X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    Hublot x Shawn Carter? Damn... even high quality timepiece labels going this route....
    Around 2005, Audemars Piguet did a 100-timepiece collection of their Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph "designed by" Jay-Z to commemorate Jay-Z's 10th anniversary as a rapper. Each of the watches was engraved with the script "Royal Oak Offshore Jay-Z 10th Anniversary" on the top and with Jay-Z's signature on the back of the case. The number 10 was set in diamonds and apparently each watch came with an iPod pre-loaded with Jay-Z's discography and engraved with a line of his lyrics. Yes, a WTF indeed. I always thought Hublot would come around to Jay-Z. I could see Jay-Z wearing their Big Bang Aero Bang All-Black II (44mm of course) while decked out in En Noir, Alexander Wang, Givenchy, and a New Era...and then name-dropping Hublot in one of his raps while alluding to the 44mm case as "the steel fo' fo'."

And wow, that Versace tv-movie is so cringeworthy...that fake accent just makes me shiver.

Onto another WTF, I'm probably very late on this but just saw an old ad - David Lynch x Dom Perignon?

Comment

• julian_doe
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
      HOLYSHITRICKOWENSGHETTOFAAAAAHBULOUS

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Why WTF? Rick did something "different"...and you're surprised? It was fucking awesome, nothing wtf about it.

bitches
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• bonejelly
          • Jul 2008

cool as it gets. awesome, Rick.

Comment

• KodakII
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
            HOLYSHITRICKOWENSGHETTOFAAAAAHBULOUS
            ...what is "GHETTOFAAAAAHBULOUS" about a step show?

Comment

• Verdandi
              • Mar 2012

I know really.
              Calling it 'ghetto', however, is what the fuck indeed.
              lavender menace

Comment

• jamokes
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                Why WTF? Rick did something "different"...and you're surprised? It was fucking awesome, nothing wtf about it.

bitches
                i've posted something similar elsewhere and don't feel like making a clever paraphrase, so i apologize if this post sounds familiar to anyone

my biggest concern here is that the main thing which is "different" and most notable in general about this season is the models

at first, i was bothered because i found their figures hard to identify with as a consumer, but i actually just realized what bothers me most about this: it's not just a distraction, it's almost a smoke screen
                the clothes themselves weren't terribly interesting or fresh in comparison to past seasons; i'm bothered because this show brought almost nothing new to the table besides chunky, "ethnic" models

i doubt rick had such intentions, but essentially, it feels like a crutch to me rather than just a way to spice up the show and be inclusive

Comment

• Crowzer
                  • Feb 2011

No more anorexic women! Great.
                  Nive move Rick.

Comment

• Verdandi
                    • Mar 2012

Yes, because as we know all models are diagnosed with anorexia nervosa.
                    Someone please comment with " REAL woman have curves!!!1" next.
                    This thread really lives up to its title today.
                    lavender menace

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

while i applaud rick for his casting choice, i feel both mens and womens ss14 shows were weak clothing wise and overshadowed with gimmicks, large ethnic models/screaming shit band from estonia. the ugly adidas sneakers, superfluous pom poms, and ill fitting clothes in the hue of burlap sack just wont do it for me, and scowling overweight models just wont do it for me either. i dont like rick because he's shocking, i like rick because his design speaks to me clearly and concise and for ss14 i simply cannot hear him.
                      Last edited by messenoire; 09-26-2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• julian_doe
                        • Mar 2013

I am not criticizing Rick's approach. In fact, I feel that both his last Women's and Men's shows have been very alternative to Paris norm, and thus refreshing. It is nice that a well known designer, as he now is, is willing to be daring and bold.

However, I have to agree with messenoire, and say that the clothing for both of these last presentations did not provoke the same admiration from me which other Rick collections have. I don't see too many new things in these shows, aside from the (in my opinion) horrible footwear.

Comment

• julian_doe
                          • Mar 2013

Oh, if I may add, saying that this presentation is "guetto" is just as vague as describing Rick's Menswear SS14 show as having featured "hardcore" music, or a "hardcore" theme". Hardcore music is a genre which pertains to bands like Wrecking Crew, American Nightmare, Struggle, SS Decontrol, etc...none of which sound ANYTHING like Winny Puhh.

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

When it starts becoming about the show, when that discussion outweighs the clothes – for any designer – it's ultimately not a success. The clothing must speak the loudest, not the concept.

A collection should never have to beg for attention.
                            sain't

Comment

• julian_doe
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                              When it starts becoming about the show, when that discussion outweighs the clothes – for any designer – it's ultimately not a success. The clothing must speak the loudest, not the concept.

A collection should never have to beg for attention.
                              Very well said, and I completely agree.

Comment

• morsto
                                • Nov 2008

every single time designers have done the stunt with getting thick models, the collections have always been subpar.
                                I'm quite disappointed in the collection but even more so that he resorts to what I consider to be a cheap publicity decision - not that I understand why people are up in arms over these girls, they look considerably worse in the clothes than the normal models would have. fo'shame
                                I do not recognise the vessel,
                                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎