Clear All
  • newp
    • Feb 2013

Eleves's signature is priceless.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I'm just saying, when I click on something on sz, I want to know its worth the click. I have enough garbage in my head as it is.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

The athletic sandals trend is the ghastliest thing since crocs. That fashion people are embracing it is so farcical.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LelandJ
          Banned
          • Apr 2014

Think I saw some of those sandals in WAYWT a few hours ago.

Comment

• apathy!
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            The athletic sandals trend is the ghastliest thing since crocs. That fashion people are embracing it is so farcical.
            Can you give an example of "athletic sandals"? Do you mean the Bernhard Willhelm x Camper ones?

Comment

• 550BC
              • Jan 2013

or maybe the Nike Benassi flip flops that every normcore blogger is wearing with socks
              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by apathy! View Post
                Can you give an example of "athletic sandals"? Do you mean the Bernhard Willhelm x Camper ones?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 550BC
                  • Jan 2013

lol Jean Paul Paula. he is from Amsterdam, but think he works most of the times in Paris, and yes Faust I agree this shit is fucking horrible
                  a fish out of water dies

Comment

• k3mist
                    • Apr 2013

well im not sure about the school girl socks in that pic but generally i love the athletic sandals with/without socks..especially like this

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

As soon as the sun is shining people where I live exchange their Nikes for Birkenstocks, both women und men, and when the sun is going down they are dancing to ugly eighties hairmetal stuff with their tote bags and trucker caps. Bad taste became fashion and the other way round. Irony killed all personality. Seriously, how do I listen to music ironically? Drugs?

Comment

• Landadel
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2014

I think there´s a way to listen to music ironically, at least if it´s the music you grew up with. When you were sitting in the backseat of the car while driving to the supermarket with your parents and of course they listened to the radio where they´d play songs you´d like but mostly you didn´t like at the time. Looking back ("over my shoulder...") some of these songs are actually quite nice, but you couldn´t appreciate them back then. Some of them are over-the-top corny, but you´ll listen to them, because they´ll remind you of being a kid.
                        But I think that´s something different than what you mean, DRRRK.

BTT:
                        I think it´s weird how bloggers and hypebeasts will wear these horrible Adidas sandals – here in Germany people only wear them when going to the public pool or to a bad-taste party.
                        The ones that actually wear them, because they like them, are rednecks (pair the sandals with an adidas tracksuit, a mullet, a goldchain and a white wifebeater to archive the look).

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

If you grew up with certain songs, no matter if you like them or not, you have certain connections to that song, that is usually not irony. If you hear a song you hated when you were a kid and are able to listen to it now in full by being ironic or just by being reminded of good old times, I can't follow anymore. For music: shit remains shit.

I tried to tell younger friends what is so bad about Journey and Winger by saying that in ten years time others will think Nickelback are cool and they did not get it. They all hate U2 though.

You are from Germany obviously. Now picture what we called "Asi" in the past: Wifebeater, trucker cap, leggings, tattoos everywhere, beer belly, neon coloured sneakers, asipalme (!)... when people want to look like homeless or poor people still do, i don't doubt that the "Adilette" will be where Birkenstocks are already..

Comment

• j100000
                            • May 2014

I have nike sandals and I only wear them when I drop off my kid at daycare, Im still wearing my pj's LOL luckily the daycare is right across the road

Comment

• apathy!
                              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                              Seriously, how do I listen to music ironically? Drugs?
                              You don't. No one does.

I'm pretty sure this is a myth perpetuated by people who don't understand that others have different taste to them.

What is some music that people lsiten to ironically?

Comment

• DRRRK
                                • Aug 2009

Don't you know bad taste parties? The concept behind these is just: Irony. Come to Germany. As mentioned before, people are having a laugh looking at 80s hairmetal videos. These songs get played in clubs (which I should avoid...) on request by the same people. I highly doubt that music regarded as shit in the past by most is now loved, or that one can listen to this stuff at home alone. It's a herd thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎