Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadboy
    • Jul 2013

Screenshot from a new CBC show that premiered tonight. I chuckled.

Comment

• GucciAmen
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
      Screenshot from a new CBC show that premiered tonight. I chuckled.

Haha! Which show is this? Rick is getting some Canadian publicity .

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

I usually don't like to make fun of other people's listings, but this made me LOL.
        Searching for Olive long sleeve shirt? We’ve got Alexander Wang Men's Tops starting at $27 and plenty of other Men's Tops. Shop our selection of Alexander Wang today!
        music

Comment

• Lohikaarme
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by casem View Post
          I usually don't like to make fun of other people's listings, but this made me LOL.
          http://www.grailed.com/listings/5108...g-sleeve-shirt
          Ain't nothing.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
            Can you kindly point me to this wonderful text? Honestly the carpe diem peeps can't be accused of having done too much communication. Magazine articles may have done so but even websites are usually relatively direct.

And NOTHING can beat one of these "bring of pop of colour to your outfit with this amazing Balenciaga purple shirt, timeless classics with a twist will impress her on the first date." school of bullshit.
            Hear hear
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• naturalalmonds
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
              Haha! Which show is this? Rick is getting some Canadian publicity .
              Schitt's Creek. No, seriously. It's created by Eugene Levy and his son (the one in Rick). His character is referred to by the CBC as Levy's "uber hipster son"

It's about an out of touch family of rich snobs losing all their money and having to move to a backwoods hick town.
              I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• BodyDouble
                • Jan 2014

wow thats a great cast. Nice to see Catherine O Hara and Chris Elliott in more stuff.

Comment

• Null12
                  • Oct 2013

This may make some new interesting additions in the "Strangers Reaction to your Clothes" thread...

Comment

• deadboy
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by BodyDouble View Post
                    wow thats a great cast. Nice to see Catherine O Hara and Chris Elliott in more stuff.
                    It is a great cast, and they're the main reason I'll give the show a couple more episodes rather than giving up right away... first one was more misses than hits (my biggest laugh was seeing a 30-year-old running around like a bratty teen in Rick).

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                      Yeh to be fair for them, i mean the description is simply selling a translatable brand value to a clientele whom would normally be buying a more traditional luxury product.
                      I'm sure thats the case, but that doesn't really make it any less tacky.

speaking of which, this might be the best yet:

Originally posted by Harvey Nichols
                      The king of grunge chic, American designer Rick Owens mixes ultra modern metropolitan panache with themes found in the darkest fairy tales. His designs hint at the avant-garde, are cut to perfection and convey his signature rebellious aesthetic. Now based in Paris, Owens provides edgy collections for both men and women. Leather is favoured, as is evident in his iconic biker jackets – a modern wardrobe essential. Blending luxury with mystery, the Rick Owens uniform is that of the shadowy urbanite.
                      BARF.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

DonĀ“t forget to have the new Monocle and a glass of red wine by your side when browsing Mr.Porter, it enhances the experience. :D
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ I lol'ed
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Without Monocle, I wouldn't even know about the €500 Bottega polo shirt I'm about to cop!

seriously though, I've purchased from Mr Porter once and the experience was quite off putting. I got a total of 6 e-mails following the order, then I was added to their mailing list without consent. The package had a kilo of wrapping paper and cheap looking Mr. Porter pocket square as a gift, which I sent back when returning one of the two items I ordered. Following the order, I received more spam mail, even physical mail to home! I'm sure someone (their monocle reading, brioni wearing, €200 fashion swim trunk buying clientele?) appreciates all this crap but I don't...
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• darkbydesign
                              • Sep 2010

^I mean, yeah, their marketing is really poor, but I have had nothing but great service from them. They have delivered various times to my place in like 6 hours from when I placed the order and I honestly don't even know how that happens. (but it's great when you really want something) Nicely packed in a garment bag every time and yeah, the pocket square isn't something I want, but then I don't really want anything that any retailer puts in the package for free. I think it's more of a gesture than meant to be a real gift. I guess I've had nothing but top notch service from them here.

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                                • Feb 2014

a funny read - a day in the life of Karl Lagerfeld's favourite male model

my favourite quote: "i hate ugly people, they're so depressing".

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎