Originally posted by interest1 View Post
      Nice tomatoes, Jude.
      looking extra fruity lol

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Cease and desist,
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Null12
          • Oct 2013

So I had to go back because I was curious about the Mahone video...

The "stylists" were confused/not present that day? Maybe they thought the back of the geobaskets would match/go with his quilted biker jacket and said "eff it" lets just shoot this video?

Comment

• Resonkuken
            • Oct 2012

Not ashamed to say I`ve gone deeper ... OK, maybe a little

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Where's that SNL v-neck skit?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LelandJ
                Banned
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Uhm, rappers took the prison aesthetic and removed it from prison and I don't see anyone blaming them.
                How is it removed when their lyrics celebrate nihilistic behavior, some of which leads them directly back to prison. If I'm not mistaken some rap even brags about doing time?

The world probably couldn't be any more fucked up than it is so I don't blame anyone for anything. Free will's an Orwellian illusion, as I mentioned before.

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                  • Jan 2014

Spend a few hours around SoHo on a given day and you'll see someone rocking Geos, or other Rick gear, in an equally "offensive" manner. Hell if you're lucky, you might even catch someone marginally famous.

The clothes don't make the man people, the man makes the clothes. It's easy and redundant to throw stones at the former. A person either has style or they don't and if they would have put that new Bieber in a pair of Margielas instead, the kid still won't have a sense of style to call his own.

Find a way to open your heart chakras or something and move on if you don't like what somebody, famous or otherwise, is wearing. I feel like this thread is stuck in the Seinfeld episode where they riff on Jackie O's "grace" for the majority of it.
                  "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• ian+
                    • Dec 2011

fyi asap has a stylist. I do not know to what extent he intervenes though.

source
                    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• other_animals
                      • Mar 2012

Nice tomatoes, Jude.
                      I mean, i still would though...
                      #sorrynotsorry

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by #ruin View Post
                        geobaskets are based on nike dunks, not sure why on earth any of you are taken aback by the likes of pitbull etc wearing them when it's a shoe that has been associated with hip hop culture for years.

hip hop culture has also been championing long tees since it started, so rick's long tees fit right in. sagging pants from hip hop culture started the whole designer drop crotch trend & rick sure loves them too. the list goes on, how could some of you have not seen this coming? baffling. a lot of celebrities were already wearing something close to the "rick silhouette" before the brand even existed, simply because a lot of what he designed is based on what they were wearing.
                        While this is true we always forget to add that Rick is inspired by streetwear/hip hop style like black drag queens Voguing are inspired by runway shows. It's sorta interesting when the initial, dominant culture picks up the defiant appropriation by the marginalized as a renewed marker of dominance.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

Cease and desist,

Fine. But not until I show some cleavage.

p.s. Anybody remember this?

sain't

Comment

• kuriz
                            • Nov 2010

^

I'm tired after working all night but for a second there I thought the boxes at the bottom was small old apartments and mr. Law was some sort of giant Godzilla figure thinking of what to destroy next

Comment

• newp
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                              So who decides who's allowed to wear what? Should the source of inspiration be allowed to be part of the evolution, or is that strictly for people looking outside and in? If we are drawing lines in the sand, I'd say that people like Kanye and ASOP Rocky are more entitled to wear something like the Geobasket for the sole reason that they have a deeper connection (at least if you look at it superficially) to the origin of the design than the majority of people posting on SZ.
                              In a civilized world a part of which I consider our e-community here: only a person itself and clothes this person wears. Somewhere outside you could easily be beaten by wearing a wrong "tribal mark" by members of another "tribe". Sometimes you could be clueless to this fact.

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                              And I solemnly agree with the bolded part of your post. But to me that also means that you should put up and shut up. Too many turn this 'we're-wearing-those-brands-and-you-are-not-thing' into an identity of its own, which isn't any better than wearing it because it indicates wealth or status, it's just different. You should wear what you wear because it brings out your identity, not the other way around. My 5 cents anyway.
                              Once again, society creates these tribal marks by itself. And the situation when clothes which are supposed to bring out my identity are covered by a society slapped-over mark of their new opinion on these clothes and a person who wears it is a situation I'd like to avoid by any means possible while still wearing my clothes.
                              I suck at expressing my thoughts properly, my apologies.

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                                fyi asap has a stylist. I do not know to what extent he intervenes though.

source

When Asap was coming up he was talking about fashion even then. I doubt he had a stylist back then.
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎