Comment

• Dropt
      • May 2009

He better sticks with the photography.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

always knew Lazzari had a pretty wtf-esque line up (PRPS or RL jeans next to CCP and Uggs next to LUC), but this time they exceeded all expectations.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

^ during his visit to the old country, mike stops dead in his tracks when leaving the lazzari store - he's spied some printed bbc shirts. perfect for a beach situation.

...italians... for everything but food, they always seem to sort of mess up a good thing with some extra cheese. it took me a while in milan to accept that antonioli's local customer is happy to mix lanvin, dsquared and demeulemeester indiscriminately.
          Last edited by Shucks; 11-27-2010, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• hurricane08
            • Nov 2008

when i was last time in antonioli ,dg and dsq were hidden in the drawers.I thought that they had stopped selling them ,but i saw them there when the assistant was searching to find the silent tees .

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

its is just so italian best and the worst aspects together... leaving you kinda blank + & - ?

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post

...italians... for everything but food, they always seem to sort of mess up a good thing with some extra cheese.
                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

mozzarella is fake cheese :(

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                    what he is trying to say that for every culture there is a counter-culture. For every Dolce and Gabbana you will get someone who wants to do something opposite, because they cannot be surrounded by such utter shit. Where do you think all this amazing Russian literature comes from, paradise on earth?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      what he is trying to say that for every culture there is a counter-culture. For every Dolce and Gabbana you will get someone who wants to do something opposite, because they cannot be surrounded by such utter shit. Where do you think all this amazing Russian literature comes from, paradise on earth?
                      Most amazing causal shortcut ever.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

:) literary criticism is my forte!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

I totally agree with that statement. That is why, if we want good art, we should also want less freedom (which is terrible)

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

so best of the best for art is nazi period and contemporary north korea ?
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

spot on!

Comment

• syed
                                • Sep 2010

^ The best art comes out of restriction rather than unlimited freedom, even if it is usually out of an attempt to break free from restriction.

Art students know that when they are given total free reign to do a project on any subject they want, they usually struggle. Having a set of rules, even if they are self-imposed, usually helps creativity - of course once confident you can throw away the rules, but as a starting point they are good. The less you have to work with, the more creative you tend to get. Of course ideally given the world to work with we ought to create even more beautiful things, but that tends to lead to a sensory overload so we don't even know where to begin.

I think the idea that artists work best when under outside, or indeed internal, pressures (when there is less freedom as galia puts it) is definitely true, and it is of course also a rather standardized view of things. We all know the myth of the struggling artist and the troubled genius as examples of more internal restrictions.

Art produced in reaction is usually more fascinating because it has such a strong emotion behind it, but also because of the strong rupture and ostensible disconnect from its context and what went before. Counter culture always needs culture to react to - as obvious as that sounds - and it means you need the bad to get and appreciate (even more) the good.
                                "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎