• Show
Clear All
  • mike
    • Dec 2006

Comment

• morsto
      • Nov 2008

crazy people in denim aside
      why are people starting to use the term 'goth ninja' on all the shitty "fashion" communities suddenly. it was quite an annoying classification in 2010 and it hasn't aged well
      i assume you're from one of them, mr nero, so tell me the tale of your people
      I do not recognise the vessel,
      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Czx
        • Feb 2011

I know that fast fashion ripping off designers isn't nothing new and exciting but had a laugh. Maybe it hit me harder cause I actually own the piece :c

néant
        Last.FM paranoia
        Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
        0 > ∞

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

goth ninja 4evar
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• volta
            • May 2009

Originally posted by morsto View Post
            crazy people in denim aside
            why are people starting to use the term 'goth ninja' on all the shitty "fashion" communities suddenly. it was quite an annoying classification in 2010 and it hasn't aged well
            i assume you're from one of them, mr nero, so tell me the tale of your people
            it's worse than you think.
            it's everywhere.
            the next "hipster" for sure....

last time i stumbled upon the term? literally 10 freaking minutes ago browsing randomly.
            Last edited by volta; 09-20-2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              goth ninja 4evar
              what he said. seriously. the term is here to stay. it's pretty good if you think about it.
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• morsto
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by volta View Post
                it's worse than you think.
                it's everywhere.
                the next "hipster" for sure....
                yeah, I see more people trying to emulate the 2009 SZ vibe on the streets now than I ever did back then

by chance I stumbled on a fashion (and I use fashion loosely here) board/community that has broke basement dwellers tripping over each other in the chase of dressing such that they don't get their lunch money stolen on the daily. Even in such a place I saw style advice in the range of "you should try going goth ninja".
                I do not recognise the vessel,
                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Czx
                  • Feb 2011

I really want to know what this board you mentioned is. Please do share it with me for the higher purpose of a good laugh.

And yeah I agree. As seen in the Zara link it's creeping into fast fashion all the more agressive as well. It already has, for a good amount of time, but I see more and more influences.
                  néant
                  Last.FM paranoia
                  0 > ∞

Comment

• volta
                    • May 2009

it somewhat originated from here, or am i missing something?

Comment

• LEB
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Czx View Post
                      ...Maybe it hit me harder cause I actually own the piece :c

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...%20WITH%20HOOD
                      ugh... same... oh well.. at least it's not the long coat!
                      Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by volta View Post
                        it somewhat originated from here, or am i missing something?
                        maybe here or superfuture? but I would imagine it spread from the latter like wildfire given how broad the community is
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• blackfedora
                          • Jan 2012

[/B]QUOTE=Czx;389319]I know that fast fashion ripping off designers isn't nothing new and exciting but had a laugh. Maybe it hit me harder cause I actually own the piece :c

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...%20WITH%20HOOD[/QUOTE]

Before I looked at the link, I said quietly to myself "please don't let it be my Boris coat, not my Boris coat..." Then it turns out to a deadriner for my Rick coat. Like Czx, my heart sank a little and then sank a little further when I did the currency conversion to something I'm more familiar with. Rick should've put a couple of big stupid spikes or something on the jacket, making it tacky and less desirable to replicate...and perhaps useful for maintaining personal space while riding the metro during rush hour.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            maybe here or superfuture? but I would imagine it spread from the latter like wildfire given how broad the community is
                            styleforum, actually! i don't remember who said it.

That Zara coat, wow. Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Czx
                              • Feb 2011

Yeah, it makes me sad. I don't care about my coat being recognized as RO the slightest but this will propably make it recognized as Zara everywhere I go, not to mention I'll propably see quite a few of them around.
                              But it also makes me wonder how far can a big brand like Zara push blatant copying? If I remember the laws well you don't really have to change that much and this allows such absurd things to happen.

@Raw - I know about that. But it's the first time I don't need to do any tracing at all. And this coat is hardly older design of his, quite a recent one actually.

It actually reminded me of walking into H&M one time to see an exact replica of Diors 4 pocket leather. And well, walking in there 3 days ago to see an replica of one of the Ricks leathers, can't really name the model though. Altough when it comes to leathers it's easier to say the copy from the original, afterall it's H&M's "leather" which pretty much equals to plastic.
                              Last edited by Czx; 09-21-2012, 07:26 AM.
                              néant
                              Last.FM paranoia
                              0 > ∞

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

You would be surprised if you see a Zara piece that can't be traced back to an older designer piece lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎