X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHRIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2006

evidently i've spent too many hours in the castro, because that picture didn't phase me whatsoever

love the new profile pic jogu

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by galia View Post
      ^I strongly disagree
      We'll have to agree to disagree...I find all of it truly horrendous. I found the transformable clothing (and even the unisex clothing) intriguing at first, but it seems like the pieces try to do many things, without doing one thing well.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Crowzer
        • Feb 2011

Totally subjective, but i must admit that i appreciate RAD. Sure, some pieces are obvious not but this is not the case for the others ones. Like a little bit the androgynous style.

But the picture from antantonioli is jut... LOL. They can't choose models with shaved legs ?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
          Virtually everything Rad should be in this thread.
          agreed
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Urthwhyte
            • Oct 2011

^ I appreciate it as well. The silhouettes he features heavily are interesting, albeit a bit repetitive at this point, and he still seems to be stuck in the "transformable" box, so to speak, but it is still interesting.

But the picture from antantonioli is jut... LOL. They can't choose models with shaved legs ?
            I think the bigger problem was choosing a model who looks like he's a 46 or 48. Needs someone more likely to fit into a women's 38 than an American men's

Comment

• syed
              • Sep 2010

Models on the runway for Rad are just as bad though. You don't automatically think of an athletic build when you see his stuff. Waifs, or basically his body type = yes. Even so it just feels too forced to me, I prefer androgyny to his rather strict unisex (although it is always more feminine than masculine, rather than sexless or unisex).
              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• messenoire
                • Nov 2009

i thought rad pre-duffusion line and pre-extreme unisex design aesthetic which seems like marketing was okay. it had a tinges of helmut lang we hadnt seen in quite some time and a bit of rick at the same time. somewhere along the lines when he started introducing males models alongside female models and saying his clothing is "unisex" when clearly older pieces are cut like they are suppose to be the female form and dont do much for males when worn. i think his older collections, especially the collection with all of the red, were far more interesting than the monotony of rad in the past few years. the introduction of rad lite adorned in pvc via rad by rad was just the icing on the cake, although i did have a softspot for the presentation of rad by rad #2 and still think in different materials some of it would be kind of cool in a gareth pugh 09 pre-super hero cape type way. he use to even get a bit of love on this forum but it looks like he's destined to fade into obscurity without much of a swan song. it's been said before, he makes a better stylist than designer.
                Last edited by messenoire; 12-25-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• YUNUNG
                  • Apr 2010

apparently a tough decision to make

so why not wearing both
                  Last edited by YUNUNG; 12-25-2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• oh god

Comment

• wedjat
                      • Jan 2011

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/RAF+SI...K/sts/sr_men80

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                        Totally subjective, but i must admit that i appreciate RAD. Sure, some pieces are obvious not but this is not the case for the others ones. Like a little bit the androgynous style.

Is that a French thing?
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

We can say that it's not rare for French men to shave their legs, not all men do that of course, but it's common in France.
                          Last edited by Crowzer; 12-25-2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• BBYY
                            • Mar 2008

Which France ?
                            Paris Proxy Service

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

I talked to a beautician not long ago, she told me she saw many men who came to make a leg waxing. She shares my opinion about the fact it's has been democratized here the recent years. I didn't say only French men do that or it's a French men feature, just it’s not strange here.
                              Last edited by Crowzer; 12-25-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                                We can say that it's not rare for French men to shave their legs, not all men do that of course, but it's common in France.
                                Damn, son...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎