• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Are you serious?!

I don't knock YKK - they can make good zippers when they want to.
    yeah dead serious, it was more than uncomfortable and i forgot that people still have that viewpoint. the response from a young girl behind the register was a poor attempt at diffusing the situation which was something akin to "i think it's been mentioned in a lot of rap songs". i'm sure she thought the answer would be satisfying to the older woman and not leave that register but it was pretty reprehensible to hear. so when witnessing that discourse, the barneys profiling stuff isnt that shocking and i think a dialog should be opened addressing the issue. c'est le vie, after that whole experience there's no reason to go back to dsm for something i can find elsewhere.

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
      yeah dead serious, it was more than uncomfortable and i forgot that people still have that viewpoint. the response from a young girl behind the register was a poor attempt at diffusing the situation which was something akin to "i think it's been mentioned in a lot of rap songs". i'm sure she thought the answer would be satisfying to the older woman and not leave that register but it was pretty reprehensible to hear. so when witnessing that discourse, the barneys profiling stuff isnt that shocking and i think a dialog should be opened addressing the issue. c'est le vie, after that whole experience there's no reason to go back to dsm for something i can find elsewhere.
      wow, this is actually shocking. I would think dsm is the place where race would never come into question. i've noticed that stores with a more "avant garde" direction attracted clientele as diverse as the designs offered, a much more accepting situation in general. This is in contrast to stores like Barneys or Bergdorf who'll carry Rick Owens but still have the guys buying Hermes and Bally and give the weird looks to the young kids coming in and checking out the products (I've been one of those young kids! This doesn't even have to do with race, maybe more of an'obvious' disparity in 'apparent' social class) I didn't think the ones with money who only respect people like themselves will find their way into a place like dsm. It's pretty disgusting actually. DSM promised a place for people from all walks of life (direct words from the buyer and manager) and it's sad that some clients didn't get the memo. "it's been mentioned in some rap songs"???? really????? this definitely belongs in the wtf thread.
      Originally posted by Faust
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

I didn't know DSM was like that.. was planning to visit in London but I never visit massive stores with the entire mass inside..then you easily get these issues also the issues with pre-judgement from employees due their experience with certain customers or something in that direction... I once visited a store don't even remember the name anymore but there also was a muslim lady with a kerchief, and the shop owner/manager whispered to one of his employees ''should I kick her out? I don't want customers to think this is our target group or we attract this kind of people'' I stood close to them, hence I heard them whispering, but seriously.. ''this kind of people'' what the fuck.
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• returningson
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by eleves View Post
          wow, this is actually shocking. I would think dsm is the place where race would never come into question. i've noticed that stores with a more "avant garde" direction attracted clientele as diverse as the designs offered, a much more accepting situation in general. This is in contrast to stores like Barneys or Bergdorf who'll carry Rick Owens but still have the guys buying Hermes and Bally and give the weird looks to the young kids coming in and checking out the products (I've been one of those young kids! This doesn't even have to do with race, maybe more of an'obvious' disparity in 'apparent' social class) I didn't think the ones with money who only respect people like themselves will find their way into a place like dsm. It's pretty disgusting actually. DSM promised a place for people from all walks of life (direct words from the buyer and manager) and it's sad that some clients didn't get the memo. "it's been mentioned in some rap songs"???? really????? this definitely belongs in the wtf thread.
          up until a couple of years ago I looked extremely young for my age (carded everywhere, asked how high school was even though I was completing college, etc). I had the same experience years back when I walked into Tom Ford LA. The guy was trying to shoe me out the door, blurting out the prices of everything ("well, this is gonna be over 2.5K so...." as if I didn't have the money to spend it). Its frustrating but it does cost them sales as I walked out and put roughly the same amount into a current season Dior suit and overcoat that I still have.

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

Right, I mean who doesn't have 2.5K to drop on a suit when they're finishing college?

I get what you mean though. The best SA's never make assumptions about a customer based on appearance. I mean, the guy who looks homeless might actually be in head-to-toe Harnden.
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Shucks
              • Aug 2010

he may in fact have sold his home to afford it.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                I didn't know DSM was like that.. was planning to visit in London but I never visit massive stores with the entire mass inside..then you easily get these issues also the issues with pre-judgement from employees due their experience with certain customers or something in that direction... I once visited a store don't even remember the name anymore but there also was a muslim lady with a kerchief, and the shop owner/manager whispered to one of his employees ''should I kick her out? I don't want customers to think this is our target group or we attract this kind of people'' I stood close to them, hence I heard them whispering, but seriously.. ''this kind of people'' what the fuck.
                I am sure you have seen this?

But don't knock DSM - they have no control over their customers thoughts DSM in London is still probably the best store in the city. Besides, the last time I was there I saw Sir Paul McCartney. And the time before I sat next to Adrian Joffee having tea with John Waters. Can't beat that.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by returningson View Post
                  up until a couple of years ago I looked extremely young for my age (carded everywhere, asked how high school was even though I was completing college, etc). I had the same experience years back when I walked into Tom Ford LA. The guy was trying to shoe me out the door, blurting out the prices of everything ("well, this is gonna be over 2.5K so...." as if I didn't have the money to spend it). Its frustrating but it does cost them sales as I walked out and put roughly the same amount into a current season Dior suit and overcoat that I still have.
                  You lost me at Tom Ford.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 550BC
                    • Jan 2013

I am sure you have seen this?

But don't knock DSM - they have no control over their customers thoughts DSM in London is still probably the best store in the city. Besides, the last time I was there I saw Sir Paul McCartney. And the time before I sat next to Adrian Joffee having tea with John Waters. Can't beat that.
                    Haha I know that article, that situation is crazy.. but it was almost similar actually, that particular store here was selling Alexander Wang,Acne but it was based in a regular street so obviously, regular people will come in.

I will visit DSM for sure, curious for the vibe there. Thats great man! bet it was a great experience by coincidence. have you visited The Library 1994? I didn't had a chance to visit last time I was in London but curious about the vibe,customer service etc. ( I don't know if I am going off topic now) probably am.
                    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

The Library is a store in which you realize that Einstein was right. I think I should leave it at that and let you make your own judgement. Let's say last two times I was in London, I did not bother to make the pilgrimage.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

If anyone makes Yoox look good it's FarFetch.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                          • Sep 2011

Weird thing is that all this stuff are a "recommendation for you" Faust, what were you looking for
                          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                            THATSTHEJOKE.JPG

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                              THATSTHEJOKE.JPG
                              I hate sarcasm on friday night, you're too cruel FMC. I'm off to bed.
                              Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Law
                                • Dec 2013

The Library is a store in which you realize that Einstein was right. I think I should leave it at that and let you make your own judgement. Let's say last two times I was in London, I did not bother to make the pilgrimage.
                                Care to elaborate?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎