X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Yes, peasant, we've discussed it here some pages back.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
      • Jan 2007

I'm a bit surprised at the negative reactions Bergfabel is getting on here. The accusation of being a Harnden knockoff is ridiculous, anyone who has ever been to Südtirol will recognize where the shapes of the garments (and even the fabrics to some extent) come from. Even the brand's name implies that it's romanticising the traditional clothes of that region. A brand can't claim intellectual ownership of a historical thing just because they're the first to make an expensive version of it for rich people overseas. And that aside, the two are not even THAT similar when you get a chance to see Bergfabel's product in person.

It's funny that people are calling Klaus a copycat, yet don't hesitate to praise any and all Carpe Diem knockoffs.
      Originally posted by jogu
      i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

When I saw Bergfabel at Hotoveli, I thought they got Harnden and I was five feet away from the garments. A bit of wishful thinking on your part there, buddy.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• blackswan
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
          I'm a bit surprised at the negative reactions Bergfabel is getting on here. The accusation of being a Harnden knockoff is ridiculous, anyone who has ever been to Südtirol will recognize where the shapes of the garments (and even the fabrics to some extent) come from. Even the brand's name implies that it's romanticising the traditional clothes of that region. A brand can't claim intellectual ownership of a historical thing just because they're the first to make an expensive version of it for rich people overseas. And that aside, the two are not even THAT similar when you get a chance to see Bergfabel's product in person.

It's funny that people are calling Klaus a copycat, yet don't hesitate to praise any and all Carpe Diem knockoffs.

Haven't seen such a copycat for a long time .Even 10 Sei 0 Otto has some unique pieces among replicas ,but this...You must be kidding

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
            Right, that's what I'm confused about. My house is a mix between hardwood floors and carpet in other areas, so it doesn't make sense to wear shoes around the house. Especially in the winter, if your shoes/boots are muddy as hell. One could argue that you could take your boots off in the winter, but then you wear your shoes around the house for the rest of the year so going bare feet or wearing slippers would just result in walking in all that dirt trekked in from your shoes.
            1) You wash the floors
            2) You wash your shoes
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post

i've ran into the stuff in two different countries, and im going to have to agree it's fundamentally more utilitarian than paul's jackets, the shape is a little boxier, the sleeves a little wider, it's certainly a different animal.
              Originally posted by unwashed
              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
              Originally posted by Ahimsa
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post

When I saw Bergfabel at Hotoveli, I thought they got Harnden and I was five feet away from the garments. A bit of wishful thinking on your part there, buddy.
                Michael brought that label in? Why am I not surprised?
                sain't

Comment

• volta
                  • May 2009

shoes at home? get civilized you fucking animals. why would you bring the filth from outside which you're trying to avoid by putting on some foot condoms in the first place?

it's cultural, mental, depends on the type of building etc, but your own home is a sanctuary; a protection from the filth outside. i'm not talking microscopic since it's pretty much unavoidable, but visible crap (unfortunately sometimes literally). freaking mutts.

Originally posted by Rei View Post
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maison-Marti...item3cecfd15b6

Seriously? I get distressing and all but this is way over the top...
                  might as well skip wearing pants completely. you could do something "alright" (layering) with them but most would just do it wrong so it ends up an insult to eyes everywhere either way.

edit; scratch that, way too distressed and tacky.
                  Last edited by volta; 12-01-2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Rei
                    • Oct 2011

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by volta View Post
                      shoes at home? get civilized you fucking animals. why would you bring the filth from outside which you're trying to avoid by putting on some foot condoms in the first place?

it's cultural, mental, depends on the type of building etc, but your own home is a sanctuary; a protection from the filth outside. i'm not talking microscopic since it's pretty much unavoidable, but visible crap (unfortunately sometimes literally).
                      #psychopath

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

lol

5char

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Rei View Post
                          http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maison-Marti...item3cecfd15b6

didn't know mmm did work with julius, rick, and pugh

Comment

• eat me
                            • May 2009

completely agree with volta re shoes inside.

But then again, some people throw away things on the street instead of waiting to see a rubbish bin .

Comment

• galia
                              • Jun 2009

I think most people should chill. if you wipe your shoes before coming in, don't live in a particularly dirtifying environment, and clean your house semi-regularly, then I don't see the problem honestly.

and anyway, a little grime isn't going to kill you + if you have a pet that renders the whole point moot to begin with. unless you make your pet wear shoes outside or you clean its paws whenever it comes in, but then I pity your pet even more than I pity you...

Comment

• Resonkuken
                                • Oct 2012

Some people here would freak out if they came to any house in Argentina. I take off my shoes at times when I´m at home but it´s not a daily thing, and most people probably never do it, maybe for comfort but I don´t think they´re thinking about all the germs they´re bringing from outside. At times this is pretty bad because people even go to someone else´s house if it´s raining outside and they´ve got mud all over their shoes, so it´d be nice if the "no shoes inside" were to translate here. Wishful thinking, though, since society is a few steps behind on a bunch of issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎