X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mw000
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
    Friends of mine own a company that made tailored clothing for Bijan for which I roughly estimate Bijan's margin at ca.1300-1500%.
    "

Bijan makes a killing. He has a fleet of taxi yellow luxury cars and supercars.

Bentley Azure, Rolls drophead, Veyron to name a few. They all look terribly gaudy and reflect his "taste"

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

^^ ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...the first one actually looks like a taxi!
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

peter parker the new face of prada men's

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

^ I thought it was quite fitting.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• thehouseofdis
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by interest1 View Post

High roller. Possible just high.

Interest: If I ever see you in New York, I hope you'll be sporting these!
            THE HOUSE OF DIS
            embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• HWith
              • May 2007

I know this has been posted elsewhere in the forums, but I think it belongs in the WTF-thread as well:

Thierry Mugler, the man behind the name:

And the full picture (NSFW)

(notice the white socks in sandals, hehe)

Comment

• sCrAtChy
                • Oct 2009

I am sorry but what the hell is Bijian? I am from the East and have never heard of this label before. Could anyone from the states tell more about it. From what I have gathered from the Internet it is said to be 'the most expensive shop in the world'!?!?!?

I saw all the stuffs from that link here and they all look like crap. How on Earth is it possible that he charge a high command prices on all these items? And people actually do buy all these things? I though Versace was the worst and it used to sell great in Asia with their crap and now this Bijian? Amazing...

Comment

• messenoire
                  • Nov 2009

everything theiry has done so far seems like a way to say "GIVE ME ATTENTION! LOOK AT ME!!!!!!" there's an heir of camp about him that runs pretty thick.

Comment

• Bad Poster
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by sCrAtChy View Post
                    I am sorry but what the hell is Bijian
                    I feel kind of bad for saying this, but his death wasn't exactly a great tragedy for the world of fashion.

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                      everything theiry has done so far seems like a way to say "GIVE ME ATTENTION! LOOK AT ME!!!!!!" there's an heir of camp about him that runs pretty thick.
                      Well, we can probably say that about half the designers out there, messenoire.

Mugler – like Jean-Paul Gaultier, like Claude Montana, like Moschino – wasn't interested in quiet design. Their's screamed, often at the top of its lungs, and more power to them! The fashion world needs its eccentrics, and if you took some time and looked at Mugler's entire body of work (not the shit from the last couple seasons since his reemergence – I'm talking about the 80s thru the 90s), you'll find that there's a lot more to the man than what some have reduced him to on this forum.

I still have pictures saved, pages torn out of old Vogues & Taxi from 15+ years ago of his stuff. And no, not everything was imbued with camp. Nobody cut a jacket the way Mugler could. Easy to see his influence on Rick, actually. Where theatrics are concerned, he was right up there with Gaultier, but Gaultier's idea of over the top fell more toward humor, whereas Mugler just sexed it up & out. It's no wonder Helmut Newton shot a lot of his work. You might be surprised to find how incredible it really was. ;)

A couple of pics, if you're interested:

Originally posted by HWith View Post

I know this has been posted elsewhere in the forums, but I think it belongs in the WTF-thread as well...

And HWith - Dude, old news. You're posting shit from 2 1/2 years ago. Why?
                      This even has its own [COLOR="Red"]thread[/COLOR], which basically serves as a dedicated WTF thread to Mugler, so trying to inaugurate him into this one, at this stage, is about as wack as jacking your shit up a la The Incredible Hulk with a steady diet o' grade-B steroids..

Yes, we've all taken our swipes at the man and had a hearty laugh at his expense, so what's the point of keeping it going? Rather cruel, actually. Beyond that, I really don't need any designer's dick in my face, thank you very much. Especially one attached to a designer I'd much rather remember for their work, than their personal life.

sain't

Comment

• HWith
                        • May 2007

^Now seriously, the two of you should relax a bit. I know the picture is old, but this thread isn't a news thread - it's a WTF-thread. Go back throught the pages. You'll see tons of old stuff.

Yes, I know the picture has been posted elsewhere in the forums, which I also wrote in my initial post, but in spite of that the picture also belongs in here, for it is truly a WTF. This thread is for entertainment, so don't take everything too seriously.

And hey, if you want to remember him for his work then fine, go ahead, that is entirely possible even though you've seen that picture. As for dick, well, you clicked the link - you've seen the picture before so you know that he's fully naked.

And again: This thread is for entertainment.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

Been going through a rough patch lately, just now I found the back-to-back musings of interest1 and Chilton 2-3 posts above very comforting. Thanks.
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Even entertainment must have some level of taste.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• HWith
                              • May 2007

In this case bad taste!

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Even entertainment must have some level of taste.

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

.....so....last night, while my wife, myself, 2 kids and dog were in the house and asleep, we got burgled.

The dog who barks at everything, including shadows, fucking slept through the whole thing.

The idiots, amongst other things stole both sets of car keys but left the brand new car in the drive???

Didn't touch the 3 ccp, 2 Augusta and ma+ boots, nor the high neck bison which were in the same room as the keys.

Got me thinking....Does anybody separately insure any of their expensive pieces? Would be interesting to find out considering some peoples collections are worth thousands of $$$'s........

Anyway I felt worthy of WTF.

I'm sleeping with a cricket bat under my bed tonight.
                                I think i prefer the US legal stance on breaking and entering vs euro sissy laws.

WTF
                                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎