Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UA+
    • Nov 2007

i highly doubt the music for the video was picked in order for it to be mainstream, i think they deliberately chose an extremely cheesy song and made something joyful and relaxed out of what is usually made up by models with boring, serious poses, and let's be honest, pretentious advertising.

i think you're taking the thing way too seriously and it is not meant to be taken that way. it's genius advertising in my opinion. i don't find them reaching new customers from "mainstream" because of this, because neither their price points or brand image has changed at all.

I also think you're missing the point of the bad dancing, it's not white people dancing, they're playing one of those dancing video games which are meant to make a fool out of yourself. Chill, smile, have some fun
    Last edited by UA+; 08-30-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by UA+ View Post
      i highly doubt the music for the video was picked in order for it to be mainstream, i think they deliberately chose an extremely cheesy song and made something joyful and relaxed out of what is usually made up by models with boring, serious poses, and let's be honest, pretentious advertising.

i think you're taking the thing way too seriously and it is not meant to be taken that way. it's genius advertising in my opinion. i don't find them reaching new customers from "mainstream" because of this, because neither their price points or brand image has changed at all.

I also think you're missing the point of the bad dancing, it's not white people dancing, they're playing one of those dancing video games.
      x10000

Comment

• Dropt
        • May 2009

It's not genious advertising, it's just trying to get the hard-to-reach consumer, which we'll call hipster for now, for convenience. The exact one that's draped in its pride for finding fashion too serious, or too bourgeois. They're like getting down the midtones of a tonal range, so to speak. Pretty clever.

Comment

• UA+
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Dropt View Post
          It's not genious advertising, it's just trying to get the hard-to-reach consumer, which we'll call hipster for now, for convenience. The exact one that's draped in its pride for finding fashion too serious, or too bourgeois.
          find me an hipster that won't throw up upon hearing pitbull, let alone allow himself to admit that he actually likes a video where this music is featured, "hipsters" are probably the most stuck up people there can be, i don't see your point at all. I don't think they are trying to get any other customers besides the ones they already have, they're just grabbing their attention longer and making waves because of doing something different for once.

Comment

• ashamed
            • Jan 2011

I actually found this annoying and couldnt watch more then 15 seconds, partially because of the song and how uncomfortable it made me with the dancing and all. i agree with eternal and dropt. I can see people who wear gucci and ed hardy finding this video because they tried to youtube the original song and sending it to their friends being like "is this what we wear now?" and then "hipsters" being like "LOL irony" not that im above that either its just not at all what i like or would do.

Comment

• CHRIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2006

i don't think it's about being ironic as much as it's about being less cold and controlled.

and i highly doubt that pitbull and some awkward dancing will drive the masses to the house of lanvin

Comment

• christianef
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
                When was Lanvin supposed to be for the masses?
                when they collaborated with h&m

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ ZING!
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Guys, you are reading in too much. It's not ironic, or whatever, and hipster is definitely not their audience and never will be. It's just silly FUN, just like Barneys. It's making luxury fashion less cold and haughty.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Guys, you are reading in too much. It's not ironic, or whatever, and hipster is definitely not their audience and never will be. It's just silly FUN, just like Barneys. It's making luxury fashion less cold and haughty.
                      Agreed...it's just stupid and awkward and good times all around. I laughed.
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Ochre
                        • Sep 2009

Wow, never would have guessed the video would be so polarizing in this community.

Cheers to Alber.

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

It's hard for me to see the fun when the models look like they'd rather be somewhere else...
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                            • Jan 2007

That video is perfect. Greatest campaign in a while, and the fact that opinions about it are so polarized just makes it even better.
                            Originally posted by jogu
                            i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by UA+ View Post
                              it's genius advertising in my opinion.
                              I will gladly accept that this is their way to try to seem more human but for fuck's sake, can we quit using the term, 'genius' to describe some of the shit that goes on in the name of sales and promotion?

I don't give two shits about Lanvin but in terms of being clever or effective, I saw it as neither particularly. They would have been better off using a video of a cat chasing its tail and then falling off a table (cue Logo, dissolve and CUT!). Of course the cat would be wearing the latest SOBE clubbing fashion outfit by Lanvin.

As stated, I don't find anything particularly notable about the video. I just about pissed myself when I saw someone refer to it as 'genius.' God damn, the twenty-first centruy has really shit all over that word, hasn't it?
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• wedjat
                                • Jan 2011

they are playing a dancing game on xbox kinect.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎