Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UA+
    • Nov 2007

Please enlighten me which fields you deem appropriate to label a good work and idea that spans from it as genius, i am extremely interested, because marketing is clearly not one of them.

The fact that this discussion is dragging itself along so much just reinforces my idea that this is amazing marketing work.

I would end this post with some cliché saying and some bodily function description in order to attack you and your opinions, but i will refrain from that as you clearly got that covered already.

Originally posted by beardown View Post
    I will gladly accept that this is their way to try to seem more human but for fuck's sake, can we quit using the term, 'genius' to describe some of the shit that goes on in the name of sales and promotion?

I don't give two shits about Lanvin but in terms of being clever or effective, I saw it as neither particularly. They would have been better off using a video of a cat chasing its tail and then falling off a table (cue Logo, dissolve and CUT!). Of course the cat would be wearing the latest SOBE clubbing fashion outfit by Lanvin.

As stated, I don't find anything particularly notable about the video. I just about pissed myself when I saw someone refer to it as 'genius.' God damn, the twenty-first centruy has really shit all over that word, hasn't it?

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by UA+ View Post
      Please enlighten me which fields you deem appropriate to label a good work and idea that spans from it as genius, i am extremely interested, because marketing is clearly not one of them.

The fact that this discussion is dragging itself along so much just reinforces my idea that this is amazing marketing work.
      Yes. The fact that this is being discussed by a few people in a 'What the Fuck' thread is proof-positive that it is effective and brilliant marketing. Cats floating around in bubbles and all that.

Next level. But your low standard for genius (coupled with your low post count) lead me to believe that you don't know nearly as much as you credit yourself with and that perhaps you took a wrong turn at StyleForum.

Sorry for not buying into your hyperbolic pseudo-intellectual spew. The fact that you think this is genius speaks for itself to me. That's all.

I can use hyperbole too. See?

Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Hellequin
        • Nov 2007

eat your (chrome) heart out, Richard Stark ...

Comment

• Zenith
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Guys, you are reading in too much. It's not ironic, or whatever, and hipster is definitely not their audience and never will be. It's just silly FUN, just like Barneys. It's making luxury fashion less cold and haughty.
          Exactly. Totally worked for the female models, they looked like they were having fun. The male models though, seemed really uncomfortable in their segments.

Comment

• UA+
            • Nov 2007

You guys are taking the word genius in a way too literal way, when it was a word only casually used to describe what i thought was an excellent idea. You think i care that you think otherwise or that i feel diminished because you take conclusions about my intellect due to an opinion on such a pointless subject? i seriously believe you are the ones who are absolutely wrong, not because i do not validate your opinions, but due to your lack of both manners and class. I assumed this was a more grown up forum than superfuture, and so far i think it is, but i guess everywhere we will have some keyboard warriors trying to bully people around the internet trying to sound smarter than they really are.

Post count is really a good of measure of both IQ and dick size, so in that sense i really have to give it you, that with that amazingly "clever" hyperbole tells me you are the holder of Truth in all fields of life, arts and science. Anxiously waiting for your breakthroughs that will influence all our lives my dear genius. PS: You're not funny

That wasn't what i said eternal, again putting words in my mouth.
            You guys just need to take the stick out of your asses and enjoy life, pseudo-intelectual discussion about something so frivolous on the internet just makes me giggle.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
              Exactly. Totally worked for the female models, they looked like they were having fun. The male models though, seemed really uncomfortable in their segments.
              But that was the point! It's saying, "We may look slick and haughty and aloof, like fashion, but we are not - we are people.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Zenith
                • Jun 2009

I got more of a goofy vibe from the female cast, more of "don't want to be here" from the male segments. When I meant having fun I didn't mean in the slick fashion sense.

Comment

• obsi
                  • Aug 2011

I wasn't impressed.
                  "It's hard to tell the real people from those who pretend. These days I've got more shoes than I've got real friends."

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I got more of a goofy vibe from the female cast, more of "don't want to be here" from the male segments. When I meant having fun I didn't mean in the slick fashion sense.
                    Just think about how most women dance and most men dance and it all falls into place.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

...that amazingly "clever" hyperbole tells me you are the holder of Truth in all fields of life, arts and science. Anxiously waiting for your breakthroughs that will influence all our lives my dear genius. PS: You're not funny
                      Stick around a bit longer and you will find that you are wrong...

And I didn't care much for the video, but thought beardown's idea was [insert appropriate word].
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ lmao. so true. beardown is the man - even though i don't agree with him on the lanvin video. beardown, i wish you'd come to the SZ party.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

(more stuff)
                          I think one of the things that most consistently takes me off-guard on the internet is the way people fail to recognize when they have irrecoverably and completely lost an argument.
                          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• christianef
                            • Feb 2009

probably a models worst nightmare landing a lanvin campaign - i would safely assume both the girls and boys are just following directions.

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

You guys just need to take the stick out of your asses and enjoy life, pseudo-intelectual discussion about something so frivolous on the internet just makes me giggle.
                              This just became a pissing match because you said it was genius, I pointed out that it's not. And it's not. You're the one who started slapping people around with your white glove.

If you really want to see genius, head over to the designer archive threads and spend a few days there. Not only will you find several good examples but you'll also notice that it's the result of actually creating something rather than simply trying to sell it the same way that fast food restaurants try to sell milkshakes and hot dogs.

Look at your sense of humor. Now look at mine.
                              Now back to yours.
                              Now back to mine.
                              My sense of humor is Bill Hicks.
                              Yours is Larry the Cable Guy.

Doesn't mean we can't get along.

Faust, I'd love to come to the party. I haven't been around much mostly because of work (which has also equated to not much travel). But I'll be having some shows next year in NY so I'd be honored to meet up and finally shake your hand, maybe have a drink when the time comes.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                                Faust, I'd love to come to the party. I haven't been around much mostly because of work (which has also equated to not much travel). But I'll be having some shows next year in NY so I'd be honored to meet up and finally shake your hand, maybe have a drink when the time comes.
                                The honor would be mine.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎