from above

WATCHES BITCHES AND MOZART
    SHEEEIIT
    street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Castor View Post
      This makes me so sad. Is irony all that is left?
      It's maybe a definitional thing, but irony isn't the thing that jumps out here. As Pat said it's shameless appropriation - and it's just spectacular cynicism. I used to go into YSL stores when Pilati was there and could really appreciate the clothing - the fabrics were beautiful and the quality of the finished product was very high. The clothes looked and felt "high end". I went into the Paris store last month and the clothes looked and felt like well laundered Topshop.

Comment

• ES3K
        • Oct 2008

/\ so true, sadly. I own a YSL/Pilati blazer (made in Switzerland!), the material/cosntruction/overall quality is beyond awesome.

But the sad irony is, that Hedis SLP x Topshop stuff is probably selling like hot cakes, while Pilatis super tailoring only moved in sale.

Comment

• ian+
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
          /\ so true, sadly. I own a YSL/Pilati blazer (made in Switzerland!), the material/cosntruction/overall quality is beyond awesome.

But the sad irony is, that Hedis SLP x Topshop stuff is probably selling like hot cakes, while Pilatis super tailoring only moved in sale.
          So true, everything I own from Pilati's era is top notch in terms of quality. Even the sneakers.

I doubt that they will sell so much, let's not forget that the competition in the field is huge right now with Balmain, Givenchy, Dior Homme (less).
          ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            It's maybe a definitional thing, but irony isn't the thing that jumps out here. As Pat said it's shameless appropriation - and it's just spectacular cynicism. I used to go into YSL stores when Pilati was there and could really appreciate the clothing - the fabrics were beautiful and the quality of the finished product was very high. The clothes looked and felt "high end". I went into the Paris store last month and the clothes looked and felt like well laundered Topshop.
            Bingo
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              Yes, shameless and cynical, I agree. Did you ever see the collections Alber Elbaz did for YSL?

Not so much a WTF but WOW at this ending price for YSL safari jacket from the 70's.
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Surprised it didn't go for more. Isn't this museum material?
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

I was expecting an extra zero at the end.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Without wanting to bring this up again as a point of discussion, the Raf Owens T sold out on the day they made it available.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Surprised it didn't go for more. Isn't this museum material?
                      Not really, many iterations and a lot available in vintage stores. Cool piece though...

A first iteration "le smoking" is something else.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• michael_kard
                        • Oct 2010

She even copied the staples
                        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Patroklus
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2011

kek
                          you know, looking like a colleague isn't a bad thing, if it's for the right reason - if you're mining hollywood and vionnet and dune like rick does then there's a good chance you'll come up with similar work. but it'll probably be pretty good cuz vionnet and dune are rad as fuqq
                          it's this thing where you look at rick, and then reappropriate him, that's a little silly. cuz then you are, at best, chasing after a market that he's already serving quite well and no one is gonna buy your shit.

at least wait for rick to die before you pillage his work.

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

i hope someone emailed owens corp and that guys line gets harpooned to the bottom of the shit sea.

Comment

• morsto
                              • Nov 2008

^it's a girl
                              she also, iirc, copied his wedges a couple of seasons back when every blogger girl was wearing that sort of thing
                              I do not recognise the vessel,
                              but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

Yeah, her whole career is essentially based on Rick rip-offs with superficial embellishments.

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                                kek
                                you know, looking like a colleague isn't a bad thing, if it's for the right reason - if you're mining hollywood and vionnet and dune like rick does then there's a good chance you'll come up with similar work. but it'll probably be pretty good cuz vionnet and dune are rad as fuqq
                                it's this thing where you look at rick, and then reappropriate him, that's a little silly. cuz then you are, at best, chasing after a market that he's already serving quite well and no one is gonna buy your shit.

at least wait for rick to die before you pillage his work.
                                The interesting thing about Kamila's line is that she's most likely making as much -if not more more- money than Rick's footwear sales. Her prices are pretty steep, and the designs nearly identical, so I think it has something to do with her distribution.
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎