Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k3mist
    • Apr 2013

yup, saw the some/remainder of the collection today.
    i actually liked some of the jackets/hoodies. made well for the price.
    couldn't buy it of course, not sure how this is selling out..the WANG embossings that large is a horrible idea.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Already saw some schmuck wearing the hat and carrying two large shopping bags with that shit.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkbydesign
        • Sep 2010

Yeah, those ads blow my mind. The ads are all over the NRQ and 456 subway cars (probably all cars) and I obsess over the photos every morning. (not in a good way)

To me, we question these, but I don't understand how any of the H&M shit works, though I guess it just gives the average shopaholic a reason to wait in line for a new "jewel" for their "I will never wear this in a million years" closet. OR, maybe this shit is selling like hot cakes on Ebay, which happened with the Cavalli shit at H&M back in the day, which made no sense, but definitely happened. Can't wait to see Rick x H&M, which probably will happen one day. When you've got Gaultier x Target (not that Gaultier is necessarily awesome, but he had some serious couture work back in the day), anything could happen.

And for anyone who thinks people wouldn't work out in this shit. I've seen people working out in Rick Owens clothes many times, which makes me want to puke. #pretentious

Comment

• Vinyl Only
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
          Move over Rihanna, we all know who the original trendsetter was...

Cant let this one go by unnoticed... Hahahaaha.

Comment

• naturalalmonds
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
            I've seen people working out in Rick Owens clothes many times, which makes me want to puke. #pretentious
            Doesn't Rick himself work out in his clothes? :)
            I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• Lohikaarme
              • Jul 2013

Dunno about you guys but I would wear the WANG beanie just because it's funny.

Comment

• nicelynice
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                Dunno about you guys but I would wear the WANG beanie just because it's funny.
                Is Alexander Wang that big of a name? Or are the majority of the sales being driven by the novelty seeing WANG in block letters? I haven't heard much from him since a couple years ago during sweatshop allegations and when he took over at Balenciaga, but the amount of press this H&M collection seems to be getting is staggering. Regardless, seems like a huge coup for someone's marketing department...

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
                  Is Alexander Wang that big of a name? Or are the majority of the sales being driven by the novelty seeing WANG in block letters? I haven't heard much from him since a couple years ago during sweatshop allegations and when he took over at Balenciaga, but the amount of press this H&M collection seems to be getting is staggering. Regardless, seems like a huge coup for someone's marketing department...
                  For those vaguely fashion aware I would say Alexander Wang is a pretty big name. He's name dropped a lot and a lot of my (city) female friends mention him every so often. Personally I think more people would want to wear it for the WANG novelty than actually believing that it's specifically Alexander Wang.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
                    Doesn't Rick himself work out in his clothes? :)
                    Yeah, I don't get it. Essentially half of my wardrobe is gym wear and I am going to go out and invest in more with a different label on it? I always work out in my Rick stuff.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• newp
                      • Feb 2013

Rick tanktops (not too long ones) are amazing for a gym, but most of his pants/shorts aren't. Dropcrotch isn't comfortable at all, at least for my gym routine.

Comment

• 550BC
                        • Jan 2013

I don't see the point of working out in rick gear, when you have cheaper alternatives that are even more focussed and sustainable for working out.
                        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by newp View Post

Rick tanktops (not too long ones) are amazing for a gym, but most of his pants/shorts aren't. Dropcrotch isn't comfortable at all, at least for my gym routine.
                          I'll have to remember that when I'm in the mood for squats and jumping jacks. Brilliant.
                          sain't

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by nicelynice;475886[B
                            ]Is Alexander Wang that big of a name?[/B] Or are the majority of the sales being driven by the novelty seeing WANG in block letters? I haven't heard much from him since a couple years ago during sweatshop allegations and when he took over at Balenciaga, but the amount of press this H&M collection seems to be getting is staggering. Regardless, seems like a huge coup for someone's marketing department...
                            Are you joking? Every fashion student's dream is to be Alexander Wang.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                              Yeah, those ads blow my mind. The ads are all over the NRQ and 456 subway cars (probably all cars) and I obsess over the photos every morning. (not in a good way)

To me, we question these, but I don't understand how any of the H&M shit works, though I guess it just gives the average shopaholic a reason to wait in line for a new "jewel" for their "I will never wear this in a million years" closet. OR, maybe this shit is selling like hot cakes on Ebay, which happened with the Cavalli shit at H&M back in the day, which made no sense, but definitely happened. Can't wait to see Rick x H&M, which probably will happen one day. When you've got Gaultier x Target (not that Gaultier is necessarily awesome, but he had some serious couture work back in the day), anything could happen.

And for anyone who thinks people wouldn't work out in this shit. I've seen people working out in Rick Owens clothes many times, which makes me want to puke. #pretentious
                              Just like any marketing works.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aya1293
                                • Apr 2013

I think the "rocco" bag put his name out their for most girls. So many celebrities were carrying them when they debuted like what 1-2 or more years back? And there still selling the bag to this day in stores!

I think collaborations are good for people who can't afford actual brand named items though.. I mean I was a uni student before too.. we can't all be buying guidi, paul harnden, CCP etc.

But if I was a poor uni student who could afford it, I wouldn't wear this... I would rather wear nike gear to gym in too...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎