Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theconsumer
    • Feb 2009

Buys a Samurai in size too large, then adds fucking buttons ...

Might even be a good find if you're XL and know a capable tailor that can undo the button idiocy.

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

This is a very unique piece and in stunning condition, as I recall was over $3000 new,
      Like I said I never wore it out of the house
      5chars

Comment

• soulshui
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by theconsumer View Post

Might even be a good find if you're XL and know a capable tailor that can undo the button idiocy.
        ^true wtf perhaps velcro are too mainstream

Comment

• gavagai
          • May 2010

tried to buy literally one t-shirt from Vertice London.

Shipping = 35 pounds + 8.95 for handling charge.

Um sorry that is literally fucking highway robbery. I understand face to face service but this is too much to believe for boxing and shipping garment.

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gavagai View Post

Um sorry that is literally fucking highway robbery. I understand face to face service but this is too much to believe for boxing and shipping garment.
            Dick Turpin working at Vertice now?

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

they have a handy way of killing their own sales
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

another addition to the list of reasons not to buy from there.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• couturehomme
                  • Oct 2008

fuck me...so 44 pounds to ship to the US?
                  damn...and that's one of the very, very few stores that carry boris in XL...

do they at least deduct VAT?

Comment

• gavagai
                    • May 2010

They deduct for VAT and some of the pieces I was looking at were very reasonably priced.

they only ship to your billing address for your first two shipments and as stated above the shipping charge is outrageous enough. The slap in the face nearly 9 pounds "handling fee" is beyond anything I've seen on the internet.

Just to see I added a sweatshirt. Shipping became 45 with 23 for handling.

Think about that : $106 US Dollars to deliver a sweatshirt and t-shirt from UK to California. I won't even bother looking at this site anymore.

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by theconsumer View Post

Shouldn't be hard to undo at all. This coat definitely runs large, and contrary to measurements, it fits broad shoulders.

Originally posted by gavagai View Post

And here I thought PNP's 40€ shipping fee was bad. Ugh, I hate to think what Vertice charges you for the privilege of putting your garment in a bag... "That will be a 14.95£ bagging fee"... or, what if they carry it to the door for you?
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• several_girls
                        • Nov 2010

In their defense, vertice doesn't seem to be high-volume business like Mr Porter or revolve/forward. Businesses that offer free shipping likely have a much higher profit margin. While vertice is also looking to up their bottom line, they might have to account for the time their employees spend shipping orders if they have a smaller staff. Someone can chime in if they have more knowledge but I'm guessing larger business like porter probably have a special discount/relationship with the likes of fedex or UPS.

Then again, I have always heard good things about Ink and they seem to be of a comparable size. Something to do with the difference between laws and customs of the EU/UK and Hong Kong?

Comment

• couturehomme
                          • Oct 2008

there are LOTS of stores in the UK that ship internationally. Lots. Oki-ni, LN-CC, Hostem, Pollyanna e.t.c.

Nobody here is asking for free shipping as we all understand that shipping is NEVER FREE and the company really shouldn't be absorbing these costs, but for example, I recently bought some basics from Oki-ni and the shipping was 15 pounds. I ordered from Pollyanna way earlier this year and shipping was 18.77 pounds. Pretty close as it should be since both are UK operations. 44 pounds is not even close to 15-20 pounds. Not even close. And that's for 1 item from Vertice..

Actually, it's kinda laughable tbh. Sadly, another store on the DNS list..

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

so i heard raf simons took his studio out for x-mas dinner and paid for it.
                            next day he goes around the office demanding his money back from his employees.

seems like a cool guy.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
                              Then again, I have always heard good things about Ink and they seem to be of a comparable size. Something to do with the difference between laws and customs of the EU/UK and Hong Kong?
                              legislation and customs shouldn't really have any effect on the price of shipping, they can affect the recipient.

shipping prices vary and they might use a courier that is more expensive. the "handling" charge is pretty ridicilous as I assume they don't charge a handling fee when they fetch sizes for customers instore, or bag their items. then again, the leven of service in the store is pretty appalling to begin with, so maybe its a premium you pay for not having to deal with them face to face.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post

so i heard raf simons took his studio out for x-mas dinner and paid for it.
                                next day he goes around the office demanding his money back from his employees.

seems like a cool guy.
                                LOL. Come on, must be just a rumor.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎