Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

so, everybody's favorite wtf sneaker, these...made it into the wtf segment of the real housewives of atlanta spinoff and fashion oriented pop culture digest fashion queens, where our fashion flexible hosts lol'd to no end on how someone's dirty old sneaker became so damn expensive. while they themselves are both sporting the latest in trashy $2k christian louboutin pumps. size 45.

and furthermore, sruli recht has been their object of ridicule....twice. for the dork whalet and the laser cut penis.

i actually thought they would like the penis but this one was a tad too conceptual rather than functional.

i only know this happened because i have seen every single episode.
    Last edited by cjbreed; 06-11-2013, 06:53 PM.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Bson
      • May 2013

@ the huge chanel bag above,

I think Lagerfeld said it was supposed to be for the beach? Like you can fit everything in it and it won't blow away with the wind... Maybe it's waterproof too? This guy doesn't look like he is going to the beach, however........ hahaha

Comment

• interest1
        • Nov 2008

well, and Karl does love the beach.

sain't

Comment

• Bson
          • May 2013

hahahaha and the gym... and short shorts?

(I like how both of these still fit the WTF theme)

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Bson View Post

(I like how both of these still fit the WTF theme)

Personally, Karl gets a free pass when it comes to design. So what if he gave the world a purse fashioned like a wagon wheel; everything the man has touched for the last 30 years has turned to gold – gold as in ching ching, there go the cash registers again.

And though I may not be a fan of his work, I am a huge fan of the cult of Karl. If you've ever watched him give an interview, you know he's impossible to dislike. I can't help but adore the man.
            sain't

Comment

• Bson
              • May 2013

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
              Personally, Karl gets a free pass when it comes to design. So what if he gave the world a purse fashioned like a wagon wheel; everything the man has touched for the last 30 years has turned to gold – gold as in ching ching, there go the cash registers again.

And though I may not be a fan of his work, I am a huge fan of the cult of Karl. If you've ever watched him give an interview, you know he's impossible to dislike. I can't help but adore the man.
              Oh, I love the bag! And Karl! I can practically recite his 'Inside the House of Chanel' video interview with HM Powell-- "BEYOND! SNOWPROOF!"

Don't get me wrong :) He's unreal

Though it is interesting how he made such a huge deal of his 'rebirth' after his diet, losing weight, with the books et al when for a good part of his adult life he was physically active to the point of having that one-piece swimsuit bod.... That's my only WTF with Karl

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I hate to say it, but kinda agree with you, M. I love his unabashed love of books.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

Not to mention that self-deprecating humor is always attractive.

And since this whole rant began with a bag, there's this one (which I think is hilarious):

Of course the fact that his cat, Choupette, has her own Twitter account
                  is the real WTF.
                  sain't

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

OK fuckit, one more.

sain't

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

Make it stooooop!

Talk about coming 'full-circle' WTF.

sain't

Comment

• fncyths
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                        When I go to the St. Laurent store and see the SA's I think damn I wanna be cool and dress like that and it makes me want to empty my pockets. The disconnect is the clothes themselves are pretty mundane for the price and a lot of the allure is in the vibe/photography/marketing/styling. I must say though, it's a rather intoxicating set of smoke and mirrors.
                        Was staying at the Cosmo in Vegas a few weeks back. After a swim and a few martini's, walked over in my dripping swim trunks to the SLP store to check it out. Flirted with the SA's, cracked some jokes, had a Pellegrino, tried on the most expensive moto I could find, snapped this selfie, and then slithered out. Unimpressed.

Originally posted by Shucks
                        it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                        Originally posted by interest1
                        I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

I remember a documentary on the old keiser (can't remember exactly which), and one scene had me creasing with laughter.

Before a fitting, he is walking around wearing his black fingerless gloves talking to those in the atelier.
                          Then it snaps to Karl at his desk, awaiting for the models to come in wearing the garments.
                          But one thing is different, the black fingerless gloves have now turned red.

We soon find out that when Karl wears the red gloves. No one is allowed to even whisper in his direction!

What a c**t. But, I somehow can't help but love him for it.
                          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• eat me
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                            Sounds like a bloody Abercrombie and Fitch store.

I've looked at some of the product in selfridges. It was poo. Bland, boring, uninspiring etc etc etc. Topman has a more creative range.
                            As for the S.A's, no skipping or smiling, just faces like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

Comment

• profondo nero
                              • Aug 2012

Utter helmets..

Comment

• fncyths
                                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by eat me View Post

[IMG] Robros [/IMG]
                                Awesome gif

Funny enough, a dear friend of mine works for those robots and while we were in the studio I did happen to notice an amazing rack of custom designs from Hedi. Absolutely stunning gear. It was pretty beautiful to see such great clothing, and realize no 'human' will probably EVER see them in person...
                                Originally posted by Shucks
                                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                                Originally posted by interest1
                                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎