Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

haha i kinda like those feathered slippers also , idk if i would wear them but i liked how they looked in a runway setting . btw what is this asos ? sounds like a gym shoe kinda thing
    edit : nvermind just looked asos up

Comment

• thehouseofdis
      • Jan 2010

I'd wear the slippers as well but just at home and if I had a nice silk smoking jacket. I prefer the silver beaded ones though.
      THE HOUSE OF DIS
      embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I'm sure everyone is aware of the plagiarism of the new "Helmut Lang", but their latest collection seems to be pretty next level in terms of "inspiration".

Rick Owens SS11 - "Helmut Lang" FW11

Rick Owens FW10 - "Helmut Lang" FW11

Rick Owens FW09 - "Helmut Lang" FW11

there are more examples and even closer matches, I just don't have the pictures...
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

sure go ahead

I also recall Rick doing something very similar to this dress, possibly SS10 or FW10:

and this ruched effect above the waist is something he has been using, at least in SS10, but I didn't find a picture.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
            store's response to a 6cm-long scratch mark on a pair of RO boots i purchased:
            Originally posted by seatbelts View Post
            Wow. That is clearly not from treatment. Where did you purchase them again?
            That's what I would like know too because at least the RO store in London gave a little discount when the leather had ripped from a pair of Rick boots.

xeraphim, just be persistent with them and demand some kind of compensation for your troubles.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

I would prefer peacock feathers on a bird. That also includes the
              ones that goes "pip".

And for Helmut Lang, that saddens me.
              Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Wow, that is amazing (and pathetic).
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Zenith
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by flux View Post
                  That's what I would like know too because at least the RO store in London gave a little discount when the leather had ripped from a pair of Rick boots.
                  I bought a smooth leather from RO london last year, when I returned home I realized there was a 4cm cut on the inside of the arm. It wasn't that deep but it sure wasn't part of the "treatment". They insisted it was part of the special property given to the leather.

That being said they were fine when I asked for a refund.

Comment

• StrAngeRy
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    I would think you could find identical slippers for ~$5 at a market in Marrakech.
                    exactly

Comment

• syed
                      • Sep 2010

Even so I really like them (well more so the silver and plain pieces than the peacock). Plus coming from the first and only Ackermann's menswear collection they will be a good piece for the archives. I could see them working beautifully with a nice embroidered kurta and cashmere shawl.

I always find it slightly odd seeing "ethnic" influences on the runway, especially such obvious pieces, because I can imagine my father's voice in the back of my head saying "you can buy that for a few Rupees back home" Admittedly all my scarves are pashminas and cashmeres that my parents bought for me from Kashmir and Swat.
                      "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by wire.artist
                        So the strongest argument is pricing then, what a boring, lazy and uninteresting one...
                        My thoughts exactly.
                        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• xeraphim
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by seatbelts View Post
                          Wow. That is clearly not from treatment. Where did you purchase them again?
                          Originally posted by flux View Post

xeraphim, just be persistent with them and demand some kind of compensation for your troubles.
                          fwiw, the boots were purchased from hibrid.

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by wire.artist
                            So the strongest argument is pricing then, what a boring, lazy and uninteresting one...
                            Probably not worth your time reading this comment or anything else I write, given your opinion.

My argument wasn't about price alone though, though obviously price plays into it. If a seasonal designer garment looks just like someting I can pick up at a street market, I think that reflects poorly on the item. There should be something to distinguish these items. If a designer wants to use something that exists already as a complement to his line, he should simply do so. Yeah, there's a price argument at the core of this, but only because the garment provides nothing new or interesting.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• syed
                              • Sep 2010

Totally get that, and not disagreeing with you...but what about Margiela Replicas (some not all)? Although to be honest MMM the past few seasons has been a bit of a wtf for me anyway, but oh well.

Comment

• Lane
                                • Aug 2010

lol @ helmut lang...just wow..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡