• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Czx View Post
    Yeah, it makes me sad. I don't care about my coat being recognized as RO the slightest but this will propably make it recognized as Zara everywhere I go, not to mention I'll propably see quite a few of them around.
    But it also makes me wonder how far can a big brand like Zara push blatant copying? If I remember the laws well you don't really have to change that much and this allows such absurd things to happen.

Eh, don't worry about it. I don't know how things are in Poland, but here you will see these coats for 4-5 months, no more. Last spring all the design students were wearing that olive jacket with black leather contrasting sleeves, and now there isn't one of them around. Disposable fashion is disposable fashion.

That Zara styling is priceless
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Czx
      • Feb 2011

That is true, it is only a seasonal thing. I actually wonder if I'm going to see them for that long, or if even at all. Out of personal experience people might actually not bother with this coat. They seem to rather avoid such pieces here for the sake of buying something safer, more casual or more hipster oriented. After all I don't know a single person here personally who would hear about designers discussed here, yet alone own a piece. And I rarely, very rarely, see anyone dressed in such pieces. And I live in the capital with a few stores stocking this stuff, mind you. Thankfully the hipsters here are still big about plaid shirts and all that, even the amazingly rich ones.

And yeah Zara styling is amazing laugh-wise hahah
      néant
      Last.FM paranoia
      Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
      0 > ∞

Comment

• LEB
        • May 2012

I am rather suprised that Zara even put in the effort to construct that coat with the 'wedge-insert' that connects the arm and the body. (don't know the exact translation .. German: Keil-Einsatz)

Well, they -forgot- the belt.. so until this piece is out of 'fashion', I will wear mine with the waistbelt only..
        Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

• TheThief
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Last spring all the design students were wearing that olive jacket with black leather contrasting sleeves, and now there isn't one of them around.
          I remeber this!! They were everywhere I looked and then...gone.

Originally posted by Czx View Post
          But it also makes me wonder how far can a big brand like Zara push blatant copying? If I remember the laws well you don't really have to change that much and this allows such absurd things to happen.
          Trust me, no one would benefit from strict controls on these things. Lawsuits would spring up everywhere and anyone who couldnt afford a huge international lawfirm (see most of the designers we love) would be getting put out of business. I can say from experience that business law, patent and trademark laws in particular, benefit those with the deepest coffers. The fashion industry would stagnate and die.

Comment

• Czx
            • Feb 2011

That is true. I skipped that in my thoughts. I know how it works in music industry (and it's pretty much the same way ie. by strict control the music buisness would kill itself, and even the people who are the most behind it admitted that on the last conference I was on) so I do not know why I haven't thought of that. And seeing how Zara owner is how high currently on the wealthiest people of the world the outcome would be pretty obvious.

@LEB - ha, yes! That is a pretty good idea actually :)
            néant
            Last.FM paranoia
            Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
            0 > ∞

Comment

• wurm
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
              Trust me, no one would benefit from strict controls on these things. Lawsuits would spring up everywhere and anyone who couldnt afford a huge international lawfirm (see most of the designers we love) would be getting put out of business. I can say from experience that business law, patent and trademark laws in particular, benefit those with the deepest coffers. The fashion industry would stagnate and die.
              I agree with your statement but at least if that were to happen Zara wouldn't have as many sources left to copy from.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Bingo! I cannot stress this enough and I can't believe people are not more aware of this (well, I guess I can). And yesterday the senatorial judicial committee passed the bill led by that fucktard Schumer who is led by another fucktard von Fustenberg, who has VERY deep pockets (and who's famously knocked off a small Canadian designer's jacket). And the wording was exactly such as you warn above, that will only benefit those who can afford an army of lawyers. I just hope it gets voted down.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blackfedora
                  • Jan 2012

This could be placed in either the WTF or small questions thread. In the latter case I would ask if those are CCP titanium knuckled gloves that the sick/clumsy man is wearing?

Comment

• garbage_queen
                    • Dec 2010

...the feeling that he was drinking too much "BOA JUICE"...

Comment

• Verdandi
                      • Mar 2012

Big contender for ugliest shoes of the season, gotta love Milan.
                      lavender menace

Comment

• yipjam
                        • Sep 2012

Looks like something an Anime character would wear.

Comment

• Crowzer
                          • Feb 2011

There are the same without the flowers, and they are quite nice imo.

Looks like something an Anime character would wear.
                          Lot of Japanese inspiration in the SS 13 from Prada.

Comment

• avout
                            • Nov 2011

Excellent point, the last thing the fashion industry needs is legal wars over who owns the rights to the pointy hood.

And what the fuck is going on with those double-decker geta. Even anime characters have better taste.

Comment

• Uncontrol
                              • Feb 2008

That Zara coat, I don't know the original piece it is based on but I tried it on and it was really bad. Decided to bite the bullet and invest in an Attachment coat instead

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

I think the Zara high collar coat is based off Dior Homme.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎