• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gregor View Post
    was a higher caliber of writing ever expected from them?
    Bingo. If you take Complex magazine seriously, the joke's on you.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
      Annnd is it just me or did they draw Fuuma?
      Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      LOL was just going to say the same...
      haha go visit the strangers reactions to your clothes thread! the mystery has been debunked

Also the bigger question is: is there a Complex mag spy lifting/sending the fit pics from the forum or do they really just sit and scour everything??? ugh

Originally posted by Faust
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Why does it have to be a spy? Of course they read SZ, just like they read SuFu and other influential menswear media. Obviously, some of you read Complex, so why shouldn't they read SZ?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Why does it have to be a spy? Of course they read SZ, just like they read SuFu and other influential menswear media. Obviously, some of you read Complex, so why shouldn't they read SZ?
          I was just kidding! It was the more action packed side of the situation. I actually know two IT techs who read SZ and worked at Complex. I just can't imagine scrolling through these tons of things, finding a photo here and choosing it over any of the much more fitting ones on the internet but I do get why anyone writing an something like that would come to SZ. I still don't like it, maybe I'm very protective of the community here
          Last edited by eleves; 03-30-2015, 03:36 PM.
          Originally posted by Faust
          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

um, so i just received an order from Antonioli...

thought i was buying this;

and what arrived was a collared shirt [not throne collar jacket], with a straight placket / opening [not asymmetric], with no side pockets, no rear vent, and a hood that doesn't snap on, and generally doesn't work.

um, wtf.

-

Comment

• newp
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
              um, so i just received an order from Antonioli...

thought i was buying this;

and what arrived was a collared shirt [not throne collar jacket], with a straight placket / opening [not asymmetric], with no side pockets, no rear vent, and a hood that doesn't snap on, and generally doesn't work.

um, wtf.
              Probably a packing mistake? They have free returns anyway.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by newp View Post
                Probably a packing mistake? They have free returns anyway.
                couldn't be a packing mistake, they don't have this item available for purchase.

incredibly frustrating as an international customer, as getting duties refunded is a royal pain in the arse.

-

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

couldn't be a packing mistake, they don't have this item available for purchase.

incredibly frustrating as an international customer, as getting duties refunded is a royal pain in the arse.
                  Oh. Duties could be indeed as pain, I haven't thought about it.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

ah well, fuck Antonioli - after having to resort to a chargeback to get my last refund processed, and now this fiasco, i'm done.

-

Comment

• ironman
                      • Apr 2008

tell me about it

i sent in all my proper documentation to CBSA for a duties refund, and a month and a half later they sent me a letter saying there is insufficient information to process it, and to please send the original import form as proof that i paid them the amount

i already gave it to them! even if they lost my import form (which was paper clipped with the refund request form), they should have record of payment tied to the import/tracking number as it was detailed in the request. it is not illegible either as it was typed out using their pdf fill form

government trolling me

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                        tell me about it

i sent in all my proper documentation to CBSA for a duties refund, and a month and a half later they sent me a letter saying there is insufficient information to process it, and to please send the original import form as proof that i paid them the amount

i already gave it to them! even if they lost my import form (which was paper clipped with the refund request form), they should have record of payment tied to the import/tracking number as it was detailed in the request. it is not illegible either as it was typed out using their pdf fill form

government trolling me
                        yup, sounds just like my last refund request.

did you manage to get it sorted in the end?

-

Comment

• ironman
                          • Apr 2008

no it's current, and i don't think anything will happen

i called them and explained, how even if i was precautious and scanned the original, it is a copy and they don't accept copies, but if they claim they don't have it well what can i do

not like i recorded myself inserting all documentation in to the envelope in which i could clearly blame them for losing it and try to appeal. still probably wouldn't work anyway, fighting a losing battle lol

i also sent in an online complaint but haven't heard back, guess i shouldn't expect to

Comment

• curiouscharles
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                            no it's current, and i don't think anything will happen

i called them and explained, how even if i was precautious and scanned the original, it is a copy and they don't accept copies, but if they claim they don't have it well what can i do

not like i recorded myself inserting all documentation in to the envelope in which i could clearly blame them for losing it and try to appeal. still probably wouldn't work anyway, fighting a losing battle lol

i also sent in an online complaint but haven't heard back, guess i shouldn't expect to
                            fucking gov't trolls...

guess i'll call them beforehand this time and explain my reservations about sending them originals.

i've never managed to successfully get a refund either, but my last one was for a much smaller amount so i wasn't terribly miffed.

[the time commitment involved was starting to far outweigh the money]

-

Comment

• ironman
                              • Apr 2008

yeah i've had only 1 go through successfully, out of maybe 5-6 attempts. most just didn't receive any reply at all. this one is for about ~$440 which is why i'm kinda pissed

anyway, good luck with yours!

Comment

• curiouscharles
                                • Jan 2008

thanks man - will let you know how it goes / if i learn anything particularly helpful this go round.

-

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎