X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Didn't Faun have blue balls from chasing the maidens?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      fyi ur own post just now in waywt made me cringe pretty bad but only telling u now to make a point. so maybe, u know, take it easy on how people look in photos?

The leather on leather dude looks ridiculous, rickandjulius looked fine. I don't really see how that picture could make anyone "cringe pretty bad"...
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• GucciAmen
        • Sep 2014

I don't think there was anything wrong with rickandjulius' fit either... Pretty standard outfit if you ask me. The poor guy being critiqued just doesn't look good in mismatched rick, and the headpiece paired with the collar over half his face isn't helping haha. And kudos to rickandjulius for trying to keep the WAYWT thread alive .

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
          The leather on leather dude looks ridiculous, rickandjulius looked fine. I don't really see how that picture could make anyone "cringe pretty bad"...

1. looking "ridiculous" is not a bad thing, especially if you were to ask rick himself. criticizing two of rick's best customers for going "all out" and "always" looking "terrible" is missing the point completely. the brand itself and the designs are campy, loud and 'ridiculous' and that IS the point. you wanna tone it down? you wanna look like a straight as fuck white guy? buy LUC or some shit like that.

2. criticizing others for being too much while posting 'fun' photos of urself in a zorro-style mustache and ur gf throwing gang signs on sz makes your criticism even more ignorant. why not just be a bit more gentle - we all misjudge how we look ourselves sometimes and who are we to judge others' appearance so harshly, especially when those others aren't there to defend themselves?

Comment

• guardimp
            • Jun 2010

If the poor fit was posted as a waywt is would be getting a lot less flack. It seems quite odd to be ripping on what they are wearing when it is so similar to waywt. Definitely reminiscent of throwing stones from a glass house.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
              • Oct 2014

For the record I don't think their outfits look 'horrendous". Not my taste but mainly the All Leather Daddy just looks like a futuristic dominator, and the whole "all out there PFW" makes him look a little tubby.

Also this is WTF. $400 for the Rick book? http://www.grailed.com/listings/63461

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

1. looking "ridiculous" is not a bad thing, especially if you were to ask rick himself.
                Fair enough, maybe that was the wrong word to use. I agree with you that campy, ridiculous, over the top and what have you can all be done extremely well, as we have seen on this forum so many times.
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
                  Also this is WTF. $400 for the Rick book? http://www.grailed.com/listings/63461
                  Pricing level: Gilt.

However, Selfridges just changed the paper cover to their own and sold it for 100 pounds which was around 120 euros back then.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Didn't Faun have blue balls from chasing the maidens?
                    I bet he did. I was actually hoping for a cum-stained scarf, although that mightĀ“ve been too literal. Rick did make a jacket of the kind though:

Originally posted by Glenn Belvarioā€™s review of Rick Owensā€™ FW 1998 ā€˜MONSTERSā€™ for GLUE magazine;
                    After encouraging me to touch a fitted jacket with puffy pockets, Owens informed me that it had been made out of his own mattress cover ā€œcovered in cum stains.ā€ Gee, and I thought it was merely a clever jacquard.
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• hausofblaq
                      • Oct 2014

1. looking "ridiculous" is not a bad thing, especially if you were to ask rick himself. criticizing two of rick's best customers for going "all out" and "always" looking "terrible" is missing the point completely. the brand itself and the designs are campy, loud and 'ridiculous' and that IS the point. you wanna tone it down? you wanna look like a straight as fuck white guy? buy LUC or some shit like that.
                      Yet if that person was a user on this forum and posted this on WAYWT, I'm sure a lot of members would agree that it's a bad fit regardless of how ridiculous or how true it holds to the brand's looks.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

who are u to speak for what "a lot of members would agree" on?

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

The dude is dressed like a time traveling Claude Montana fan from the fetishist planet Zurcon while most Rick wearers look like people totally feeling the new streetwear as luxury style cause it allows them to look somewhat cool in their creative jobs. Who's going hard in that scenario?
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Marlon
                            • Sep 2011

The two guys may be the "best rick customers" this isn't an excuse the right guy outfit is ridiculous and not in the good way. Layering Rick can look way better, this just look like the guy pulled as much item he could no matter proportions/comfort.

Shucks you're comparing this outfit to rickandjulius silly pose (intended to be fun) while his fit was ok.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                              • Oct 2012

Ridiculous is wrong for that dude, he looks straight up awful. I donĀ“t get the flack for rickandjulius, specially while at the same time trying to defend how seriously bad the dudes in that pic look.

Comment

• guardimp
                                • Jun 2010

While rick and Julius has much improved over the last couple of months he is not that far off from those two guys. I see no less comedy in a couple of well off white kids pretending to be street then the two rick aficionados. Sure they look like they were vomited on by the rick showroom but they look more interesting then most of the people who turn rick into uninspired luxury lounge wear.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎