X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BECOMING-INTENSE
    • Jan 2008

The day that young people(or anyone) will be looking through trash
    bins to find peacock feather loafers, that would be the day.

Actually, the "wtf" moment is not the loafers in itself but more
    a collection where such loafers becomes cohesive.
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

It seems like there are two things going on here. (on reading this post, I have no idea where I was going anymore. oops)

First, there's a matter of nuance. There's a certain point at which the difference between two things is too small to matter to someone. For the people you reference with respect to thrifting, that gap can apparently be pretty large. For the more interested types here, the gap will be smaller. But, at some point two things are too similar for me to care. With a broad enough stroke, it becomes a destructive argument ("Jeans are all the same ..." or whatnot), but at some point the difference has to become too small to matter.

Secondly, there's a matter of "why do you care about garment X." If a designer finds a garment, copies it and resells it, I don't think I care that he brought it to my attention. It is only when the designer is inspired by the garment, and makes something of his own that I care.

I see where you're coming from, I think. For me though, unless a designer adds something of his own, merely bringing my attention to something that already exists isn't worth much to me.

The perfect example, for me, of a designer adding something subtle of her own is Ann's feather necklace. People have been wearing feathers on cords for thousands of years. There's nothing novel about that. But, the way she does it seems to make the item something that strikes me as truly hers.

I dunno. I'm putting off the 40th+ revision of some tech paper... ugh.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

What a cock...
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
          Oh, how I wish that was me. A chance to bitchslap Galliano - that does not happen often.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• syed
            • Sep 2010

Streatham just breeds insane folk - Naomi and Galliano. On LBC they keep stressing the "originally from Streatham" at the end of the newsbite. Although having lived here all my life, I'm not surprised. Saaf Landan all the way.
            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• cooldudeguy3000
              • Jun 2010

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

*ahem*

Feelin' FOXY anyone?

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Catfood View Post
                I was hoping it was the silk pair with a tiger in the middle of the crotch from a year or so ago - retailed for some completely ridiculous amount.
                Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for $2,4K RARE NEW AUTH. YOHJI YAMAMOTO SEXY BOXER/SHORTS at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Grab 'em while they're cheap.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• HWith
                  • May 2007

I don't really think that's a wtf. The fur is beautiful and is probably oen of the few furs ever that I could see myself wearing. Even the price isn't much off compared the other designerfurs. Althought nothing beats the orange (i know it sounds fugly but it's beautiful) fur Annhagen did in collaboration with Kopenhagen Fur.

Originally posted by cooldudeguy3000 View Post

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                    I don't really think that's a wtf. The fur is beautiful and is probably oen of the few furs ever that I could see myself wearing. Even the price isn't much off compared the other designerfurs. Althought nothing beats the orange (i know it sounds fugly but it's beautiful) fur Annhagen did in collaboration with Kopenhagen Fur.
                    I don't think it's all that bad either...a bit Andre Leon Talley, but not the worst fur I've seen.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• copacetic
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cooldudeguy3000 View Post
                      You'd think if you were trying to sell something for 1,000,000 yen, you'd get a nice camera and light the damn thing properly. Makes it look like something you'd pick up at a shitty estate sale.
                      And "When the prince has gathered about him
                      "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• Raw
                        • Oct 2009

Yahoo!オークションは、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るYahoo!オークションで、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

The holster from the 2010SS moto?

Comment

• Lane
                          • Aug 2010

how else you suppose to go to war

Comment

• BBSCCP
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                            somebody must have stolen that

Comment

• ES3K
                              • Oct 2008

The Galliano video

Comment

• jogu
                                • Jun 2009

ouch thats some harsh shit hes sayin ... what happened before that led up to him sayin those things ? according to that article the people he was talkin shit to are italian and one was asian lol so that makes me wonder wtf was said , if anythin , to him before he got hostile .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎