X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
    ^ what, as in real anaconda? I thought it was just the texture. Seems like you would have to be a real man to wear that then.
    Nope! The real deal. I'm actually listing the derby version of these in just a little bit. The luster and texture of the anaconda that Altieri used is really amazing.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• BeauIXI
      • Nov 2008

The phallus that is Kanye has officially erupted onto the internet fashion scene.

A forum community dedicated to Kanye West fans and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about collections, videos, tours, styles, music, reviews, fashion, other hip hop artists, classifieds, and more!
      Originally posted by philip nod
      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• TarHeart
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
        Hey, I don't wear Balmain and I don't really care for the front pockets on those pants but there is nothing wrong with silver leather pants. The general cut of those seem to be nice.
        Yes, you are right. I can remember Demeulemeester doing silver leather trousers, and I can also remember thinking it was pretty nice, somehow. A little extravagant, but nice. Seing Balmain making silver leather trousers makes my stomach turn inside-out. It's all about context.

Comment

• you mean brand. you have full ability to put it into a new context.

Comment

• BeauIXI
            • Nov 2008

^A valid point, Heirloom.

I have found that if you want to channel Oberon, however, Ann is a better bet than Balmain or Raf by Raf.

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

To be honest i saw the leather on a different style of carpe shoes and really its a hard thing to pull off; snake skin no matter if its footwear, pants shirt bag etc on both sexes. But these are really brilliant its kinda tongue in cheek i think but its subtle and it works.
              Shows altieri did it before augusta, even this weekend in L'e i saw a pair of rubber dipped carpe's

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
                Yes, you are right. I can remember Demeulemeester doing silver leather trousers, and I can also remember thinking it was pretty nice, somehow. A little extravagant, but nice. Seing Balmain making silver leather trousers makes my stomach turn inside-out. It's all about context.
                Yes, the sliver leather trousers were from FW 2006 and they were (are) amazing. They are on my list of "want to buy" pieces. I have a cap from that season in the silver leather and it's fantastic.

I also think the world could use a few more people like Iggy Pop.
                THE HOUSE OF DIS
                embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

Now that I think about it, there are quite a few people who look like Iggy Pop that I have encountered in my lifetime. They were always super gross and they would always hit on me in the most grotesque fashion. So I think we don't need more people similar to Iggy Pop, we just need more Iggy Pop.

Comment

• Shucks
                    • Aug 2010

i'm all for more iggy, but if you're not him, then maybe you may want to wear something else... or at least consider the context you're in.

(not sure these are leather, but i've seen him in silver leather jackets etc... can't decide whether i actually think james is a pretty cool dude, or not...)

Comment

• syed
                      • Sep 2010

Just about anything can work in the right context, or on the right person. I can picture silver leather jeans working well on some Dr Martens and a frayed mohair sweater, but then that's just me.

Those photos being case in point, top = works, bottom = eww. And it's not just about context in terms of situation/place, but also context in terms of outfit - what it's paired with. Individually those pieces could work if styled differently. But then part of me just thinks, as long as he is happy wearing that, who cares On a related note I do still want a pair of the silver leather Ann D sneaks - not sure I have the right wardrobe to rock full silverther trousers though.
                      "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Zenith
                        • Jun 2009

Im used to seeing all saints knock offs, but this one is by far the most wtf worthy, taking the worst elements of everything:

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

What am I missing here? Looks like your basic super-slimmed modern ma-1 based leather.
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

I think he may be referring to this? Not THAT similar, but I can see the resemblance. The difference is that the _7 one has 2x the zipper, not 1.5x the zipper.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

pretty sad, lets start selling the cardboard tags next...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎