• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

shit, totally missed that. uhmmmm.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Urthwhyte
      • Oct 2011

I can only assume it relates to this:

PH connection as yet unexplained

Comment

• beardown
        rekoner
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
        They're too big to pick locks.
        That was a joke.
        Originally posted by mizzar
        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by JoniF
          Don't be surprised when the Karl Lagerfeld x Carol Christian Poell collaboration is revealed.
          Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sissyleaks
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
            are we just gonna skip over this? i am genuinely puzzled. what the hell is this thing? how does this fit into PH's vision? what is it made of? why is it 1500 eur? i mean....what the fuck?
            You just got served by a real vanguardist!

Of course it fits into his aesthetic- paul has always been obsessed with 'work clothes' of the 'poor'. To me this is kind of poetic and funny at the same time, and it takes some serious personality to wear! A challenge indeed!

Ive always thought that there is something seriously cool about streetcleaner clothes and paul has to do it. Perhaps this particular piece is not the best example. Seriously, this is a major 'fuck you' to all the horrendous drapey black shit on the market now.

I dont know if anyone here as has met him but Paul wears a fluorescent mac coatm(streetcleaner style- even smells like one!) sometimes and its pretty fucking amazing if you ask me. Gotta love the guys sense of humour.

Comment

• CHRIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2006

i guess it's funny that he made it but it'll be even funnier when someone buys it

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by sissyleaks View Post
                Seriously, this is a major 'fuck you' to all the horrendous drapey black shit on the market now.

I dont know if anyone here as has met him but Paul wears a fluorescent mac coatm(streetcleaner style- even smells like one!) sometimes and its pretty fucking amazing if you ask me. Gotta love the guys sense of humour.
                The only way it would be funny is if the underside of the care label had printed, "You've just been HARNDENED."

If questionable garments and accessories were an acceptable form of satire, then a lot of designers would qualify as comedians. I suppose Rick could justify beach towels as some experiment to see how far his fans would follow him into the limelight and then have a little chuckle discussing it with his inner circle.

We know some artists can get away with anything (Duchamp used a urinal in an installation in 1917, after all) but it's only really funny if people get the joke.

"You've just been HARNDENED." t-shirts now available direct from me for $24.95 plus S+H.*

*Just kidding
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sissyleaks View Post
                  You just got served by a real vanguardist!

Of course it fits into his aesthetic- paul has always been obsessed with 'work clothes' of the 'poor'. To me this is kind of poetic and funny at the same time, and it takes some serious personality to wear! A challenge indeed!

Ive always thought that there is something seriously cool about streetcleaner clothes and paul has to do it. Perhaps this particular piece is not the best example. Seriously, this is a major 'fuck you' to all the horrendous drapey black shit on the market now.

Your definition of the market is jaded. This is exactly the problem with this forum, the narrow view of fashion. I wish I could talk to someone about McQueen or Chalayan who are a head above anything discussed here, and especially the one trick pony Harnden.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Is this for real? HL leather y-fronts?

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for VINTAGE HELMUT LANG MEN'S REAL LEATHER BRIEF STYLE UNDERWEAR SHORT at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                      Is this for real? HL leather y-fronts?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VINTAGE-HELMU...ht_2632wt_1396
                      See here:
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

But guys, its from FAUSTo pugsli
                        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                          Huh...not sure how I missed that.
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• nahneun
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                            lol who's yo daddy?!

Comment

• CHRIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006

ISO: mid 30's boyfriend with a closet full of slutty, vintage helmut lang. preferably german

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

Uh... Dane's right above you CHRIS. Just drop him a PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎