Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shuit
    • Apr 2012

I guess this is what happens when you hand a weapons to a wrong person, not only that they wound themselves from swing it around thinking it is cool- they also influence the others in the wrong way from what the weapons is made for.

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

its this guy?

Garley

oh...wow.

i was caught somewhere between and

also....i think i'm a rogue. sounds dashing
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

why was this written like a dungeons and dragons DM guide?

i dunno, it's better than that miami dating coach fashion tips for guidos..

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

how miserable do you have to be to spend that much time on what is essentially a really poor joke..?

This
          had much more comical value
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• HWith
            • May 2007

I thought it was pretty funny and that guy has some good points - I think a lot of you are taking it all too personally. What he writes is true for the most part, if you take it with a grain on salt. The biggest problem with all of that is that it's posted on reddit, which is essentially a place for 'lower level characters', to use the guy's own words. It is pretty clear if you read the comments. I found this quite amusing though:

TrashBrown 8 points 7 hours ago:
            "Just a quick question. The classes you mentioned (rogue, fighter etc.), are they the officially recognized names for their respective looks?"

I think I'm a rogue/fighter, personally :-D

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

its tongue in cheek but he's dead serious at the same time. it is funny and there is a touch of truth in it but i'll be damned if there's not a goth ninja style guide in the sidebar on a subforum of one of the biggest websites in the world. i can't help but get pissed at that.

i hate how it perpetuates the word goth ninja which is the dumbest thing i've ever heard and i hate how it dumbs down personal style into a paint by numbers step by step on how to play dress up for bro's. and i hate how it takes something cool and makes it seem really really silly.

he forgot the first rule of sz club
              Last edited by cjbreed; 12-20-2012, 06:37 PM.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Nomad_
                • Jul 2012

thats the best part...

he's actually serious
                gonna give WoW and Starcraft a run for their
                money should this game ever exist...

Comment

• Fenix
                  • Aug 2010

I'm not a Maxfields fan by any means. However, I know feel horrible that I judged them for wanting to get rid of this guy.
                  Originally posted by hausofblaq
                  Grow up.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                    • Aug 2010

Re: the guides, why so snarky?
                    Originally posted by Patroklus
                    Better too adventurous than not enough
                    everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• noise
                      • Oct 2012

he's read so many worthwhile posts on style and aesthetics and at no point did he realize that a bloatee is the opposite of flattering?

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
                        I'm not a Maxfields fan by any means. However, I know feel horrible that I judged them for wanting to get rid of this guy.
                        I was thinking exactly the same... if this all gives any idea of his real life behaviour and sensibility, I'm not surprised if he came across as kind of a lunatic.

HWith, I'm not taking it personally because it doesn't even concern me directly, but it does concern this forum as the guy is using information such as peoples photos and posts that have been written with sincerity. He is using them to make what sort of looks like a joke / parody, but at the same time it has to be somewhat serious as he has obviously spent plenty of time on it, which makes it somewhat disturbing.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• HWith
                          • May 2007

I guess we just disagree on this. I don't see it as a joke or parody at all, but rather a way of presenting the subject in an simple, educative yet entertaining way. I actually think that, for the most part, those posts are great. Their biggest problem, as I mentioned before, is the audience. The guy is clearly serious about the things he is writing, and he is knowledgeable about he subject - although he seems to be mostly a keyboard jockey that really can't pull it off in real life.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          HWith, I'm not taking it personally because it doesn't even concern me directly, but it does concern this forum as the guy is using information such as peoples photos and posts that have been written with sincerity. He is using them to make what sort of looks like a joke / parody, but at the same time it has to be somewhat serious as he has obviously spent plenty of time on it, which makes it somewhat disturbing.

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                            I guess we just disagree on this. I don't see it as a joke or parody at all, but rather a way of presenting the subject in an simple, educative yet entertaining way.
                            agreed it's not a joke/parody. but the seriousness of this enterprise makes it much more grotesque.
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• avout
                              • Nov 2011

I'm hwith Hwith on this. The dude is being silly and nerdy because that's a language his audience understands well. I don't agree with a lot of what he's saying, but I do think his intentions are good. We all know SZ can be unfriendly and hermetic towards newcomers, and there should be a more accessible place for people to start off from. A lot of men take their first steps in fashion on MFA, and I think it's good to have stuff like this there to show them that men's clothing is not all #menswear.

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                                ...The guy is clearly serious about the things he is writing, and he is knowledgeable about he subject...
                                Is he though? I haven't heard of many of the brands he mentions, which seem to be a staple of his explanations. If you're going to do something like this, at least do your research.

...unless I'm missing the point entirely, which could easily be the case because I think this whole thing is fucking weird.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎