• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k3mist
    • Apr 2013

a post i saw on superfuture,

Paul Harnden actually has decent brand synergy with SLP

Paul Harnden made footwear for CdG, with whom Slimane collaborated with to make furniture

whaaat? haha

Comment

• unwashed
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by e0d9n0b5 View Post
      cameron carpenter video
      Grailed link

Comment

• rickandjulius
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by e0d9n0b5 View Post
        this is the best video on the internet and if you don't think so you're wrong
        Good lord.....That hair is awful. Looks like something from a bad futuristic movie.

Comment

• Null12
          • Oct 2013

I watched the Cameron C. video posted and it was...

I googled him up because I thought it was some high quality trolling... But it turns out he has got some skills... But damn... The only thing that tops his playing is his ego.

I bet he was a hit with the kids at school.

Also, those Dior shades though~

Comment

• profondo nero
            • Aug 2012

If wendy carlos had a baby after being gangbanged by daft punk, richard hammond and phantom of the opera I guess it would be this guy lol

Comment

• PandorasFate
              • Apr 2014

Oh. My. God. I was perusing stylelikeyou under other motivation and found his "closet."

Sweet Christ on a cracker, someone get me a dsm-V and read the entry on narcissistic personality disorder, or its clinical equivalent.
              “Budget the luxuries first.”
              ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• rickandjulius
                • Feb 2014

Yep. Officially not buying geobaskets. I'll just stick with my Ramones. I don't want to sound elitist but I'd really rather not be associated with people like this.

Comment

• BodyDouble
                  • Jan 2014

^but you're totally cool with Justin Beiber, John Mayer, Lil Wayne, Randy Jackson, Fergie, Will.I.Am and countless others wearing them and all other Rick / Drkshdw stuff yeah?

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                    • Apr 2014

That carpenter guy looks like he's got good skin though...

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

what the fuck is right. that douche ruined a CLASSIC track:

and re. geobaskets. i'm actually bored with them myself (and that fucking video doesn't help... to think there was a time i actually liked pitbull...) - will wear the ones i got but not buying any new ones for a while i don't think.

Comment

• apathy!
                        • Jan 2014

That guy is extremely punchable but what I seriously don't understand is why anybody would pay for a pitbull feature in 2014? Is there some demographic I don't know of that enjoys him?

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                          and re. geobaskets. i'm actually bored with them myself (and that fucking video doesn't help... to think there was a time i actually liked pitbull...) - will wear the ones i got but not buying any new ones for a while i don't think.
                          It's only a matter of time until pop culture finally moves away from what we like here and we get it back and continue to live in our dark, brooding lil niche. I had always thought Rick and similar designers were untouchable by pop culture, I thought they just might be a little too "weird" and that was a good thing. Being wrong sucks sometimes, I hate looking at videos like that Austin Mahone bs. I cringed when I saw that picture of Yohji Yamamoto and Justin Bieber together, we all know Yohji wanted none of that.
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

Just remember what Theodor Adorno wrote: "No theory today escapes the marketplace." I doubt any idea or aesthetic today escapes either.
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                              Just remember what Theodor Adorno wrote: "No theory today escapes the marketplace." I doubt any idea or aesthetic today escapes either.
                              What year was that? So apt.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

1966, in Negative Dialectics!

He was talking about something similar to what Deleuze thought of the Idea, which is a redeployable seed which can be turned into concepts again and again. Trouble is, we can't perceive that fantastic and infinite Idea, and so need to turn it into a concept which has definite borders. For Adorno, that includes placing the then conceptualized idea into a reified commodity.

I think that what is happening here is that our conceptualization of this "aesthetic" is becoming very much threatened by the new conceptualization of the same aesthetic by the industry of popular culture. That's why people are becoming upset in this thread—those celebrities are removing the magic and mystery from it, and placing it into a one-dimensional marketplace.
                                Originally posted by philip nod
                                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎