. It's one step away from a full leather tuxedo and there's not enough contrast between the boots/pants. Add the leather sling bag and he starts to look like a futuristic astronaut.

I'd just like to see some more contrast between textures here. And if he's going to wear the boots, at least become comfortable in them. He looks as if he's stumbling around like a new-born calf.
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ agreed on all accounts. but i tell you - even the models in the show were awkward in them, perhaps because they were required to walk fast, but you could see that this is unnatural and restricts their movement. i don't think these boot add drama and tension. awkwardness, yes.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• if you have tried high heels, you could never say that these are akward. they're very comfortable and easy to walk in. you barely need to know how to walk in heels.

Comment

• syed
                  • Sep 2010

Call me crazy, but if they were suede and he was rocking them with knitted, drop crotch leggings, I think the look would be pretty fierce.
                  "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• BUMMER
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by larssss View Post

oh my
                    Reposted for new page..
                    I agree he looks a bit too much like a superhero/astronaut. But he doesn't seem uncomfortable or unstable. He actually looks like he's ready for action!
                    But the problem for me is how top-heavy he looks. Both his head and his shoulders seem to dwarf his feet. That and the unresolved conflict between 'tough guy' up top and 'elegant guy' down below. Something that flowed a bit more from his shoulders through his waist and over his knees might have made all the difference for me.
                    When viewed from top to bottom, the leather pants peeking out throw the look back into 'rock n' roll/macho' territory. Which should be fine since Lenny is a rocker after all.. But for the look I would prefer he follow through with a longer even drapier top. More elegance/softness (the bag would still be welcome here) going through the legs and then we'd see the top of the boot then the wedges and voila'!
                    Allow me to also add that it's about confidence after all, right? For a guy who is brave enough for the wedges, he should be comfortable enough with his short cropped hair and his relatively new set of strongman muscles to not need the leather pants to confirm his gender.
                    Block out the leather pants at the knees with your fingers and you'll see what I mean.. It actually brings the focus back to his face.
                    I give him a lot of credit for trying though.
                    Hope he sees this, takes my advice and tries it out..!!
                    Last edited by BUMMER; 09-24-2010, 05:34 PM. Reason: add a smiley

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                      if you have tried high heels, you could never say that these are akward. they're very comfortable and easy to walk in. you barely need to know how to walk in heels.
                      alas, i haven't
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fivezero
                        • Nov 2008

Looks like the Kravitz photo hit the mainstream. Calls the boots "Lady Gaga-inspired wedge-heeled boots."

Comment

• Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          alas, i haven't
                          on a second thought, unless they're not perfectly fitted, too big, they could be a bit wobbly. but still not as bad as other heeled shoes.

Comment

• jogu
                            • Jun 2009

ew man i dont like that fit at all on him , somethins not workin and im not quite sure what it is that i dislike .
                            i think maybe its just too fuckin much , like them wedges are already a standout piece , but then to pair it with leather trousers ? and then a drapey kinda top also ? nahhhhhh . me i like elegant and i think shit looks good when theres moderation and this fit on lenny is too much shit all at once . like he just went clothes shoppin and wanted to wear everything he bought

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

i think someone like Heirloom would look a lot more natural in that getup.

In my mind lenny kravitz fits more ideally somewhere in between that and Bruce Springsteen 2010.
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎