Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redbible
    • Mar 2015

I guess I should not generalize like that, it is mostly what I see growing up in the Bay Area and San Francisco which has a large hipster population. What I see is all kinds of people, but mostly white hipster. Other Minority tend to live and stick together, though obviously not all. SO you can see why I would come to that conclusion.

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
      Lazy thinking, too common even in some academics.
      Sweet euphemism. Academics is were I see this kind of lazy thinking most often, juggling with concepts without ever precisely describing them.
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
        Are there any pictures of this?
        I think he means this. actually I think this photo has been discussed earlier here when people were discussing ''normcore''
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

No, that's when we were discussing those ghastly sandals becoming a thing.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

Amazing.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
              Today an over-priced sedan drove past blaring Eminem through the open windows with a license plate that read "LUXERY".

I take back everything I've said on this previously: bad taste is an objective thing, and I have witnessed it.
              I always knew Kant was right and postmodernists were wrong.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bowyark
                • Jan 2011

Dick Flops

Rick is probably mad he didn't think of Dick Flops first -

Comment

• bukka
                  • Sep 2011

LVR has been shit since forever. But still, this is next level.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

This is the worst. Why does he have a tiny blue shovel? Why is he pushing a shopping cart filled with old clothes? Why why why
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bukka View Post

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/landing....tiano_serafini

Hahaha this is pure mind-death

Comment

• NOHSAD
                        • Nov 2014

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/landing....tiano_serafini
                        See kids, this is why expensive clothes doesn't translate to having style, it just translates to looking like all the other "fucbois" on Instagram .
                        "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

actually, the silhouettes aren't that bad. the way he wears those frontzips with skirted pants is pretty much the ideal way to wear those boots. and cargobaskets are really difficult to style well.

ok so all the posing, hair, makeup, accessories and the jeremy scott is super camp, but i'm pretty sure that's intentional so it's a bit pointless to rag on it. in fact it can even come across as a bit homophobic.

tbh i wouldn't be surprised if rick himself would approve of this stuff. too many boring-ass straight white males wear his designs without realizing that it's actually mostly really camp-y stuff. and then these guys get all spooked the day when they all of a sudden realize they've been looking semi-queer all along.

basically: if u don't want to be associated with anything queer, don't wear rick.

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post

tbh i wouldn't be surprised if rick himself would approve of this stuff. too many boring-ass straight white males wear his designs without realizing that it's actually mostly really camp-y stuff. and then these guys get all spooked the day when they all of a sudden realize they've been looking semi-queer all along.

basically: if u don't want to be associated with anything queer, don't wear rick.
                            this is gold and so so true
                            it's like people who want to look "badass" wearing carol, or "smart but edgy and casual" wearing paul, they just spoil everything.
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• bukka
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                              actually, the silhouettes aren't that bad. the way he wears those frontzips with skirted pants is pretty much the ideal way to wear those boots. and cargobaskets are really difficult to style well.

ok so all the posing, hair, makeup, accessories and the jeremy scott is super camp, but i'm pretty sure that's intentional so it's a bit pointless to rag on it. in fact it can even come across as a bit homophobic.
                              While I can agree to some extent with you (though jeremy scott will always be garbage in my eyes, and the styling, i.e the context, is super wtf), this seriously came out of nowhere.

Comment

• NOHSAD
                                • Nov 2014

While I can agree to some extent with you (though jeremy scott will always be garbage in my eyes, and the styling, i.e the context, is super wtf), this seriously came out of nowhere.
                                Jeremy Scott's clothing as a whole can be pulled off by a niche amount of people, and i mean niche w/o looking like a fool. This guy however, is not part of that niche, at least from what the outfit consisted off.
                                "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎