X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Urthwhyte
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
    My first reply might have been misrepresented. I was pointing out the fact that there's nothing wrong with this outrageous-ness. They may look ridiculous to goth ninjas who are so anal about proportions, cuts, and colours, but there is no reason to think of them as style pariahs.
    I don't think it's the outrageous-ness that causes the reaction so much as how affected some of their attire seems. Ultimately, it's all a matter of perspective, and SZ's aesthetic and posters are viewed similarly by others, but when a 64-crayon box contains fewer distinct colours and shades than your outfit a line has been crossed. The quotes attached don't help.

I have lived in Melbourne and London, but none compares to the number of years I've spent in Singapore. There is a stark difference in the amount of effort people take to look good between the former two and the latter, down to the level of energy on the streets.
    Very much empathize with this statement. Going from Copenhagen to Seattle was a culture shock in more ways than one, though I was at least shielded from the weather affecting my demeanor . The attitude here with regard to attire is certainly more relaxed. While after a 30+ hour coding/writing binge like today I appreciate that I can turn up to class or the office unshaven, bleary eyed, and sloppily dressed without it being out of the norm, I fear it's not worth the loss of being able to set up shop at a curbside cafe and see fashion that is not an Arc'Teryx jacket or Birkenstock sandals go by.

Granted with the democratisation of fashion more people are dressing up, kudos to them who look good, but many among those who try are dancing to the tune of Alexander Wang or their own rendition of Celine's top to toe floral prints that would have looked better on a couch. Maybe in time things will change for the better
    Heh. In time, it surely will. If I look at how I dressed three months ago it's markedly worse than today by any measure. Critically examining what you wear is second nature to plenty here, but it's a reflex that comes from proper practice and time spent learning, just like anything else. Neither Rome nor a fantastic wardrobe and corresponding fashion sense were developed in a day

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

HOLD THE FUCK UP
      birkenstocks are rad, don't hate

Comment

• Urthwhyte
        • Oct 2011

Dye those suckers black and you'd have a pretty nice summer shoe, but it rains too much for those for most people here. Considerably less rad examples

Comment

• avout
          • Nov 2011

Just to chime in on hel-looks, I'm not really a hater. I live in Brazil, where fashion is unbelievably homogenous. Here, a person wearing a duvet, or more colors than are in a box of crayons would be a breath of fresh air, but it will never happen because nobody takes any risks. I think the sort of things that show up on hel-looks are a necessary, healthy by-product of a society where fashion is democratic and experimentation is okay.

Completely agree with Urthwhyte's point about curation, too. The same thing happens in Japan, where international blogs/media tend to focus on the stranger, more extreme outfits and less on people who actually look good.

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
            HOLD THE FUCK UP
            birkenstocks are rad, don't hate
            I don't ming the sandals, but they inspire in me a vision of unkempt feet with hairy sausage toes and uncut nails. vom

people with nice feet should wear sandals in moderation. when in doubt, cover up. flip flops are even worse though.

I hate toes ugh

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

This really sounds like a personal problem.

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

well it is

but then I've seen my fair share of horrible tourist feet in the paris metro in the summer. this personal problem comes from ptst (the trauma was repeated exposure to such feet)

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

when it gets a little hotter can I pm you some pics of my feet, so I know that I go sandal-shod with your approval? thanks

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
                    Yea that's true but all the Finns I know were from the Swedish speaking portion and I always end up lumping in it.
                    So do most finns and the rest of the world, which makes sense.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• shdws
                        • Sep 2011

Those picnic pants could be handy if your eating on the bed, if any crumbs fall they can be caught.

The whole sandal conversation reminded me of this for some reason:

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

I was going to leave the foot massage up to Galia.

Comment

• shdws
                            • Sep 2011

/\

bahahahahah I'm dying here from laughing.

But I really could imagine this sandal conversation somehow leading to the pulp fiction scene replaced with Galia and you lol (if this conversation was had IRL)
                            Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

please god no, don't show me, wear what you want Patroklus, I'll never meet you anyway and I'm toephobic

but foot massages feel awesome

now I'm conflicted
                              Last edited by galia; 04-10-2012, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• morsto
                                • Nov 2008

while it's easy (maybe too easy) to look through dressed.so and finding shit outfits, this kid deserves it; fake ro sneakers worn in a lulztastic manner.
                                I wonder how bros like this even hear about these shoes. I have yet to spot anyone wearing them irl.

were these posted already? http://www.antonioli.eu/products/176...-shoes?gen=men?
                                I do not recognise the vessel,
                                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎