X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
    what is the issue with it? I have a leather worker jacket and the lining on it is fucked up, it doesn't seem to align with the jacket itself and makes the other side of the front twist weirdly when worn open. probably not difficult to fix but still
    sure it's not intentional?

i like the skewed construction on some of my stuff... it throws people off a bit.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

That would be very strange
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

i know some people who don't understand that lots of drkshdw pieces are SUPPOSED to be asymmetric and twist around the body.. but yeah i wouldn't expect that in a worker jacket.

since i don't really know what kind of construction detail/mistake you are referring to, i just thought i would just ask. i know u are usually on point when it comes to these issues.

maybe worth taking it to a tailor to have it sorted out? these little things can be very annoying. (and yes, i know that life really should be about bigger issues, but whatever...)

Comment

• Tolley
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
          "look at this, it isn't stitched the way the tailor's textbook says to stitch things - it's crap!"

- any tailor i've ever been to, ever.
          Take it to a retailer that sells Rick. I work at a "non-affiliated boutique" but our tailors are used to the craziest stuff. Like try fucking altering Alaia dresses…

Comment

• BlacknWhite
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
            really? why?
            Those students can ask him plenty of questions about both the music and garment industry. The struggle of being a brand, especially a high end brand in an overseas market, which he's tried to do, the factories and their inflated prices, what it's like backstage, etc.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
              since i don't really know what kind of construction detail/mistake you are referring to, i just thought i would just ask. i know u are usually on point when it comes to these issues.

maybe worth taking it to a tailor to have it sorted out? these little things can be very annoying. (and yes, i know that life really should be about bigger issues, but whatever...)
              yea I probably didn't explain it very well. There is actually excess material in the cotton lining on one side in the front, and its also slightly slanted compared to the leather, so the lining bunches up and slightly pulls the jacket and it keeps flapping open on its own very easily unless the buttons are closed. Took me a while to figure out why its like this but when I turned it upside down I realized whats wrong. Shouldn't be difficult for a tailor to fix, just need to undo the lining on one side and straighten it.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• stagename
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                yea I probably didn't explain it very well. There is actually excess material in the cotton lining on one side in the front, and its also slightly slanted compared to the leather, so the lining bunches up and slightly pulls the jacket and it keeps flapping on its own very easily unless the buttons are closed.
                Excess material was an issue in my jacket as well, combined with high armpit that put a lot of stress on one particular seam as previously mentioned, and rather cheap leather were the main criticisms.

Comment

• Tolley
                  • Apr 2014

Not sure if there are any other SZ members in Boston (outside of my roommate), but I finally snapped a picture of what I think is Ann Demeulemeester painted on the window of a framing/print store. It's in Brookline specifically. IT'S SO WEIRD.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ Would you stop posting, please? You are becoming the poster boy (pun intended) for this thread. Read more, post less, come back when you have something to say that others want to hear.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• apathy!
                      • Jan 2014

ANN DEMEULEMEESTER IS FOLLWOING ME

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

When you remove your pants, don't let this be the first thing she sees.

sain't

Comment

• Tolley
                          • Apr 2014

Oh come on Fausty, if you saw a mural of Rick in a small suburb you'd be confused too!

Comment

• ambrosian
                            • Dec 2012

Big D is watching
                            street goth extraordinaire

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Tolley View Post
                              Fausty
                              Welp.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Too late...
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎