X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

a leather fannypack that costs as much as two two topnotch leather jackets? seems reasonable
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• HWith
      • May 2007

I can't imagine who's gonna buy that, and why do the stores even pick it up?

Comment

• mattizzle
        • Oct 2011

anyone know why that thamanyah bag is so expensive? oO

Comment

• wurm
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by HWith View Post
          I can't imagine who's gonna buy that, and why do the stores even pick it up?
          Probably selling just one at retail makes up for the wholesale of all stock...that still means selling one at retail though.

Comment

• HWith
            • May 2007

Originally posted by wurm View Post
            Probably selling just one at retail makes up for the wholesale of all stock...that still means selling one at retail though.
            Yeah, but it'll go down to 70% discount before anyone buys it. The thing is - it's not just a horribly overpriced item. It's an ugly, downright useless and awkward horribly overpriced item. Honestly I have a hard time imagine someone buying it for €400, much less €4000.

Comment

• garbage_queen
              • Dec 2010

I think he has some kind of invisible concept - the essence of which, that at least one item from the collection cost more 6000$)))))

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

jesus... I can't see the slightest bit of logic in making <$1k tailored garments and small accessories that cost 5 times as much as any piece of clothing by the same designer. especially as those two pieces seem very ordinary, if that scarf is made of some holy lama's pubes and that generates the price, it just shouldn't be made at all. Same for the fannypack, no leather should be that expensive, and it certainly isn't the craft as its obviously a small, simple item for which the price without one zero would be more sensible. I don't get it?
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Maybe they've got the decimal point in the wrong spot.

...what's more wtf is that the scarf is sold out!
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Czx
                    • Feb 2011

That's ridiculous. I always had an impression that Thamanyah was a bit pricey but that's a whole other level. A fanny pack that's worth like what... 3 Guidi bags? That can't be serious. I would love to hear the justification behind this pricing because I can't imagine any sensible one.

^edit: Wanted to add that I would have to be literalling wiping my ass with 100$ dollar bills to pay that. But well, we all know some people do :c
                    néant
                    Last.FM paranoia
                    Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                    0 > ∞

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                      Maybe they've got the decimal point in the wrong spot.
                      that would make a lot of sense, but Degli Effetti is also selling the bag for €4000+

Comment

• garbage_queen
                        • Dec 2010

I think we should try to learn from him the very emergence of such price)))

and...

...big size for big daddies...)))

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mattizzle View Post
                          anyone know why that thamanyah bag is so expensive? oO
                          His balls are bigger than Rick's?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            that would make a lot of sense, but Degli Effetti is also selling the bag for €4000+
                            well there you have it...the entire world has lost it.

I want to meet the unicorn who provided this leather. They could have at least thrown the horn in for good measure.
                            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by merz
                              sadly manzoni's cans never actually contained any of his own shit. but up until quite recently no-one had opened them to make certain. i imagine they did not want to reduce the value of such an.. investment piece.
                              the idea is the shit
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ashamed View Post
                                on that ln-cc note. looks like it wasnt a pricing error
                                http://www.ln-cc.com/invt/tha0110012blk
                                this is one of the stupidest most wtf things i've ever seen
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎