Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jap808
    • Dec 2012

Going to the gym, sometimes I wear my black LA Raiders oversized t-shirt from Russel Athletic with bigh white-n-silver numbers and stripes, minimal since it has no raiders logo (bought almost 17-18 years ago): never realized before how it looks ghetto-gothic Givenchy-HBA...

Comment

• Aurum
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
      thefatjewish was onto something today:

http://instagram.com/p/r0T_MajuFc/?modal=true
      Contrasting salvage denim + trainers. Let's hope this doesn't catch on in the Midwestern states.

Oh, wait....

Comment

• j100000
        • May 2014

Originally posted by newp View Post
        Today I learned k-pop idols wear a lot, and I mean A LOT of HBA, and of course their fans (which audience is unbelievable large and dedicated for my understanding) start to wear it too. Unfortunately, mostly fakes, since it's really easy to knock off: and there are a lot of websites selling HBA/Pyrex/so-called ghetto-gothic style clothes specifically aimed at k-pop fans audience.
        Same thing is sadly happening to Thom Browne

Comment

• guardimp
          • Jun 2010

That k-pop icons are wearing his clothes? His stuff doesn't seem so simple to knock off, with the super high quality. It's not like he just screen-printed some logos onto shirts and called it a day.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
            That k-pop icons are wearing his clothes? His stuff doesn't seem so simple to knock off, with the super high quality. It's not like he just screen-printed some logos onto shirts and called it a day.
            No but that little grosgrain strip or whatever of the blue/white/red can and is often replicated.

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

Yeah I have been seeing knock-off Thom Browne stuff here for a couple years, although most people aren't necessarily buying it because they think it is Thom Browne or even know who he is. It's just that little grosgrain strip slapped on various things.

Comment

• j100000
                • May 2014

Ive seen Zara do the same with one of his shirts, but yes whatever k-pop icons wear reaches a certain audience of teenie boppers

on another note:

Last edited by j100000; 08-18-2014, 10:52 PM. Reason: add without spamming

Comment

• eleves
                  • Sep 2012

The popularity of brands like Hood By Air is also fascinating to me. HBA is leader of the group of brands that have just moved so far past ridiculousness that a larger mass of people are no longer afraid of looking stupid. Brands like HBA, Eckhaus Latta, Telfar, even Juun J., which isn't that bad but still pretty bad at times, these brands are built on that nonexistent fear now. I'm all for the next level avant garde, that's where these brands that we like started to grew out of, Rick Owens was OUT THERE but there is a level beyond that now! It's a scary place where the avant garde that we know fears to tread, and HBA is a self aware entity that exists in that space, laughing at all of us BBS warriors because we just don't get it, we aren't on that next level. There are some things that a lot of designers bind to the runway, they use it to make their shows interesting and to make a "show" of their collection, but with these brands HBA, Eckhaus, Telfar, etc; people literally wear those pieces outside. If half a shirt with 10 ropes and 40 zippers on it goes down the runway at HBA, that shit is being worn outside by people. I've seen this! Has anyone ever stood on line or passed by the Opening Ceremony sample sale line? It's hard to believe what you see. I It's crazy, and we laugh at it (I definitely laugh or stare in awe) but I am still caught up in what fashion progression/evolution has become and is becoming and it's quite the spectacle to behold.
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• j100000
                    • May 2014

I think we should start a HBA thread, it pops up in the WTF thread way too often

Comment

• 550BC
                      • Jan 2013

Thom Browne already reached the hypebeast audience in 2010 when they collaborated with Supreme.

HBA thread on SZ will never happen
                      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• eleves
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by j100000 View Post
                        I think we should start a HBA thread
                        Blasphemy
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• j100000
                          • May 2014

For talking shit purposes only...

Comment

• profondo nero
                            • Aug 2012

fw14: 'fuccboism'

Comment

• j100000
                              • May 2014

do they really have to use geobaskets

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

on this roll...
                                here's more what i call "Cali goth" equal parts Lad Musician, Rick Owens, Odyn Vovk and Axl Rose w/ a little hombre in there, just fuckin so not able to rise above it's influences. and if u think this is funny check the prices.

Fear of God's Third Collection hit the web today, showing a concise maturation of the ideas

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎