Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpoff
    • Jan 2008

I raise your empty boxes with an empty paper bag, with a hole.

Comment

• gavagai
      • May 2010

I think it is ridiculous to spend money on these empty bags and boxes etc. but it hardly qualifies as going bonkers. For the most part, they sell for a few dollars.

Is that more insane than buying an $1,800.00 blazer on the internet that you haven't seen or ever tried on? That is WTF and happens here all the time. I'd rather gamble on a $5.00 hanger...It could always be used as a weapon or kindle even if it is damaged.

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
        The SS11 boxes were the best, that thing is a collector's piece, they don't make them like that anymore.
        Originally posted by philip nod
        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

it is not the spending of money on these boxes, hangers that is absurd

its the stupidity of the people who takes time to photograph and list these items whose prices are so small that they could make more money doing something else...........

I have a lot of stuff I could easily sell on eBay, I don't because the time spent taking the pictures and listing the stuff, then shipping after I've made a pittance isn't worth it at all.

and yes, it IS more insane that buying an expensive item online...........

most of the time you are buying something that you already know about, or know the designer has a reputation for great quality products.........A lot of times these items have some resale value, where if it doesn't fit properly or whatever it can be resold to recoup funds................

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
          I think it is ridiculous to spend money on these empty bags and boxes etc. but it hardly qualifies as going bonkers. For the most part, they sell for a few dollars.

Is that more insane than buying an $1,800.00 blazer on the internet that you haven't seen or ever tried on? That is WTF and happens here all the time. I'd rather gamble on a $5.00 hanger...It could always be used as a weapon or kindle even if it is damaged.
          Last edited by zamb; 12-05-2011, 03:21 PM.
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

i have some rick tags if anyone wants them, fuck it i will even ship free and include the receipts if you want to smell them

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
              Is that the other half of the jackets from McQueen 08?

Comment

• endersgame
                • Aug 2009

Is that more insane than buying an $1,800.00 blazer on the internet that you haven't seen or ever tried on? That is WTF and happens here all the time.
                what's even crazier is the guy who you're buying that $1,800.00 blazer from actually bought it at retail from a foreign store at $3,000 euros + $50 shipping + $250 duty just 2 weeks ago..

or

what's even more wtf than that is the guy who you're buying that $1,800.00 blazer from is actually selling a fake and you're too dumb to realize it until you post it in the recent purchases thread..

so i guess selling a hanger ain't so bad. if it sells, it sells i guess..

Comment

• Ochre
                  • Sep 2009

I'd rather gamble on a $5.00 hanger...It could always be used as a weapon or kindle even if it is damaged.
                  I like your logic. "Well, I could always kill someone with this at least."

Comment

• Pleue
                    • Sep 2011

I hope that this is some kind of lame joke.
                    moderation kills the spirit

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

^^ LOL
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• messenoire
                        • Nov 2009

ebay listings are kind of a cop out but i found this one click-worthy
                        topshop by rick owens

Comment

• CHRIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2006

that's mine! sorry if it's confusing, but topshop gets no love on eBay. last time when i listed it as topshop and added 'rick owens' at the end of the title, the listing accrued 197 watchers and i sold the jacket for twice the retail price. unfortunately the buyer backed out because she had "second thoughts on paying $400 for polyester outerwear" and i relisted it, but it got taken down for search manipulation the second time around.

i make it clear however, that the jacket is NOT, in fact, by rick owens, but similar in style to his moto shearling. i only do this to evade ebay's policy, and i don't really think its an issue. if buyers place bids without reading the actual listing, that isn't really my fault.

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

So you evade ebay's search manipulation policy by adding "by" after the actual designer?
                            ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                            Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• CHRIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006

i'm assuming that whatever technique they use to peruse the millions of titles isn't discerning enough to flag manipulation unless the extraneous words are randomly thrown in at the beginning or the end? and it hasn't gotten taken down yet, so... i guess i have 9 hours to see if my theory rings true?

Comment

• Oasis
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by CHRIS View Post
                                that's mine! sorry if it's confusing, but topshop gets no love on eBay. last time when i listed it as topshop and added 'rick owens' at the end of the title, the listing accrued 197 watchers and i sold the jacket for twice the retail price. unfortunately the buyer backed out because she had "second thoughts on paying $400 for polyester outerwear" and i relisted it, but it got taken down for search manipulation the second time around.

i make it clear however, that the jacket is NOT, in fact, by rick owens, but similar in style to his moto shearling. i only do this to evade ebay's policy, and i don't really think its an issue. if buyers place bids without reading the actual listing, that isn't really my fault.
                                It's a pretty dick move in any case.
                                Originally posted by christianef
                                u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍