X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syed
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by aya1293 View Post
    I think collaborations are good for people who can't afford actual brand named items though..
    I think sales, second hand and auctions are good for people who can't afford the designer's work they want. The collaborations are for people who care about the name and not the clothes.
    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• aya1293
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by syed View Post
      I think sales, second hand and auctions are good for people who can't afford the designer's work they want. The collaborations are for people who care about the name and not the clothes.
      That's true.

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by syed View Post
        I think they care about the design, uu had some nice designs. But fuck that, fast fashion is an unnecessary evil.

I'm that asshole that lifts in a Rick tank and DRKSHDW swingers. Activewear seems to me to be mostly marketing anyways except shoes.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• gregor
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Are you joking? Every fashion student's dream is to be Alexander Wang.
          I'd hope fashion students have higher ambitions than that.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I hope for world peace, but the reality keeps messing me with me.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• YTheLastMan
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              I hope for world peace, but the reality keeps messing me with me.

I saw some girl at Starbucks yesterday around 8:45AM with a huge WANG beanie. Must have been first in line. Absolutely brutal.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                I've seen people working out in Rick Owens clothes many times, which makes me want to puke. #pretentious
                with all the shit in this thread, that's the most offensive thing you can think of? I can see someone thinking it's a bad idea because it's expensive etc, but puke-worthy?

For the record its not my gym gear of choice but I've worn my basket shorts a few times when I didn't find my usual ones. But if someone wants to wear it, who cares... At least the clothes are getting used.

Originally posted by newp View Post
                Rick tanktops (not too long ones) are amazing for a gym
                Amazing, how? If you are talking about the sheer ones, don't they feel annoying against sweaty skin as they're tight and clingy? And do people actually wear them without layering? Not a good look imo
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

Really have to agree. I can't imagine working out in Rick, just seems kind of inhibiting and pointless. I'm not trying to impress anyone in the gym with my fashion choices; just seems a bit grandiose, really.

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    Amazing, how? If you are talking about the sheer ones, don't they feel annoying against sweaty skin as they're tight and clingy? And do people actually wear them without layering? Not a good look imo
                    Indeed, I have to correct myself, DRKSHDW cotton ones. Any silk/viscose blend or unstable cotton would be awful.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                      • Jul 2013

FWIW, I lift at home so it's really just for my own pleasure and not to stunt on gym rats. Unstable cotton scalloped tank, I barely notice the shirt is there because it's so thin, and "miserable" swinger shorts, not restrictive in the least, even for squats. I don't sweat much when I lift, unless it's hot, in which case I just go shirtless. Really it doesn't wear out the shorts any quicker than if I bought some synthetic made in China bullshit for those 30 minutes instead, so why not?
                      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• jippos
                        • Mar 2007

Lowrey, I don't think it's a contest of posting the "most offensive" thing one can think of. It's just what the fuck. And I agree, that for me, it's what the fuck. I have a strong stomach, though, so it doesn't make me want to puke.

with all the shit in this thread, that's the most offensive thing you can think of? I can see someone thinking it's a bad idea because it's expensive etc, but puke-worthy?

For the record its not my gym gear of choice but I've worn my basket shorts a few times when I didn't find my usual ones. But if someone wants to wear it, who cares... At least the clothes are getting used.

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

A bit of a head-scratcher for me, too.. envisioned myself getting carted off for indecent exposure before completing the first set.

I think I'll stick to working out in Rick from the ankles, down.
                          sain't

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                            I'd hope fashion students have higher ambitions than that.
                            I hope you realize a lot of fashion students never even make it to what he's accomplished, even if they're financially secured.

The H&M collab was actually quite nice for what it is. I don't like any branding slapped all over the place, no matter what the name is, but to associate his last name with something else is just so fucking immature and stupid of some people.

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
                              I hope you realize a lot of fashion students never even make it to what he's accomplished, even if they're financially secured.

The H&M collab was actually quite nice for what it is. I don't like any branding slapped all over the place, no matter what the name is, but to associate his last name with something else is just so fucking immature and stupid of some people.
                              which is throw-away junk, with stupid loud branding, made by people working very long hours, in dangerous factories, making almost no money.

fuck that talentless rich kid. he and h&m suck wang.

Comment

• ian+
                                • Dec 2011

...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡