X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewislasorad
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
    um, so i just received an order from Antonioli...

thought i was buying this;

and what arrived was a collared shirt [not throne collar jacket], with a straight placket / opening [not asymmetric], with no side pockets, no rear vent, and a hood that doesn't snap on, and generally doesn't work.

um, wtf.
    what I think happened here..

Antonioli takes photographs of the original Sample garment in Paris during fashion week, while buying (like Luisaviaroma). They set up mobile photo studios all in the name of pre-sales and also not needing to shoot product once it arrives in store (saves about 2 weeks). The major downside to this method is, quite often Samples are changed, improved or altered in production for any number of reasons. I think what happened here was the garment was changed during production and is no longer representative of what is for sale This is the major downside to this method and why very few stores still operate in this way...

Comment

• naturalalmonds
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
      um, so i just received an order from Antonioli...

thought i was buying this;

and what arrived was a collared shirt [not throne collar jacket], with a straight placket / opening [not asymmetric], with no side pockets, no rear vent, and a hood that doesn't snap on, and generally doesn't work.

um, wtf.
      Do you have pictures of what you actually received?
      I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• curiouscharles
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
        what I think happened here..

Antonioli takes photographs of the original Sample garment in Paris during fashion week, while buying (like Luisaviaroma). They set up mobile photo studios all in the name of pre-sales and also not needing to shoot product once it arrives in store (saves about 2 weeks). The major downside to this method is, quite often Samples are changed, improved or altered in production for any number of reasons. I think what happened here was the garment was changed during production and is no longer representative of what is for sale This is the major downside to this method and why very few stores still operate in this way...
        thanks for the insight andrew!

this is [mostly] what i suspected, which rather depressed me as i had fallen in love with the particular design.

doing a mass sweep of all e-tailers [in a mad panic], i found the piece i was after on farfetch [already ordered!], and found the piece i erroneously received on both farfetch & the corner.

they likely either ordered the wrong piece, or received the wrong piece in their order and didn't bother to update the photos.

de toute façon, frustrating as all f***, and won't be ordering from antonioli again.
        —
        -

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by naturalalmonds View Post
          Do you have pictures of what you actually received?
          essentially this in all black;

—
          -

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

I have experienced a similar thing with lvr in the past, I ordered a pair of julius coated black denim and received a completely different model. After contacting them the assistant stated that the designer had switched model numbers after their pre-order period and they weren't aware of this fact. Of course the one I was after was not even in stock. I didn't get the explanation back then but andrew's post makes perfect sense.
            ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• retarded_mj
              • Sep 2013

Same experience with Antonioli. Ordered this

but got this (without tag)

After email them and they said they make mistake, no more my size for the design I want. They offer return too.

but to save troublesome, I take it and ask them for discount, end up they refund 10% to me.

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

mods, can we move these recent antonioli-related posts to the 'retailers and customer service thread'? i think it would be more useful to be able to read them there.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Crazy Marc Jacobs stalker lady is back, and she's madder than ever...
                  The story how Marc Jacobs has been copying the work of a talented young designer named Angel Barta since 2008. Read and share the truth.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• HugAndWug
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                    Crazy Marc Jacobs stalker lady is back, and she's madder than ever...
                    http://styleangelique.blogspot.co.uk
                    Holy shit this is straight up gold. Like how this is produced without referencing the new world order or anything else is perfect.

Comment

• bukka
                      • Sep 2011

Schizophrenia is sad.
                      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                        • Oct 2014

Not really WTF, but I always love this dude's poses when his shit pops up on eBay.

$88 for the shirt tho not bad.

Comment

• Peasant
                          • Jul 2009

I was seriously just looking through his sales items yesterday just for the pics of him.

And that Angel Barta chick is really troubled. If MJ ends up dead, you've got your killer.
                          Last edited by Peasant; 04-17-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• timm3h
                            • Mar 2011

what the penis
                            Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

I might be imagining it but is there more than a passing similarity between these and the Rigards?

Comment

• Mezeinee
                                • Apr 2015

This crop top is debatable, however I can totally imagine this look at a Summer Open Air, Coachella or something. Or maybe KitKat Club in Berlin...
                                https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎