Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

i do agree with the notion that it's more business than aesthetic. i mean, as far as brands go, in terms of both pricing and aesthetic, boris is rather unattainable, even as far as that relatively low tier of avant-garde brands go. is the bomber horrendous? god yes. can 11 produce some rather ugly pieces that would never find their way into the main line? definitely, but, it seems to be forgotten that is the point of it. diffusion is just that.

Comment

• Defender
      Banned
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      I wish people would understand this, or at least consider it in their though process, because if they did, it becomes easier to understand why certain things happen...........
      That's a really boss description of selling out. I get it now!

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
        "HRR SHCMMF FF, FFNRPFFT?"

"Rick Owens"

"PFFT! MFFT RFFF WNNS TFFFPFFT"
        lmao
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• brettwagg
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Defender View Post
          That's a really boss description of selling out. I get it now!

the next step is to make a bedazzled version of that hideous metallic jacket that will appeal to fans of Nick Jonas.

Comment

• newp
            • Feb 2013

BBS, in my opinion, tries to sit on too many chairs at once. "Are you into fashion, do you check PFW shows? Hey I do have a show, I am so high-fashion, buy me!". "Hey, I bet you love these strange names of Altieri, Amadei, Laurini and so on because they are handmade? Hey look on this tag, yeah, take a good look. Handmade. Hand-made. Art-is-a-nal. No, no redundant dash. I bet you love artisanal stuff and so is mine." "Yeah man you swimming pool in the front and the back yard, are you gotta act hard, are you under 21 with a black card? Yo man check this sickkkkk fresh line 11 omg sofresshhhhh".

It doesn't remove the fact some of his items are really nice.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
              Yeah, that's why I don't go looking for/post the pictures of all the people who wear him. But even when I see those, there's no reason why it should affect me. I'm wasn't arguing about authenticity, or who has the right to join my particular branch of the fancy-pants-club. On the bomber itself: it's not whether shitty pop stars wear it, it's that BBS 11 has made the sort of clothing that appeals to shitty pop stars. If you DO really care about who wears the same brands as you (as 550BC seems to, not saying you do E), don't wear that kind of brand. If you don't care, then wear what you want.

And even if he's turned down celebs etc., that doesn't make 11 a good/appealing brand. A lot of it is flashy streetwear. Which is fine if you like that kind of thing, but flashy and streetwear are not terms I want to include in my style vocabulary...

And 550BC: I haven't got anything particular against you, sorry if it came across that way after the last disagreement here. I just don't get how this is WTF. We can disagree on this, and on 11 in general, but I have to ask--do you think this jacket looks good? If not, how is it surprising when a Jonas wears it?
              I hear you. I completely understand that if you are invested into a work of a designer who is influenced by the similar cultural background and whose ethos you understand you may be bothered that it is worn by people who couldn't care less about that, because for you style, just like other aspects of taste, whether it's music or art, become a point of connection. And I used to feel this way, too. But as time has passed I've also realized that feeling this way is just a waste of time and energy.

I didn't stop listening to Rage Against the Machine even though rich suburban kids went to their concerts because it was a cool thing to do. I am not going to stop wearing RO and BBS just because fuccbois have caught on to them. Whatever.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nvsnli
                • Mar 2013

I like the technical parka by 11, particular shorts and the P1's + some basic tees.
                Four to five garments that i like from whole 11 by BBS range.
                Other than those few mentioned i think it is crap.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by newp View Post
                  BBS, in my opinion, tries to sit on too many chairs at once. "Are you into fashion, do you check PFW shows? Hey I do have a show, I am so high-fashion, buy me!". "Hey, I bet you love these strange names of Altieri, Amadei, Laurini and so on because they are handmade? Hey look on this tag, yeah, take a good look. Handmade. Hand-made. Art-is-a-nal. No, no redundant dash. I bet you love artisanal stuff and so is mine." "Yeah man you swimming pool in the front and the back yard, are you gotta act hard, are you under 21 with a black card? Yo man check this sickkkkk fresh line 11 omg sofresshhhhh".

It doesn't remove the fact some of his items are really nice.
                  Just going to address the first point: Boris has himself stated that he does not enjoy to do runway shows (and it has been evident in the past, because often they are not a great illustration of what his-respective- collection will offer in its entirety).

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by GucciAmen View Post
                    Just going to address the first point: Boris has himself stated that he does not enjoy to do runway shows (and it has been evident in the past, because often they are not a great illustration of what his-respective- collection will offer in its entirety).
                    Indeed. He doesn't like it, but as long as it is going to attract another social layer of customers, he does it.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Indeed. He doesn't like it, but as long as it is going to attract another social layer of customers, he does it.
                      Have you been to any of his shows? Stop talking out of your ass.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                        • Apr 2011

How would attending confirm whether or not he likes doing it?

Comment

• Resonkuken
                          • Oct 2012

By his attitude I´ve seen in videos, he doesn´t look like someone who loathes doing runway shows. I really like the places he chooses to showcase his collections.
                          I´m kind of a bbs fanboy... He´s the one designer whose work has really captured my full attention and whose pieces I´m always looking for online. I really like his mainline and even though he´s strayed from some of the rougher, more nomadic warrior-esque looks for the past, I still think he´s coming out with some great garments.
                          11 has some nice things but I don´t understand nor like the "HBA" look of the past 2 collections. Yet for what I´ve seen on Instagram, the next one to hit stores is gonna go in quite the different direction compared to previous ones. I already have a bunch of stuff I can´t wait to get.

Comment

• 550BC
                            • Jan 2013

Everything Faust said. Thank you! No need for me to explain anymore.

Also FMC, no I don't like the bomber nor do I own any 11 items besides a technical parka.

damn, didn't knew we had this level of ignorance on SZ.. you know nothing.
                            a fish out of water dies

Comment

• newp
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
                              damn, didn't knew we had this level of ignorance on SZ.. you know nothing.
                              If you didn't get the message it's I've never encountered a diffusion line with aesthetics that much different from the first line and clearly targeting so distant target group of customers as 11byBBS is to BBS. Did you?

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

I know some of u would rather rock the drkshdw garbage version than the original classics and while 11 is bad as bad gets 95% of the time it's not the only shitty silver Ma-1 around u know, and this one is probably twice as much?!?

I can cook a whole thanksgiving dinner inside this jacket!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎