• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

No doubt about it, Fuuma.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

I wish details and more photos/reports of LUC, Taichi Murakami and further Altieri developments would be more widely available so that we could discuss process, technique, materials/treatment research more.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
        • Feb 2012

hear hear!

thanks for the reminder Albert...

i'll try and do my part fwiw – will post some close-up photos of my Taichi trousers in mix-weave ramie, hopefully capture some of those details that get lost in translation

same for that Forme coat Faust wrote about in his interview last month
        Last edited by PoubelleMaBelle; 04-26-2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• hausofblaq
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
          It seems to repeat every time a designer blows up or gains more mainstream appeal, criticism based not on design or style but rather on popularity (or who the new buyers are).

Isn't a big part of this issue the motivation behind people buying sz-esque clothing? For the people who bought it because they like it there is no real impact from someone else liking the same thing. But for the people who bought it to be alternative or anti-mainstream it is abhorrent for the masses to be having something similar. Almost like the plebians are invading their secret high fashion society. It would be comical if not for how absurd it seems.
          It feels like the whole concept of an exclusive club. Either you post a pic with these SZ-associated brands and it better match the "SZ look" or else it's automatically a shitty outfit. Or else, you're just someone hopping on the SZ-associated brands with no appreciation.

Didn't we all have a time where we first began with a designer piece or two, and tried to incorporate it into our current wardrobe then? Of course, take this with a grain of salt, I'm sure there are members here who may have hopped into the "SZ look" with a complete outfit with their large bank accounts. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we should be less critical of those who may just be stepping into these brands but still want to share their experience with whatever pieces they've acquired.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            I wish details and more photos/reports of LUC, Taichi Murakami and further Altieri developments would be more widely available so that we could discuss process, technique, materials/treatment research more.
            I wish so too. But they are reluctant to go on record. So.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hausofblaq View Post
              It feels like the whole concept of an exclusive club. Either you post a pic with these SZ-associated brands and it better match the "SZ look" or else it's automatically a shitty outfit. Or else, you're just someone hopping on the SZ-associated brands with no appreciation.

Didn't we all have a time where we first began with a designer piece or two, and tried to incorporate it into our current wardrobe then? Of course, take this with a grain of salt, I'm sure there are members here who may have hopped into the "SZ look" with a complete outfit with their large bank accounts. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we should be less critical of those who may just be stepping into these brands but still want to share their experience with whatever pieces they've acquired.
              It's not that, but it's often mistaken for that. It's more a desire for people to connect with designers' ethos and just pile on stuff because someone told you it's cool. I understand that completely and I know where 550BC is coming from. This feeling is often confused with desire for exclusivity. In a way it is, but it's not moneyed snobbery or anything like that. Still, I've grown to have a more of a live and let live attitude about these things.

And, anyway, what do we know about these people? Maybe this girl is a Joy Division fan par excellence. Shit, I walked into a liquor store in Williamsburg and a dude who looked like a denim hipster who stepped out of the pages of Inventory magazine was blasting Sisters of Mercy. As a matter of fact the guy who turned me onto Sisters of Mercy and H.R.Giger back in my teens looked like your average Red Sox fan, while plenty of little bitches who walk around SoHo in Givenchy skirts hoping to be spotted by a street style photographer know jack shit about cultural influences on these designers, though they are tall and skinny and can rock anything.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I wish so too. But they are reluctant to go on record. So.
                ^ I know! It definitely is an issue that begins with the designers themselves for one reason or another. I wish they allowed and increased the dialogue regarding their designs. It would serve to increase the understanding and appreciation (and likely sales) of their work all around.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

It doesn't get more authentic than a little bitch who doesn't give a fuck about the ethos of her designer skirt. Where is the love?
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

A, cases of utmost persuasion have been made, reason given, benefits described, shields splintered, spears broken, and nothing has come of it.

Well, not exactly, but I'm not in the business of begging for stories.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Scander
                      • Jul 2013

^ I know! It definitely is an issue that begins with the designers themselves for one reason or another. I wish they allowed and increased the dialogue regarding their designs. It would serve to increase the understanding and appreciation (and likely sales) of their work all around.
                      I know Luca often left some posters at Lazzari about the construction of his knit. Also he creates installations. Unfortunately they din't allowed me to take pictures and I have to improve my ninja ability ahah.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                        It doesn't get more authentic than a little bitch who doesn't give a fuck about the ethos of her designer skirt. Where is the love?
                        Inside the skirt, presumably. Unless the bitch has been neutered.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          A, cases of utmost persuasion have been made, reason given, benefits described, shields splintered, spears broken, and nothing has come of it.

Well, not exactly, but I'm not in the business of begging for stories.
                          Fair enough. Just unfortunate is all.

I do like that there has been some discussion regarding Deepti since more people have had the opportunity to handle/see the work.

Luca's definitely still doing some innovative R&D, but has priced himself to such a point that people can't even see the stuff in stores because the buys are getting smaller.

I hope some of the Japanese contingent on SZ gets a chance to visit the M_moria presentation in conjunction with Jun and can report back.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Yes, Deepti is coming into her own, as was expected. Saw some interesting pieces yesterday. The one piece knit was particularly interesting with the knit variations.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• david s
                              • Jul 2010

open toed combat boots

the end is nigh, and I thought they were something reserved for school yard insults in the 1970s, these are fugly

link here
                              Last edited by david s; 04-27-2015, 08:10 AM.
                              It's absolutely Hedious!
                              shy poser

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Fair enough. Just unfortunate is all.

I do like that there has been some discussion regarding Deepti since more people have had the opportunity to handle/see the work.

I hope some of the Japanese contingent on SZ gets a chance to visit the M_moria presentation in conjunction with Jun and can report back.
                                I can go, what do you want to know?
                                Originally posted by unwashed
                                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎