X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tron
    • Dec 2010

Karl's other pet
    "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Verdandi
      • Mar 2012

But that is not Baptiste.

Speaking of Karl-Otto; a gem from the latest Cruise Collection:

http://postimage.org/image/o4mgzgw25/

And Marc Jacobs will always be the gift that keeps on giving:

http://postimage.org/image/6m3x840pz/

Why is everyone and their mother doing Resort/Cruise/whatever collections these days? I think there is even an Alexander Wang Cruise collection, which is the epitome of wtf.
      lavender menace

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

the whole term "cruise" or "resort" irks the shit out of me.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          the whole term "cruise" or "resort" irks the shit out of me.
          Me too.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blacktulip
            • Nov 2011

http://sobadsogood.com/2012/06/07/th...o-mark-parker/
            "Silicon is a gas"

Comment

• Verdandi
              • Mar 2012

Maison Martin Margiela will be the next H&M Designer collaboration. Fuck you Rosso.
              lavender menace

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

what

the
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

all things sacred has become profane.............
                    the grand has become ordinary
                    the exceptional rendered mundane
                    all things sacred has now become profane.....
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• wedjat
                      • Jan 2011

fuck this. On the other hand nothing can shock you after cdg.

Comment

• morsto
                        • Nov 2008

while sad, it's kind of to be expected that new school mmm would say yes to h&m.
                        I wonder if ann or rick was given the offer they'd go for it, I tell myself no but who knows anymore, given how the market is
                        I do not recognise the vessel,
                        but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                          while sad, it's kind of to be expected that new school mmm would say yes to h&m.
                          I wonder if ann or rick was given the offer they'd go for it, I tell myself no but who knows anymore, given how the market is
                          i understand the need for commerce and having cash, getting publicity and all because we all got bills to pay, have staff to pay and all that. however at a certain point one has to ask the question as to what does a company stand for, and what are the reasons why a customer supports brand A and B as opposed to CDE and F.

the moment a brand loses its identity or abandon its core principles, then there is no point anymore.

Outside of cetain eithical practices, I have no beef with companies like Zara, H&M etc. there is a whole bunch of people who are not well off, who don't make alot of money and needs to look good in different aspects of thier lives. Someone has to provide clothes for them to wear. But when a high end brand who is about well designed and well made clothing made in limited and exclusive runs, suddenly start pandering to the masses by putting itself in the same league as mass market brands, I just dont know whats the point anymore........

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Well, the company is Diesel and it stands for black gold. Nothing shocking about this. It's just shitty.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Well, the company is Diesel and it stands for black gold. Nothing shocking about this. It's just shitty.

Well, this goes to show how primal instincts trump reason in a lot of respects. you would think that customers who are educated informed and intelligent, would suddenly say no to a brand when it does these things, giving investors a greater level of reluctance in forcing out founding designers and turning these companies into all things to all men. I am not saying this is the case at MMM because I dont know .............but then, most of our society are like mindless sheep of whom PR and marketing hirelings can sway in any direction they want with slick marketing of the very things we ought to be opposing.
                              I used to be a huge supporter of MMM because I liked what the company represented, but I haven't bought anything in years and have no interest in doing so at this point.......

In a way I kind of hate what the fashion industry has become, Helmut Lang has been laid to waste and ended up doing "Art"......Margiela has gone back to School
                              Theyskens is doing a middle market brand and Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen are CFDA designers of the year........

I see a lot of Kids spending thousands of dollars going to School to get a fashion degree, and I think to myself that this is one of the greatest ripoffs, one of the biggest scams going today............and I think so because Kanye West and the Olsens are now taken as serious players in the field, while the people of genuine talent are rendered irrelevant.

Comment

• Verdandi
                                • Mar 2012

You took the words out of my mouth, zamb.

I somehow saw this coming. There is now a diffusion line, a collaboration with Opening Ceremony and a perfume, this H&M thing seems like the next logical step.

I also cannot wrap my head around how this possible collection for H&M will look like. I suppose it could be a really watered down version like the CdG collection.

I haven't bought anything Margiela in years even though the footwear still tempts me because the tabi boots are one of the greatest pair of shoes ever made. I'd rather buy Lutz these days.
                                lavender menace

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎