Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arkady
    • Apr 2011

"Only 2 Pieces In The World --- Blood Red #CarolChristianPoell Fencing Leather Jacket"

I think he might've put in a custom order for this protracted abortion.

Comment

• guardimp
      • Jun 2010

On it's own it is overpowering but could be cool when dirtied up. Yet I cannot see how the Ronald McDonald combo can be salvaged.

Comment

• Arkady
        • Apr 2011

And the vest could be interesting over an all black or dark blue fit, but. Jacket + Vest = Bleach + Ammonia

Comment

• mgala
          • Sep 2014

At least he's not pairing CCP with Kanye West sneakers

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

Was the Ronald McDonald comment Eurocentric? Just realized that red and yellow more likely connotate fortune and luck than ketchup and mustard...
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Over 100 billion served, but no:

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                Was the Ronald McDonald comment Eurocentric? Just realized that red and yellow more likely connotate fortune and luck than ketchup and mustard...
                Fortune, luck, gold, their flag, McDonald's (it does exist in China), or the dude just wants to show off, and those two colors are good at complementing each other in that they both stand out and no detail is lost.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                  • Dec 2006

"Good luck" or not, that styling is gauche. Maybe he's trolling or this is just a bad joke? Actually I'm not so sure anymore, because in the past 2 years or so I've seen some absolutely cringeworthy attempts at styling CCP clothing and footwear.

I find it best to stay away from searching the hashtags of designer names on Instagram...the horror...

mgala - are people are doing that for real? or is this just a joke?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
                    "Good luck" or not, that styling is gauche. Maybe he's trolling or this is just a bad joke? Actually I'm not so sure anymore, because in the past 2 years or so I've seen some absolutely cringeworthy attempts at styling CCP clothing and footwear.

I find it best to stay away from searching the hashtags of designer names on Instagram...the horror...

It's called having more money than taste

Alternatively, it's the belief that by having something very... outstanding, that you'll be noticed. It's the same concept as buying clothes with heavy branding or very iconic images. A black leather from CCP from a distance looks vaguely like many other leather jackets. A red/yellow/blue/green one is rare just because very few people wear leathers in that color, especially with that amount of brightness.

Comment

• newp
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                      It's called having more money than taste

Alternatively, it's the belief that by having something very... outstanding, that you'll be noticed. It's the same concept as buying clothes with heavy branding or very iconic images. A black leather from CCP from a distance looks vaguely like many other leather jackets. A red/yellow/blue/green one is rare just because very few people wear leathers in that color, especially with that amount of brightness.
                      It's probably not. What I've learnt from sz: not to project my tastes on other people. Take a lot of good looks from our waywt which don't use more or less typical coat-pants-boots silhouette and show them to the default person (especially 2-3 years ago): you will get the same reaction as he gets from us at the moment. An excuse like "it's because they don't have a taste and only us here have it at all" is a bad one, you know. Some designers start to experiment with color: CCP electric blue, BBS orange, etc. etc.: while they (and their consumers) are making a step, he made a jump, maybe too far and maybe in the wrong direction. I don't want to defend him and I don't want to dress like him, but NO TASTE accusation seems too bland. He has this taste, it's just differs from our. A lot.

Comment

• mgala
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
                        Oh don't worry, it was a terrible joke! I hope that's never going to happen

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Not going to sully the Yamamoto thread with this. From CR Fashion Book (an exercise in WTF in itself)
                          Attached Files
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                            • Oct 2014

That CCP/BBS #OOTD is pretty similar to how 90% of the nouveau-riche Chinese dressed in Boston. CCP with HBA and MCM. $$$

Comment

• 550BC
                              • Jan 2013

actually there is a guy on instagram that wears all nike air yeezys and ccp,ph etc.
                              a fish out of water dies

Comment

• mikko
                                • Apr 2013

I make an effort to follow all the nouveau riche dudes on Instagram. Even though a lot of times there are garish pairings they don't take it so seriously which can be refreshing from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎