Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHYE_POSER
    • Mar 2009

So have the Rottweilers/Dobermans become a standard print motif for the label now?

I was eager to see more of the Mapplethorpe prints. Would be interesting to see what the (in some cases homophobic) rappers and street wear kids think once they do a bit of research on the man.
    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• profondo nero
      • Aug 2012

Quite aggressive marketing..

For selling ripoffs.

Originally posted by circles View Post
      As you can see, sometimes you can get some interesting results:

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

^ oh great, the Russians really are coming.
        sain't

Comment

• Crowzer
          • Feb 2011

Wy not a Rick Owens ID (like Nike) in the future, haha.

Comment

• blackfedora
            • Jan 2012

My GF sent me this link. Read closely for effect. Apparently something to do with gizoogle...? Made me laugh though.

Comment

• interest1
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post

My GF sent me this link. Read closely for effect. Apparently something to do with gizoogle...? Made me laugh though.
              "Peep up the print publication"

Paging @Faust!
              sain't

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                • Sep 2012

i know everyone is clowning on saint laurent, but I stopped by the rodeo boutique today (they moved down the street).. its.. different. it kind of feels like an upscale forever 21. all the boring stuck up sales associates from the ysl days now look cool and skip around throwing stuff around left and right but with a smile. I have to say, it's kind of refreshing. the quality of garments is still questionable, but I like the vibe. they've at least got an atmosphere and a direction they are going in and I hate to say it, I kind of want in.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by exterminatingphantom View Post
                  i know everyone is clowning on saint laurent, but I stopped by the rodeo boutique today (they moved down the street).. its.. different. it kind of feels like an upscale forever 21. all the boring stuck up sales associates from the ysl days now look cool and skip around throwing stuff around left and right but with a smile. I have to say, it's kind of refreshing. the quality of garments is still questionable, but I like the vibe. they've at least got an atmosphere and a direction they are going in and I hate to say it, I kind of want in.
                  You want in on an upscale forever 21 vibe?

I much preferred the OG plisse detailed shiny blacks, misted white and chrome of the Hedi era NYC store with that rock vibe. A great time, but it has long passed.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• exterminatingphantom
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    You want in on an upscale forever 21 vibe?

I much preferred the OG plisse detailed shiny blacks, misted white and chrome of the Hedi era NYC store with that rock vibe. A great time, but it has long passed.
                    i knew i would set myself up for disastor.. i just meant the store layout.. where before it was very much luxe / calm / elegant, its now very wild people running around everywhere.

the employees look fucking cool though. i spoke to a couple of guys that are in bands, hired as models to work there. its like a live action lookbook. the store has a simple, upscale rocker vibe that we expect from hedi but done the way it should be done. no one is doing that anymore and it sort of made me a little nostalgic.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

I agree, there's something about what Hedi does that just makes things so damn desirable. When I go to the St. Laurent store and see the SA's I think damn I wanna be cool and dress like that and it makes me want to empty my pockets. The disconnect is the clothes themselves are pretty mundane for the price and a lot of the allure is in the vibe/photography/marketing/styling. I must say though, it's a rather intoxicating set of smoke and mirrors.
                      music

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

Wow.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by exterminatingphantom View Post
                          i knew i would set myself up for disastor.. i just meant the store layout.. where before it was very much luxe / calm / elegant, its now very wild people running around everywhere.

the employees look fucking cool though. i spoke to a couple of guys that are in bands, hired as models to work there. its like a live action lookbook. the store has a simple, upscale rocker vibe that we expect from hedi but done the way it should be done. no one is doing that anymore and it sort of made me a little nostalgic.
                          Sounds like a bloody Abercrombie and Fitch store.

I've looked at some of the product in selfridges. It was poo. Bland, boring, uninspiring etc etc etc. Topman has a more creative range.
                          As for the S.A's, no skipping or smiling, just faces like a bulldog chewing a wasp.
                          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ lmao. you never fail to deliver.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• schemedream
                              • Jan 2013

[QUOTE=Crowzer;426281]Wow.

For starters, is that a man?

I've always had a fascination with purses. What do people need to carry everyday that warrants the bag size they own? I always imagine someone pulling a tommy gun out of one and then fixing their lipstick with a compact after readjusting the outfit. dafuq is in THAT bag?

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                                Sounds like a bloody Abercrombie and Fitch store.

I've looked at some of the product in selfridges. It was poo. Bland, boring, uninspiring etc etc etc. Topman has a more creative range.
                                As for the S.A's, no skipping or smiling, just faces like a bulldog chewing a wasp.
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎